Limited time offer, available for upgrading and new customers for January only. Promotion ends December 31 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. $40 USD Wallet credit granted after 12-month plan purchase. Wallet credit is only available to customers who purchase a 12-month subscription between December 21 at 10:00 a.m. to December 31 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time. Customers who previously received a Humble 12-month plan for $99 are not eligible. This credit expires after six months of Wallet inactivity. Promo subject to Humble Bundle Terms of Service. Promo is subject to change.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Which Deal was better?

View Results
$99 deal but no credit wallet
$132 deal but with $40 credit wallet

$99 deal for me all day long. I at least have flexibility to spend the funds wherever I like. Also credit expires after 6 months wallet inactivity which I don't like as it may force me to spend funds or lose it.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

Really ? do humble bundle respect that law ?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

5 years ago

That definitely good to know thank you for the head up and merry Christmas :)

5 years ago

Money is supposed to be fungible, not locked into store credit or tokens or gems or whatever. That is the power of money.

5 years ago

But its not money. Your not paying money and getting an equivalent credit. Your paying full price for a service and they are giving you some back in their own system. Yes, this sucks, I don't like expiring credit. But this is exactly what they are saying it is. Nobody is trying to trick anyone.

In Canada. Gift cards can't expire or lose value over time like they did many years ago. But for those, your paying money to a store to get an equal amount of credit at that store. That IS money. But its money that the customer has deliberately locked to the store. It won't expire but it can only be spent in one place.

But like I said, this is not a gift card. I would not consider this $40 credit to be worth $40 to me. Perhaps $10 worth since It will expire if the wallet is inactive and knowing me I'd loose track and forget until it expired.. Note.... you can add a $1 to your wallet or spend a bit to reset the clock.

I took the $99 deal. It was a better deal then this. Unless your buying something from the HB store anyhow then this deal if fine. (its a good store, I've bought a few games) Now if the wallet let us buy bundles..... I'd be all over that. I buy bundles frequently.

5 years ago

I wholeheartedly agree with you; I also took the $99 deal. That was my entire point and I tried to make it as concisely as possible. I thought my 2 sentences were quite clear — I am against the idea of morphing a ubiquitous, anonymous, and fungible good like cash and converting it into HB wallet funds (or any sites “wallet”) because it suddenly cannot be spent everywhere, is no longer anonymous (locked to my account), and I can only “share” it or “convert” it by buying games that may or may not be the cheapest.

It is a great business tactic because effectively you can book all of the spending up front (cash is king, that’s why they want it), but no government tax agency on the planet would accept “Steam Gems” or “HB Wallet” or “V Bucks” or whatever else imaginary currency these digital distribution channels want to create. The power of a dollar is variable but no one questions it’s viability. You get cash for the holidays you think, “I can buy anything I want, what an awesome present valued at exactly the amount of money you gave me!” but if you get a gift card, online in-app currency for a game, etc., you think, “well, I can only spend it here, at this store, yay I guess” and immediately try to find ways to spend those Atoms or Lunchboxes ASAP so you don’t forget about it like you mentioned.

So yes, we are on the same page! :D No clue how you misinterpreted what I said originally but glad I was able to catch up with you. Merry Christmas and happy holidays! :D

5 years ago

lol, yes, I mistook what you meant. We are in agreement. :)

Merry Christmas.

5 years ago

Probably $60 next year.

5 years ago

6 bundled games next year.

5 years ago

The trend seems favorable.

5 years ago

credit wallet Is bullshit

5 years ago

People seem to be quite okay with it on Steam. And Humble Store is pretty nice, one of my favourite game stores.

5 years ago

I think it's more about the expiry part than anything and suppose it would be nice for those with no regional prices like my country does in Steam making everything at least 50% cheaper than in the HB store :P

5 years ago

It's good to see Humble making good offers for everyone. The first deal was definitely the better of the two (me no likey expiring wallet credit), but this isn't bad.

5 years ago

Since my last prediction turned out to be correct, I'm making a new one:

$80 by the end of Q1 2019.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

There's no way they're doing $80 but there probably will be some deal at the end of Q1, to boost the numbers for the start of the new year.

5 years ago

Wasn't this $50 yesterday or the day before?

5 years ago

not worth it

5 years ago

The $40 wallet credit deal is incredible, that's like getting a new AAA game for free.

