hp's specs:
E2-9000e cpu 1.5ghz
radeon r2 gpu
4gb ram

samsungs:
i3-330m 2.1ghz cpu
geforce 310m
4gb ram

I'am looking to game a bit. At this moment, LoL is a bit choppy on the HP, warcraft 3 lags when in a huge fight, just cause 2 gets about 5 fps all minimum settings, modern warfare runs playable all lowest, company of heroes is not playable all lowest - about 10fps, CS:GO all lowest like 20 fps, S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl runs good on medium.

To what increase in performance would i get with the samsung one? will i be able to include more playble titles (don't care if on lowest settings) rather than with HP?

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I think it's a minor improvement.

If you have some money, for a few tenners get a better graphic card for the new one.
Mind you a geforce 550 will atleast take a 400 watt power supply.
I have a geforce 430 currently and you can go a long way with that.

Actually since it's a laptop, no.

6 years ago*

The "m series" Geforce cards are mobile chipsets used in laptops/notebooks. Upgrades are sometimes possible but more often than not they just arent worth the cost and/or effort involved.

6 years ago

If it's indeed a laptop (what i thought too) he should skip it and go for a better desktop.

6 years ago

both are laptops, i own the hp one and was thinking of upgrading to samsung one, but as other people suggested, performance increase would be minimum.

As for the desktop, i have one :3 but at home, i'am studying in another city. My desktop can't pick up connection since it asks for username and pasword when using LAN cable..lol.....There is no use for it if i can't use internet

6 years ago*

The CPU is an improvement, but the GPU is on par. That means that it would not really improve your gaming experience. I'd rather try to get a better GPU if you won't to play more games even at minimum settings.

6 years ago

You've included the GT 330 there and not the GT 330m. The Radeon R2 you've selected may well be the wrong one as well. https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp%5B%5D=1416&cmp%5B%5D=2915&cmp%5B%5D=108

6 years ago

There are several Radeons R2, which isn't clear indeed, but since there is no number next to it i assume it's the basic onboard graphics one.

And the processor is 330m, the card is a 310m even, Actually he is doing worse.

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp%5B%5D=2915&cmp%5B%5D=108&cmp%5B%5D=102

6 years ago*

I'm not sure what that is about.

6 years ago

Thanks for a clear answer. I won't upgrade then to that one, and look for a better variant

6 years ago

How are you able to play The Witcher Wild Hunt with this specs? O.o

6 years ago

my desktop with which i play, is at home so i use this laptop,since i live in another city where i'am currently studying

6 years ago

lol i was wondering the same after looking at your profile xD

6 years ago

Why?

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago