In search of Crysis 2 gift. It's no longer available in the Steam store. I know it's a long shot.. Looking to see if anyone has it and perhaps they can put it up for a contest

Edited for rules,

<3 Cult

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I dont believe that you will be lucky! People dont like when someone asks for a gift!

1 decade ago

Indeed.

1 decade ago

That's why I thought we should start a sticky request topic, but only for a few people, apply some filters to it.

1 decade ago

People who can't even run the game on lowest graphics will probably be the majority of people who enter that giveaway.

1 decade ago

Its sad that that's true.

1 decade ago

I heard Crysis 2 is less demanding than the first...

It's limited to DX9 too.

1 decade ago

^ Main reason why I didn't buy it. Plus I wasn't a huge fan of the first anyway.

1 decade ago

dx11 and hires pack oficially released.

1 decade ago

EA is annoying.

1 decade ago

Second that, EA sux.

1 decade ago

I <3 EA :D

1 decade ago

Electronic Ass.

1 decade ago

Its Valve/Steam that decided to remove Crysis 2 from Steam, not EA

1 decade ago

True.
In a statement sent to IGN, EA claims Crysis 2's removal from Steam "was not an EA decision or the result of any action by EA." It says Valve, the Half-Life and Portal developer behind Steam, is responsible for the game no longer being sold.

"Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service -- many of which are not imposed by other online game services," the statement reads. "Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis 2 from Steam."
Source: 1up.com

1 decade ago

to be fair it was removed because the DLC made available for Crysis 2 was not going to be made available for Steam. That broke the trade agreement. Valve removed the game, but because EA did not honor their agreement.

(The dlc ended up being some optional graphics patches that EA gave exclusivity to for some website/company)

1 decade ago

Crysis 2 wasn't pretty weak anyway.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by joule.