There, I said it. I know a lot of you don't agree.

I think people have too many points, and are entering giveaways of games which they are not even interested in. Thus, this results in a lot of redundant entries everywhere, reducing the winning chance of those few who only enter games that they really want to play.

This is especially true ever since contributor value was introduced, increasing the number of giveaways on the site as well as point regeneration.

I don't know, I just think people want to win for the sake of winning now. Not forgetting those who even regift/trade their wins.

Honestly 180-200P is just about enough if you ask me.

Edit: Haha, so much for a civil discussion eh? Yall have a good day too.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Most games I really want is worth 40-60 points, so for me, I don't want lower points as I'd only be able to enter about 4 giveaways a day (with 2000+ entries each). But during bundles, the regeneration of points could absolutely be slower.

1 decade ago

First world problems.

1 decade ago

ok

1 decade ago

300p is not that much. They are 2 fake 2K Collection giveaways only. :-)

1 decade ago

So true.

1 decade ago

+1 xD

1 decade ago

Currently the system is fine.
Actually, you won 16 times and you gave away 10. That needs fixing don't you think?
In other words, if everyone had kept a balance on wins/giveaways it could have been much better from decreasing the point cap or changing the system in general.

1 decade ago

Really? Do enlighten me on how that is relevant to anything at all.

1 decade ago

If everyone was a saint, we'd live in paradise. You're either naive, or just plain selfish and shortsighted. In any cause, you argue poorly.

1 decade ago

"If everyone was a saint, we'd live in paradise."
So true and apparently lolfarts can't understand... sigh.
You may call me naive but selfish by pointing the obvious? Thant's so unfair...
What about those selfish people leeching games once they gave away enough to reach a certain contribution level and that's it???

1 decade ago

Mate, you do realize that begedinnikola was actually replying to you and not me right?

"In other words, if everyone had kept a balance on wins/giveaways it could have been much better from decreasing the point cap or changing the system in general."

Something like that exists, and it's called trading. You don't seem to grasp the concept of gifting, and your point is still irrelevant to the topic.

Like he said, you argue poorly.

1 decade ago

My reply was to begedinnikola.
I'm not saying to have strict rules on that. It's up to you, me and everybody here...
Having a balance on that is different from "what you give is what you get"!
Obviously you do not like what I'm suggesting but I didn't expect anything else...

"Edit: Haha, so much for a civil discussion eh? Yall have a good day too."
So much for learning to accept other opinions eh? Have a nice day "lolfarts".

Btw that's the definition of a troll thread. No wonder why you run away in the end...

1 decade ago

At the moment I rarely use up 100 points even though I check all active giveaways. This is because of 2 factors. There is a small percentage of Steam games that is being given away, mostly the same titles over and over. From these I have won a lot that I want. I only go for games I want and mostly that cannot be purchased in retail. But before, I was able to use 300 twice a day. OK, the variety of gifts was greater some months ago.
In all I doubt any point changing will solve anything, unless if its a big change. What could help your issue a bit is limiting entries after you have won a giveaway. For example, you win a game, and then can't enter any giveaways for (5-7 days). But any giveaways you have entered prior to winning should still count for you, so you could technically still win in the cool-off period.

1 decade ago

Honestly XXXP-YYYP is just about enough if you ask me.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

1 decade ago

Just limit entries to 5 games a day and get rid of points altogether.

1 decade ago

Dont like something LEAVE the site.Create your own and make your own rules.

1 decade ago

Amen

1 decade ago

Thats not how user feedback works. Sites/software actually need opinions from users.

1 decade ago

Opinions yes, the same topic again and again nope.

1 decade ago

Yeah this is a great chance to be arses and rack up posts without saying anything meaningful.

SECRET'S OUT!

1 decade ago

Read this thread carefully and then you'll notice that my posts HAD a meaning afer all...
Btw who's the arse here? The one who disaggrees and dislikes threads like this one or those who do not pay enough attention in the forum in order to realize that similar threads come and go like a flu?

1 decade ago

Or let just ban bundle-games. That will stop massive point generation that happens from time to time.

1 decade ago

Nah, if I missed a bundle, I still want to be able to win the games.

1 decade ago

5 entries per day. That way people will only enter giveaways for games they REALLY want, not just for the green banner.

1 decade ago

Are you psychic , or your opinion is all people opinion ?

1 decade ago

When did he say that his opinion = everyone's opinion...?

1 decade ago

Why 5 entries not 4 , 6 , 3 and half?
"5 entries per day. That way people will only enter..."(how does he know what people enter)

1 decade ago

I'm sure cg will make an exception for you and grant you 3.5 entries a day where all the others get 5.

1 decade ago

Obviously he is psychic. I posted the same thing a few posts back and he posted it again obviously without looking at my post.

1 decade ago

Quite so. :D

1 decade ago

I agree.

1 decade ago

Its not about the top points you can have. 300 or 200 or 100 is the same thing. Its maybe wiser even to INCREASE current top. The problem is the RATE points increase. SG with same rate but 100 points will just mean that you have to login 10 times/day so you have time to spend all your points.

1 decade ago

For some people 300p isn't enough..for me it is, because I only enter some few I'd really like to play, though I mostly enter group giveaways, so the chance to win those I enter is much higher, but I think 300 is a good number of ponints ;)

1 decade ago

Oh look, it's this thread again.

1 decade ago

hahahaha

1 decade ago

What about giveaways with 150 entering fee?? like this one http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/zowCY/2k-collection. proberly they are as fake as justin biebers music but you get the point

1 decade ago

... and i hate value $30.00 in my Profil ... two games are not from bundle :)

1 decade ago

You must be proud for giving away more unlike the OP.

1 decade ago

I like the 5-10 entries per day idea

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

1 decade ago

How about users start with a 50 point cap and unlock up to 300 through a little contribution?

1 decade ago

Not a bad idea, but it further removes itself from the idea of gifting.

1 decade ago

How so and not the opposite, discourages people from always taking without giving?

The system's relation to an idea doesn't define it's fairness and effectiveness in making people happy.

Most specifically I'm suggesting that users achieve their full 300 points once their contribution breaks the bundle limit, which isn't difficult to do for anyone that gives a damn about others.

1 decade ago

Anyone who's really in love with the idea of contributors getting recognised for giving can go to GameMiner. It's also a good place for people who like to regift and trade wins, because it's allowed.

Personally I'm with HardeKak. Giving shouldn't be about status or being able to win more games.

1 decade ago

I think that this is a great idea.

1 decade ago

It doesn't matter how many points you have...I have 300 and I won only 2 times and only beta shit so...theres nothing to cry about

1 decade ago

that wasn't a question quasarballz. I don't think its a bad idea.

P.S. - That TuRRi21 makes me so mad. URRR. why you trolling on everyone. URRRR. so mad I am. :P

1 decade ago

Maybe I'm trolling on the OP (original poster) or OT (original troll) and not on everyone?

1 decade ago

who was the "OT"?

1 decade ago

Houston, we have a problem...

1 decade ago

:P

1 decade ago

I absolutely agree with you.

1 decade ago

Lowering points doesn't solve any of the problems mentioned.
"Not forgetting those who even regift/trade their wins." this is completely irrelevant to the discussion

1 decade ago

Agreed.

There will be always people who wont follow the rules and trade the games they won.

1 decade ago

Why does it matter if points are lowered? These are free games that everyone has a chance to win I doubt people would leave because there are a few less points than they used to have. I think it would help people enter more giveaways that they want and not just enter for the sake of entering.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by elyucaye.