For any collector.
https://www.kinguin.net/category/14608/prey-2006-steam-cd-key/ (current lowest price 1,80 euro, can google some 5-7% coupon codes but might disable some payment options, and it's just a few cents.
https://www.g2a.com/nl-nl/prey-2006-steam-key-global-i10000035423002
https://www.gamivo.com/product/prey

Better to turn off those protection things, but it's up to you.

On xbox full for $2 (but i don't have that, so i don't know the details).

https://steamdb.info/sub/217/

This still applies too.
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/A08Ex/the-amazing-spider-man-1-and-2-removed-games-cheaply-on-kinguin-plays-fine-in-nl

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

low price is available, buy it. Thanks

5 years ago

Thanks.

5 years ago

i guess, cheapest price for Prey (2006) here for 2.3$

5 years ago

Is this reliable? Never heard of this shop before ^^

5 years ago

Yes it is, I bought it there. Also Hitman and Overcooked 2.

5 years ago

Thanks for your answer :) Good to know, I may buy it too

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Sorry for pushing this thread, but how safe is it to pay via PayPal on Kinguin? I'm just a little worried.

5 years ago

From my experience very safe, because:

• I rarely had an invalid key/wrong game (happens way more often at G2A)
  • if I had to ask for a refund, I always got it back directly by Kinguin (I never used buyer protection, they probably only react faster then), you should take screenshots ofc
  • even if they would decline the refund, you could still use PayPal's buyer protection and they usually decide in favor of the buyer
  • if you're using a credit card for your PP account, you would have another possibility to cancel the payment

Additionally, Kinguin doesn't take a payment fee for PP anymore (contrary to G2A and other key sellers).
One reason against buying there is that the devs don't profit as they do from official resellers. But if you're asking in regard of Prey (2006), you don't have any other possibility.
And I suggest to buy only from key sellers, if you plan to use the key/gift for yourself. When giving away / trading, you can't take screenshots yourself at first and it might take too much time (risking the deadline of buyer's protection).

5 years ago*

Thanks a lot. Yes, I ask because of Prey (2006). It would be my first buy on the grey market.
But it sounds good what you say. I just hope, my account isn't in danger, if something happens.

5 years ago

I see. Since the game is removed from the Steam store, Valve can't blame you for buying a key (and they usually wouldn't even know the origin). Furthermore, if it's only about one game, the reaction should be to just remove that game from your account again.
There are always rumours about banned accounts due to VPN using or credit card fraud, but they're rumours and if you're not using VPN to bypass regional price differences directly at the Steam store or using suspiciously cheap Steam gift cards, your account shouldn't be at risk.
I usually prefer official resellers, but since I'm collecting removed games, I bought more than hundred games at key sellers and nothing bad happened. I activated several games which aren't available in Germany by using VPN and nothing bad happened. The few game revocations I had were based on payment issues between bundle sites (especially Otaku..) and devs/publishers or due to ending of alpha/beta phases.

5 years ago

That's good. I don't use a VPN or any form of Gift cards, so that won't be a risk.

I don't really like the grey market and prefer official resellers, too, but in this case I don't have many options, sadly.

And to activate this key, I shouldn't need a VPN. :) But can't Steam see the origin of the code when the developer tells them?

5 years ago

Valve can't except for their own games. If the dev documented whereto he had given the keys, he might check it. But as others already described, these are retail keys. You could have bought an unused copy at Ebay, at a local store or even at a flea market. How shall the dev differ them?

5 years ago

True, that's a pount. I bought a key now, but just to be sure I made an extra account for it - better safe than sorry! ;)

5 years ago

Yeah, that's also a possibility (at least for a non-collector). Enjoy the game! :)

5 years ago

Oh, I collect games - I love them! :) But because of this I did it that way. I don't want to risk my about 2k games.

And with family sharing I don't have to log into the second account.

5 years ago

Where are my manners?
Thank you very much for your help!

5 years ago

You're welcome!

5 years ago

seeing this discussion reminded me i wanted this game. i just bought it on kinguin with a subway gift card... i shit you not. the lamest x-mas gift turns out to be the coolest

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

nice, i also bought it ^^

View attached image.
5 years ago

Extra Slices!

View attached image.
5 years ago

now imagine what that sandwich would look like if bugthesda made it.
1 slice of meat and 10 lbs of lettuce.
dont get me wrong the new "prey" was a good game but was prey by name only.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

and now im giving a copy away to 1 lucky contributor.
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/A8n9g/prey
i had wrong link b4, sry, its all good now

5 years ago*

Is there any gamivo coupon available?

5 years ago

Thank you for refreshing this thread. I think I might grab a key of this 2006 gem :)

5 years ago

You're welcome! :)

5 years ago

Thank you. Just bought it, already downloading.

5 years ago

Seems that I created a little "hype" again as I reactivated this thread. :)

5 years ago

yep.

5 years ago

It's still a game worth playing, and nobody knows if there are enough keys for a long time.

5 years ago

oh. YOUR to blame... GET HIM!!!

5 years ago

runs away but finds no hiding place What should I do? ;)

5 years ago

buy 5 copys of prey and post them asap. or press ctrl and sneak away like almost every other game

5 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by Gaffi.