5 years ago

A new AAA game for 40$?

View attached image.
5 years ago

With GBP prices on Humble and the 10% subscriber discount, it is somewhat close to that, yes (48-ish). Last time they had a promo like that, I got the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake out of it, with only paying a small amount on top.

5 years ago

$7 more to spend is better than nothing, if you missed the $99 deal.

5 years ago

What the hell is it with wallet credit that expires? Made me check my account, good to know they put it straight and I'm safe

Wallet Funds: €21.56 EUR
Expiring Wallet Credit: €0.00 EUR

5 years ago

I'd stay the f out of HB, since the IGN bought it I have no trust in them whatsoever.

5 years ago

Lol, sad but true

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

They most likely won't without a refund for remaining months at the worst, but so far every next promotion turns out to be better one than the last, so the amount of people screwed over more expensive deal is only raising, not dropping.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

If you're buying something at a discounted price X then you do not expect the discount to increase a week later. This is exactly why Steam started to offer refunds for buying something shortly before cheaper offer, and they officially made it clear that they do not consider it any form of abuse or misuse. If HB offers $99 deal and $90 deal a week later, then this is exactly screwing up people that paid a week ago, because you can't just assume devaluation of a service you subscribe for, as opposed to devaluation of the product you buy (where you could argue that it costs less now than it used to before due to time passed).

I consider it only one level ahead of pure scamming, because it's not just people that paid discounted price a week ago, it's also people that paid slightly more 2 weeks ago, a bit more 3 weeks ago, and those that paid the full price, all getting scammed more the closer you get to the base price, because the quality of service has to degrade with the discount given, for everybody besides those with the cheapest deal (and they're going to pay for their future customers, sounds like a pyramid scheme much, doesn't it?)

This is pretty much the basics of economy, it's like saying that the socks you get in a year from now are valued at $12, people buying them expecting $12 socks quality, and suddenly you start offering the same socks for as low as $6 to your future customers, no questions asked, just to raise attention. It's clear now that people who get those socks for $6 are not getting $12 value, neither the first group who got scammed by now, because the socks had a value of $5 since the start. If this happened in real life, you could probably sue the person for price manipulation if he falsely claimed that something is worth much more than it was in reality, in Poland we even have a specific law for that where tricking the person into believing that something is worth more than it really is just to profit out of him (sharking), is actually a crime. HB didn't go that far, I do not believe they actually broke any of laws that consider my person, but definitely did devaluate the real worth of their subscription, and in result screwed over people that paid $12 monthly hoping to receive the stuff actually equal to the money they pay.

5 years ago*

I can stop the subscription if I do not like the games of that month, or basically buy the games of those 12 consecutive months in particular?

5 years ago

As far as I know, you can pause as often as you like.

5 years ago

are you sure? I heard if you have a monthly subscription, you can pause a month if you don't like the games. But if you get an annual sub, you cannot pause

5 years ago

I can't be 100% sure because I've never purchased an annual subscription, but that's what people who have usually write about their experience.

5 years ago

you can absolutely pause an annual sub. I have done it

5 years ago

You can't pause in the first month of your annual subscription (because they assume this is a month that makes you buy it), but after that you can pause as many times as you want.

5 years ago

$99 deal seems better. Would rather have $33 real money than $40 Humble Wallet. Also, they hit me with tax now so the difference is even smaller as the whole $132 would be taxed vs tax on $99. Still not bad if you don't own a time machine.

5 years ago

I think all threads about credit wallet must include the message "You can't buy bundles" :/

5 years ago

Yeah, as an <h1>

5 years ago

I save more when i am not buying that 12 month when i buy only 1-2 bundles on 1 year when there is games that i like to play

5 years ago

I used to do that. But in the long term, the annual plan gives more benefits. It gives additional wallet in the HB store and reduced price when you buy it at once. And about games you don't like, you can just trade them and get csgo/tf2 keys on trading forums and sell them on steam to get steam wallet, then get the games of your choice. It is specifically more beneficial for me as I have a very good regional pricing on Steam store.

5 years ago

Was thinking about getting it, thinking it was $99 with the $40 store credit but $132 with store credit hmm, like their store is so much darer that the steam store for me so ain't saving much & have had issues in the past with HB not giving out keys so not a huge fan sadly could spend all that money & get nothing in return

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.