Hi,

Halloween is approaching soon, so I was wondering which games this 2022 you would like to play? I couldn't add a few of them as they don't show up, such as Evil Nun: The Broken Mask, but if that's the one, feel free to add it as comment or other horror games that have been released this 2022.

Are you planning to make it a thing or are you not a Halloween/Horror type of person? ๐ŸŽƒ

Update 12/10/2022: The winning game will be given away on our TalePlay Giveaway Steam Group so, if you want to become a member and win the game, check the discussion out.

Update 13/10/2022: The winning game will be announced the next Friday and will be given away before Halloween. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What are you most excited to play this Haloween?

View Results
Dying Light 2 Stay Human: Reloaded Edition
MADiSON
Martha Is Dead
Resident Evil Village - Wintersโ€™ Expansion
Scorn
The Quarry

probably white day haven't tried it yet

1 year ago

White Day did come in 2017. Still, that's great to know. ๐Ÿ˜„

1 year ago

Only 3 more days til Scorn arrives? Holy moly!

1 year ago

It's crazy because I really thought this game should have been or already has been released, but it's not. I'm excited about this game to be honest.

1 year ago

I'll launch up Pumpkin Jack from an older Choice. I like my Halloween cheesy

1 year ago

Nice. I'm probably going to play The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope as I got it from this October Choice. Or The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan. My wife and I will have to decide.

1 year ago

I'm totally with you if you do the Dark Pics Anthology!.

1 year ago

Pumpkin Jack fits well the Halloween vibe too. I have the game as well. I may need to play it at some point. Halloween period is perfect for that. Let me know how the game was like.

1 year ago

The Bunny Graveyard deppends on if they'll manage to release it this year ofc^^
I'm definitely into good horror games, but I have hard time finding some with catchy story lately :/ (SOMA, Alien Isolation, >observer_ and Bendy are my favorites)

1 year ago

The Bunny Graveyard deppends on if they'll manage to release it this year ofc^^

Very cool Indie game. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I'm definitely into good horror games, but I have hard time finding some with catchy story lately :/ (SOMA, Alien Isolation, >observer_ and Bendy are my favorites)

I'm more into Action-Horror or 3rd person kind of Horror like Dead Space. I'm gonna be honest I'm not playing much horror, but I'll do it for October. ๐Ÿ˜…

1 year ago

I mostly play the TF2 halloween update.

1 year ago

Is it really scary? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

1 year ago

It isn't really a horror game, but still kinda spooky (more than scary). I guess i will play RE Village again, hopefully before october ends (but probably won't buy the expansion at the current price point)

1 year ago

Well, if it was winning, you'd would not have to worry about buying it. ๐Ÿ˜‹

1 year ago

Yes. I hope i do at some point, but more likely is i'll purchase it at like 50% off. Actually this DLC looks pretty good.

1 year ago

same here

1 year ago

:) Very fun this time of year, but i got sick of playing the halloween maps so i went back to 2Fort etc.

1 year ago

Planning to play https://store.steampowered.com/app/594330/Visage/ soon, not necessarily on Halloween's Day

1 year ago

Looks really nice. I think I know somebody who would like this.

1 year ago

Looks legitimately awesome. And heavily Silent Hill inspired. And a bit like the great Layers of Fear.

1 year ago

I am not a Halloween person, but since I am streaming I will try to do some horror week of games. I would like to play Scorn, but money is not on my side yet, so I will go for games I already have (probably starting with Song of Horror), and probably will be playing some Phasmophobia and Hunt: Showdown.

1 year ago

You may be in luck because if Scorn wins this pool we'll most likely going to give it away on TalePlay Giveaway Steam Group.

1 year ago

Let's pray to all the gods that it will then.

1 year ago

My wife is playing both Hunt: Showdown and Phasmophobia. Recently Hunt as she got addicted to it once more. It's a tough game, but she enjoys it a lot.

1 year ago

Yeah, Hunt is a good game that can get really frustrating sometimes, I'm glad that she enjoys it. I have been having issues finding people to play with recently... Everyone has a life :(.

1 year ago

She pays solo. You can always reach out to her via Steam. I can't promise she may say yes or no.

1 year ago

Hahaha, don't worry about it, it would be weird ๐Ÿคฃ

1 year ago

She said she thinks maybe you struggle to find people because you might need to climb in higher ranks, over there there's more people to go against. Hopefully that information helps you out to carry on in the game.

