Hi, I've been wanting to get ANNO 1404 Gold on steam in Australia but we only have the Dawn of Discovery Gold listing, I found the steam store page for ANNO 1404 Gold but it's the UK store page.

I know they're both the same game just renamed but I'd like to get ANNO 1404 Gold rather than the north american Dawn of Discovery Gold.

Australian Uplay store has ANNO 1404 Gold so why would stream have the north american name for Australia rather than ANNO 1404? ( I Don't want to use Uplay)

Would there be any region issues if I bought ANNO 1404 Gold from the UK store? Or activated a giftable ANNO 1404 Gold?

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I don't see any activation restrictions, only purchase restrictions. https://steamdb.info/sub/6849/info/
You should be able to activate Anno 1404 and play it.

5 years ago

Thanks Golwar, would it work if I used a VPN to purchase ANNO 1404 Gold from the UK store? Or would I have to trade for a giftable copy?

5 years ago

you could look for a key instead (unless you want to use steam wallet). it might be cheaper. 🤔

5 years ago

Whenever you consider using a VPN with steam you need to remember "What's the worst that can happen?"

The worst that can happen is that Steam notices and bans your account outright and you lose access to all games you've purchased before, permanently.

I'm sure there are plenty of ways to limit that risk but still - it's the risk. I don't know how many games you have but you should definitely consider every VPN type action you make as one that can lose them all. Not trying to discourage you, just make sure you make informed decisions.

5 years ago

Thanks for the warning, a key sounds a lot better now :-D

5 years ago

5 years ago

Awsome, thank you for the link :-)

5 years ago

If you're set on Steam then check before buying as most of those will likely be selling Uplay keys.

5 years ago

Yea, most I've found where Uplay keys :-(

5 years ago

Are both games the same version number and work together?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago*

5 years ago

How about buy it on gog.com?

5 years ago

I'm not sure if that one will work on Steam.

5 years ago

You no need Steam or else, as I know it's drm free: buy, download, instal, play - that's all.)

5 years ago

Thanks for confirming it's DRM free, I think the Uplay copy will be my choice, it's cheaper than Steam also :-)

5 years ago

a great big THIS

5 years ago

Maybe I should get over my OCD... but the ANNO 1404 name is better :-)

5 years ago

You should probably get over your OCD.

5 years ago

Yea, it's not simple to get the ANNO 1404 copy on Steam so I'll have to just get Dawn of Discovery Gold :-)

5 years ago*

I think the Uplay copy would be my best option, it's Australian, it's the ANNO 1404 Gold name, and it's cheaper than Steam :-) And IvankoTheFirstUA confirmed DRM free :-)

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.