Since registering I have entered 21,934 giveaways. Out of those I have won 18, giving me a win rate of 0.08%.
I other words I win once per 1250 entries. So how about it, is that good or bad? Considering I'm at level 0, it might be the average.

3 months ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Roughly speaking, this number corresponds to the average* number of entries of the GAs that you enter. If you increase you level and/or enter some groups, you can start entering GAs with smaller number of entries, correspondingly increasing your win rate.

*It's not arithmetic mean, probably something like harmonic mean.

3 months ago

For public giveaways that is lucky

3 months ago

At level 0 and only entering public GAs, that's about right. Would you say most GAs you enter had around 1,250 entries? You can also check your stats and the site will tell you whether you have won more or less than expected based on the average of your GAs entered.

If you want to increase your win percentage, you have to enter GAs with better entrant to winner ratios. The way to do this is by entering group, whitelist, region restricted, or invite only GAs.

3 months ago

Click the drop-down next to your profile picture up to, then click "My Stats". That will give you an idea of how lucky or unlucky you are. It's not necessarily about the number of giveaways you ever but also the number of people who have entered those same giveaways.

3 months ago

View attached image.
3 months ago

For level 0 that's not too bad.

3 months ago

If you raise your level, you will be able to enter giveaways with more chances

3 months ago

That might be the only thing that really makes a difference.
Given how roughly 85% of all registered users are level 0, just getting to level 1 would really help.

3 months ago

That's fine, I guess. I almost always had -0.05 and lower (-0.18 in this January, for example).
The only thing that helped me win is participating in group giveaways (currently won a game and has 0.71 ratio) and before I joined groups, I won only twice due to luck and all other giveaways were entered to win at least something, because I was desperate and they were unpopular and I understood that I have more chances with them. Now, I don't feel desperate and join only giveaways of the games, which I actually plan to play.

3 months ago

To have the greatest impact on your win rate, have a look through Group Recruitment - there are many groups that don't require regular giveaways, but most usually have a minimum level requirement (so levelling up will also be necessary).

It's also worth lurking in the discussions as there are regular giveaways (with various requirements), and there are several discussions dedicated to giveaways.

But since it looks like you don't play your wins, why care?

3 months ago

You don't make level 0 giveaways so why do you care?

3 months ago

Not strictly true, my invite only ones are usually level 0 or maybe level 1.

Why do I care? I don't, it makes no difference to me. But I might have been tempted to whitelist them.

3 months ago

"Why care"
Idk it's just fun to win stuff I guess. I'll admit I have been a bit indiscriminate in what giveaways I joined so far just to win something

3 months ago

I get that, I think most have that urge early on. But the reality of the site is that to improve your chances you have to "invest" in it. That's either by levelling up or spending more time entering giveaways (unless you are already exhausting all your points).

I believe my suggestions are the smartest way, requiring least investment, to improve those chances. For example, right now I see approx 700 level 0 giveaways, and 430 level level 1 - 3 giveaways. So getting to level 3 would provide 50% more giveaways than you can enter right now, most with better chances of winning.

3 months ago

It's equally fun to give stuff, I would argue more addicting than winning.

3 months ago

According to my stats, I've won 482 games more than I should. No typo.

3 months ago*

You should have won -10 games according to your stats?

3 months ago

Damn it. It should be 482 grrrrrrrr

3 months ago

No typo :P *

Aside from that, it is suprised that the system gives you this value. Is it some kind of bug?

3 months ago

No, it's the result of the combination of being down and feeling I don't deserve any of this.

3 months ago

(warm hugs)

3 months ago

IM 0.21 % LUL

3 months ago

But you have won some awesome games.
I hope you played them.
I honestly believe I never saw someone that luck in terms of quality of wins and winning games with that many entries.

3 months ago

Well, in one side Spootnik23 has been 11 years in SG. On the other side, I think Spootnik23 is the kind of user who enters only for the really really wanted games, hence thee quality of the won games.

3 months ago

I'am at level 4, account will be soon 9 y.o. I've won 83 times and entered 68,695 giveaways which gives me 0.12% :D

3 months ago

So by maths such a tiny % improve for 4 levels.
Mine is 0,5%

3 months ago

Level isn't that important. I haven't won a single level 4 GA. I have won multiple small group and WL GAs. Most of my entries had almost no chance of winning. Overall it's sitting at 0.6%.

3 months ago

i enter only games im interested in

3 months ago

What made you think about this approximately two years after your last win?

3 months ago

Nothing in particular, I've just been gone for a while.

3 months ago

Ah.

3 months ago

For level 0 that's more than anyone should expect. My win rate is 0.45%, all public GAs but I entered my fair share of group/whitelist GAs too.

3 months ago

That sounds about right, considering you're rolling against the house. I mean i'm a fellow level 0, New user, i only got 68 entries under my belt right now, Zero point Zero wins, and my stat projection already tells me not to get my hopes up. but then again i ain't entering for the games i ain't interested in. So we'll how things work out. My first win will come, nobody can say when.

3 months ago

You do not qualify yet, but might I suggest, that you join UL7 as soon as you do. Your chances to win should go up.

3 months ago

Seems like I'm at 0.29%, higher than I expected lol

3 months ago

On level 1 now I have 0.04% winning probability. I won just 3 games out of 1,537 participated giveaways.

3 months ago

IMO it doesnt matter how much you win, if all you win are shitty games.
Sure... trading cards, farming, blah blah...isnt the whole thing a complete waste? You make cents, barely a few dollars or something...big whoop!
I'd recommend leveling up, and exploring SG some more. You will definitely win more, and hopefully they are games you will enjoy spending your time with.

3 months ago

I assume 99.9% of users doesn't care what they win. 70% aren't most likely even a real accounts, just alts for farming.

3 months ago

View attached image.
3 months ago

Win Rate topic
Makes you wonder how much time was spent entering draws.. time one could have almost used to just gather money to buy the games you wanted on special.

3 months ago

It's not about winning the games.
It's about sending a message.

Jokes aside, entering giveaways here is in itself a bit of game to me. What, you think I never buy games and only come here just to say: "Oh well, guess I don't get to play that one."

3 months ago

only meant, go work out how much TIME went into the effort, fun as it may be, that could have been applied elsewhere more productively.

3 months ago

I have 0,289% win rate on my side, but for a level 0 that nice because many people (like me) stopped ga for Level 0 & 1 users.

3 months ago

You gave away 5 games and won 18. It's still 360% more wins!
This is a true message that everyone can be successful, a true winner on this site! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 months ago

It took me 3,837 giveaways before I won my first giveaway. That was 11 years ago, he he he... screams in life passing by

On a serious note, joining giveaway groups, being added to whitelists and (most importantly) giving away games yourself to enter level restricted giveaways will grant you access to giveaways with much less entries than a Level 0 Public Giveaway.

3 months ago

I seem to be around 2%

3 months ago

Closed 3 months ago by Helios91.