1 year ago

Have enouth from the horror. Don't need any more

1 year ago

๐Ÿคฃ But the spooky month just got started.

1 year ago

Definitely want to play Scorn ASAP. Like many, I've been keeping an eye on it for years. Crazy that it's finally here.

I kinda like how it doesn't have achievements. It's nice to just play a game from time to time and not think about that kind of shit. Having said that, I think it's a mistake for them not to have both cheevo's and cards. That kind of stuff is important to a lot of people nowadays.

1 year ago

If Scorn becomes the winner, we're planning to give it away on our TalePlay - Steam Group. You may want to check it out as I've updated the information up top.

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

We're not there yet, but we'll soon celebrate it! ๐Ÿ˜„

1 year ago

๐Ÿ˜„

1 year ago

Done a few already this month, considering going for The Beast Inside as the next one when I'm feeling well enough to play games.

1 year ago

I've won that game. I'm scared to play it right now. ๐Ÿคฃ

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago*

It's a tough and creepy list you've got there. I struggle to play so many medium-large games myself. 1-2 games is more than enough.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

I adore Halloween, almost as much as Christmas. Horror films all year round and revisiting the classics in October. Horror games are a different beast to me though, I'm such a scaredy cat if I'm in control and defenceless. Not sure what I'll play this month, I think I've exhausted the majority of the horror games I have left so I'll probably revisit the glory of Dead Space or Strange Horticulture.

I love the vibe of Halloween as well, although I'm not too eager to play horror games, I am challenging myself to play some too.

I'm just dreading my wife wanting to play more Phasmophobia. There's nothing pretty about a big beardy bloke actually screaming at a monitor. I hate that I enjoy that game...

My wife loves Phasmo a lot, because we are watching a lot of Ghost Adventure YouTube series. I don't play it though, I prefer my single player games.

Voted for Dying Light 2 as it's the only one I've played and also enjoyed quite a lot. Ta :D

I was surprised to see Dying Light 2 taking the first place. I was thinking Scorn or The Quarry would be the leading ones. Very interesting. It will be on our Group Giveaway for October if that doesn't change by this Friday. Honestly really love the Dying Light 1 game and 2nd one, despite being buggy, it was a truly fun experience that beat the 1st one for bot me and my wife. I can't wait to return and finish the game.

I didn't consider it as horror as the other, but hey, people really wanna smash some zombie skulls! ๐Ÿ˜…

1 year ago

Halloween isn't really a thing where I'm from, so I mostly ignore it.

It's a good time to play Terraria from the start again though (which I intended to do anyway, since they released a new big update with new achievements). The naturally growing pumpkins from the Halloween event are really good in the early game.

1 year ago

Pretty easy to get the dryad pretty early and buy pumpkin seeds.

But I too am often inspired to do a replay of Terraria for the holidays months starting in October. I've already started, although not really ran into any new content yet. Only beat the eye, brain, and slime king so far, so perhaps the new content is later game stuff.

Do you not have harvest festivals where you live? Kinda the same as halloween really. It's just we Americans took it to a weird place, and heavy marketing has twisted it. Still all it's roots are in harvest season, and the change of life's pace. Makes sense to celebrate the dead at the same time as you contemplate the harvest of life.

1 year ago

I asked around and, no, we don't. Might be because harvest festivals are more of a Catholic thing while Bulgaria is Orthodox? I dunno, I'm not much of a traditions person.
The closest thing I can think of are Kukeri but they're completely unrelated and at a different time of the year.

1 year ago

Well that's quite interesting. Thanks for sharing a bit of your culture and perspective. Looks like Kukeri would be more similar to our Easter.

I kinda thought harvest festival celebrations were a universal thing, but just differed quite a bit depending on region.
Our Hallowern and Christmas have completely changed into nearly unrecognizable events compared to how I hear it was 100 years ago.

I personally don't like holidays, as it's an unending push to sell holidat themed cheap garbage for the next 3 months.
First it's Halloween, the Thanksgiving, then Christmas. With the Christmas promotions and decorations being put out before anything else, even when it's 3 months away!

Now I focus on holidays as an event to hang out with friend and family to have a good meal and chill time together.
Holidays are painfully hyped and wearying. Better when you just keep things simple with a cool group of people.

1 year ago*

Halloween isn't really a thing where I'm from, so I mostly ignore it.

Neither was for me, but that changed once I moved to UK. The 1st of September was considered the Day of the Dead and we would mostly honor our dead. It's a lot more simple and morbid than how it's celebrated in the West.

It's a good time to play Terraria from the start again though (which I intended to do anyway, since they released a new big update with new achievements). The naturally growing pumpkins from the Halloween event are really good in the early game.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Terrarria. I've not got much time to try and play it, neither Minecraft.

1 year ago

None of the above.

I'm gonna finish Darkwood, and try out Deadspace for the first time.

Also will probably replay The Walking Dead Telltale Series. Think i'm only missing one of them, but have only finished the first 2.
Deadlight would make for some good atmosphere that week as well.

1 year ago

None of the above.

I'm gonna finish Darkwood, and try out Deadspace for the first time.

Idk about Darkwood much, all I know you're in for a treat. Dead Space... ๐Ÿค๐Ÿป is chef's kiss. I really liked that one.

Also will probably replay The Walking Dead Telltale Series. Think i'm only missing one of them, but have only finished the first 2.

I've played first season of The Walking Dead before it was all placed as a big bundle. I really enjoyed it.

Oh that's a game I completely forgot. Great choice.

1 year ago

Playing backlog, so none of these :)
For the month or so:
At Play or Pay I have Dreadout, Darkwood and STASIS selected as horror games for realsies, and an extra STALKER which is just bleak and kind of terrifying.
I'm still very curious about (and afraid of) Dead Space, but it's kind of inevitable eventually :D
I've been thinking about Hellblade a lot recently as well.

1 year ago

Playing backlog, so none of these :)
For the month or so:
At Play or Pay I have Dreadout, Darkwood and STASIS selected as horror games for realsies, and an extra STALKER which is just bleak and kind of terrifying.

I have 2 Horror games listed too. Through the Woods is an dark, atmospheric and creepy Indie/AA game. I'm about to finish it and Bioshock Remastered. I know it's going to scare me at some parts, so I'm probably going to play it next after Through the Woods.

I'm still very curious about (and afraid of) Dead Space, but it's kind of inevitable eventually :D

I am not a Horror fan. I can tell you that I avoid them most of the time, but I am starting to play them more often. I don't like feeling scared or helpless. I twitch and make my desk move like a mf. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ But I am pushing through. I like some of them who have a decent vibe and I am more tolerant to 3rd Person Horror games. Dead Space is by far my favorite Horror Game. I highly recommend it as a non-horror type of gamer, not because it's not horror. It's hella scarry! I just loved the lore and Isaac Clarke, the main protagonist. I'm excited for the remake.

I've been thinking about Hellblade a lot recently as well.

Hellblade wasn't scary for me, but rather creepy. I really enjoyed the story. Very well done and looks great for a game that came a few years ago. I do wish the combat was better done.

1 year ago

i would absolutely LOVE to play SCORN +0+
i had been hyped for that game since the first time it released a video some years ago.. it was an undying small hype. and now that it exists, I wish i could afford it!
i have seen some gameplay of it, and honestly I am in love!

As for MAD:SON , I have seen it has too many jumpscares, I saw a whole letsplay on it, but to be honest is very hard to find a good horror game without the jumspcares.
they just stress me! they do not contribute in absolutely anything to the scary horror mood of a game. the best scares is stuff you can barely see on the corner of your eye for a split second.

a good example of actually scary enemies, is the white husk from The Mortuary Assistant, I think you might have played it, the game itself is quite 'Meh' once you have seen every single horror scene and now they are a burden instead of something cool, but the scares you can get from the husk they are AWESOME.
if only they could add a patch so you don't have to experience those several minutes long scenes over and over and over and over again. it's like 'dude, I want to get back to embalming let me play the game.'

I had been met with an alarmingly unexistang playlist for this scary month, and I am very sad for it. i had 'acquired' man of medan, however I realized my PC cannot run it. and I am so sad :c
I tried playing some indie games I had been eyeing for years and they either didn't work or were completely trash.. I'm sure if I could get my hands in SCORN (and if it can actually run on my PC) I would likely not touch any other game until I'm done with it -w-

(sorry for the wall of text)

1 year ago

i would absolutely LOVE to play SCORN +0+
i had been hyped for that game since the first time it released a video some years ago.. it was an undying small hype. and now that it exists, I wish i could afford it!
i have seen some gameplay of it, and honestly I am in love!

Do consider being part of our Steam Group then. We want to provide with great anticipated games and being part of a controlled group could help you get your hands on it easier.

As for MAD:SON , I have seen it has too many jumpscares, I saw a whole letsplay on it, but to be honest is very hard to find a good horror game without the jumspcares.
they just stress me! they do not contribute in absolutely anything to the scary horror mood of a game. the best scares is stuff you can barely see on the corner of your eye for a split second.

I know exactly what you mean. My wife, who is an absolute fan of the Horror genre said the same thing. She prefers a rather creepy toned game over a pure jump-scare type of game. I didn't know how MADiSON is like as I've only seen the review for the game with her. I am not the first to play horror games and even if I do, I'm preferring horror games where I can defend myself or where the character is in a third-person. That's because I tend to not believe in ghosts and I'm not very superstitious. In many cases, if a ghost or monster would try to scare me, I'd be scared, but want to defend myself, so instead of becoming the prey, I'd become the hunter.

a good example of actually scary enemies, is the white husk from The Mortuary Assistant, I think you might have played it, the game itself is quite 'Meh' once you have seen every single horror scene and now they are a burden instead of something cool, but the scares you can get from the husk they are AWESOME.
if only they could add a patch so you don't have to experience those several minutes long scenes over and over and over and over again. it's like 'dude, I want to get back to embalming let me play the game.'

I've not. I've barely played Horror games and they consist of a small percentage that I personally wanna play. My only 3 probably interests are Dead Space, Resident Evil (1-4) and The Evil Within. As you can tell, they are pretty much my style of horror games and among the 3, I've only played and finished Dead Space 1 & 2, which I've highly praised.

I had been met with an alarmingly unexistang playlist for this scary month, and I am very sad for it. i had 'acquired' man of medan, however I realized my PC cannot run it. and I am so sad :c
I tried playing some indie games I had been eyeing for years and they either didn't work or were completely trash.. I'm sure if I could get my hands in SCORN (and if it can actually run on my PC) I would likely not touch any other game until I'm done with it -w-

I've also got Man of Medan and Little Hope. I've only yet to get the 3rd one and the Devil in Me, which ties the 3 games together. As I've said, feel free to check above in the description to join the group and if you pass my check-ups, you'll be able to sign up for future games, which will include SCORN as I have been thinking to have it as our starting game for this October, but it seems that Dying Light 2 is a much more preferred choice.

(sorry for the wall of text)

Don't worry. I respond back to walls with my own set of walls. ๐Ÿ˜… I really appreciate when people take their time to reply and share their thoughts in the discussions I make.

1 year ago

alright, i have clicked join to join your group.
i might however never join the BALEO (I'm getting kinda paranoid with every single website knowing my login info x-x)
and the giveaways I do are always level 0 so my small group of followers can join

sadly it has gotten impossible to actually purchase things (and games), as it will not only cost the double of the thing's price plus the fees of the government, but the games will also be region locked to Argentina, which sucks massive b=lls
so only bundled things or trash from lootboy Is what i can give x-x

anyway, i have never really played /by myself/ any resident evil games, i did play in co op the campaign of the one that takes place in brazil.
but i have seen my bf, or brother, or random letsplayers play RE4 several times XD
and now that i think of it, i also played to almost the completion of the remake of RE2!
i am not sure if village and 7 also count as part of the main resident evil games, but i did enjoy 7. village was so-so imo...

you could perhaps check OUTLAST/whistleblower/2, but if i don't remember wrong, i think in the last chat we had with several walls of text you had played them already. i was thinking on perhaps replaying one in the sake of spooky month -w-

ugh i am still very sad that man of medan won't work for me x-x i was really wishing to play it!
realizing my PC is getting old just like me is not a good feeling ;w;'
specially with the price of everything increasing every minute >:,v

anyway, as always it was lovely to have a small chat with walls of texts, always love to talk to someone about games and rant a lot X3!
i wish you two the best, take care <3

1 year ago

i might however never join the BALEO (I'm getting kinda paranoid with every single website knowing my login info x-x)
and the giveaways I do are always level 0 so my small group of followers can join

That's fine. It isn't something mandatory to do. I've changed that to make things easier for everybody. There were mixed opinions. I appreciated anybody who did to be honest.

sadly it has gotten impossible to actually purchase things (and games), as it will not only cost the double of the thing's price plus the fees of the government, but the games will also be region locked to Argentina, which sucks massive b=lls
so only bundled things or trash from lootboy Is what i can give x-x

That shouldn't be a problem. I will be conducting anyway giveaways that aren't region locked unless I'm not aware of. I also want others to do the same if they ever consider giving away a game through our Group.

anyway, i have never really played /by myself/ any resident evil games, i did play in co op the campaign of the one that takes place in brazil.

Resident Evil 5... that's exactly the one I've played. It was nice, but it wasn't scary almost at all from what I recall.

you could perhaps check OUTLAST/whistleblower/2, but if i don't remember wrong, i think in the last chat we had with several walls of text you had played them already. i was thinking on perhaps replaying one in the sake of spooky month -w-

I've not played them. I think it might have been someone else? I am 100% aware of Outlast being a good one.

ugh i am still very sad that man of medan won't work for me x-x i was really wishing to play it!
realizing my PC is getting old just like me is not a good feeling ;w;'
specially with the price of everything increasing every minute >:,v

Do services like Geforce Now not allow you to play something more challenging for your PC? I think the only thing that could help gamers that struggle financially is a console or cloud gaming.

anyway, as always it was lovely to have a small chat with walls of texts, always love to talk to someone about games and rant a lot X3!
i wish you two the best, take care <3

Thank you, the pleasure was all mine, as always!

View attached image.
1 year ago

I don't really understand the concept behind Scorn. I have the same feeling about it I had about Agony. It has an interesting setting, but that will become boring very fast without some story or mystery that will make you go on after you got used to the visuals. We will see if it can show that plus that can keep you motivated playing after the first hour or so or it share the same fate as Agony and descend to mediocrity.

1 year ago

It's a game for the Bekzinski and Giger art fans, who stay 5 minutes front of a wall to watch all the details, but I understand that could disappoint a lot of ppl, me included if the game design does not keep up with the graphic work. That said, the demos seen months ago were promising and I really hope they made a good game since the time some gamers wait after

1 year ago

It was a very long time. I really hope it is at least at a decent 7-8/10 level of story and depth. Visually it's sure looks something else.

1 year ago

I've not played Agony, but I get what you mean. I hope that it doesn't suck as you said. I do find the world fascinating and unique and that's what sold me on it. I hope you're wrong on it and it proves to be a great game that can be remembered over decades.

1 year ago

The Quarry is my pick from the poll. While I was disappointed in Until Dawn, I'm still very much interested in the studio's ideas. The Quarry seems like a fun 'campy' horror in the same vein as classic horror movies so that would be a good one to experience during Halloween. However it is ridiculously expensive, so it's not happening this year for me but hopefully one year in the future, just need to avoid spoilers until the time comes!

Are you planning to make it a thing or are you not a Halloween/Horror type of person? ๐ŸŽƒ

I'm certainly a Halloween person, but I don't really 'do' much else than simply watch some horror movies and play horror games while eating some snacks. It's going to be the same plan this year as well, just haven't yet picked what movies/games will be part of that plan. Aesthetically I love all the events and such that take place during the holiday, but I'm unable to go to any.

1 year ago

The Quarry is my pick from the poll. While I was disappointed in Until Dawn, I'm still very much interested in the studio's ideas. The Quarry seems like a fun 'campy' horror in the same vein as classic horror movies so that would be a good one to experience during Halloween. However it is ridiculously expensive, so it's not happening this year for me but hopefully one year in the future, just need to avoid spoilers until the time comes!

We've thought that would be the winner and we've considered it for our first giveaway, but surprisingly it wasn't the same. I've spoken with my partner to delay the results until next week, so we can see which game will win and will be given away.

I'm certainly a Halloween person, but I don't really 'do' much else than simply watch some horror movies and play horror games while eating some snacks. It's going to be the same plan this year as well, just haven't yet picked what movies/games will be part of that plan. Aesthetically I love all the events and such that take place during the holiday, but I'm unable to go to any.

I see. I enjoy them, but I don't fully embrace the Halloween unless my group of friends invite me to it. I've partaken in one last year for the first time. I've never done a dress up and it was a really fun time. I've dressed up like a Gorilla in a Suit. It wasn't the most funniest gorilla you'd see. A lot of people praised the costume for being actually creepy. I thought it was really fun to do and I really enjoyed it, but I'd never do this by myself.

I'll play more horror themed games this month than I ever did as normally I avoided them.

1 year ago

The Quarry without any hesitation.

1 year ago

It's not the winning one, but it can change. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 year ago

Closed 3 months ago by Vasharal.