The classic boasting thread and almost the only reason why we still keep buying games during those sales, right? ;)

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How much did you spend?

View Results
Nothing
< $10
< $25
< $50
< $100
< $200
More than $200
Spend? Ha, I actually earned me some potatoes!

Haven't spent a cent this winter sale. Not sure how this happened, but may have to do with my extraordinary backlog.

4 years ago

I got

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Clearly I'm ready for a drama this year

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

I spent too much this year.

I originally didn't want to spend anything, but then I hatched a plan:

I would sell a bunch of stuff on the Marketplace so I wouldn't have to spend a whole $30 out-of-pocket to get the $5 coupon from the Winter promotion.

But that didn't work. To my shock, dismay, and... some word that means it made me angry... it only counted the out-of-pocket money when determining how many tokens to give me. So, I gave in and spent just enough to get the coupon. So I spent $30, PLUS whatever was in my Steam wallet.

Then, being at a loss for what to get for $5, I used the coupon for something that cost much more than that. So overall, I spent MORE than $30 out-of-pocket, and I feel like crap about it.

Mostly I got DLCs I needed in order to get 100% achievements in certain games.

On one hand, I don't get to feel the sparkle of having some exciting new games, but on the other, at least I don't have to worry about not having certain DLCs I need.

4 years ago

300 euros just now, and even with that i did not got everything: golden profile, max badge and stickers...vv

4 years ago

I only bought couple of gifts (Doom, Undertale etc.). Nothing for myself. And since i was using wallet money no discount tokens for me :< Yes.

4 years ago

well, since my sister sometimes use my account she bought The Sims 3 bundle and EA Racing Pack, then it happened that my family bought me Cyberpunk 2077 as a Christmas gift. And finally I spent my money on: Wolfenstein" The Two Pack, Discolored & The Search (Buy together), Quern, Obduction and with final desire when I was sleepy (most easy to spent money) I got myself Zup-Zup! 0% DISCOUNT Bundle - I had Zup!1 to Zup!4 before, Valley in The Blue Isle Catalog, so it was even cheaper since I had 2 out of 3 titles, Alone in the Dark Anthology, Conarium, RAGE with DLC and finally it happened I layed my hands on Call of Cthulhu and Praey for the Gods.
So yeah, that was massive.

4 years ago

Mass Effect 1 & 2.
Didnt knew I was missing out this much

4 years ago

The Winter Sale gets me every year. I don't have an exact number... but I did get quite a few things from my wishlist, and a few nice inexpensive casual games from browsing that I wouldn't bother wishlisting.

Uhm, some highlights I guess is suitable:

A Plague Tale
Agatha Knife
Cat Lady - The Card Game
Cat Goes Fishing
Combat Cats
Dead By Daylight (w/ Yogcast coupon)
Disco Elysium
Ember
Final Fantasy VI
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
House Flipper
Islanders
Newfound Courage
VtM Coteries

4 years ago*

Not much, now with all the taxes, and screwed economy in Argentina, i cant afford that much

• The Evil Within
  • Blackwake
  • DmC
4 years ago

I wasn't expecting to spend much but GOG got me with their free games, I had to say thanks...

GOG £40 (some I had already on Steam but wanted as free DRM and to show support to the best gaming store out there)
Alan Wake
SteamWorld Dig
The Suffering
The Suffering: Ties That Bind
Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones
Samorost 2
Machinarium Collector's Edition
Botanicula
Primordia
Deponia Doomsday
Broforce
Call of Juarez
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Stories Untold
Beholder
Her Story
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Door Kickers
Candle
Ronin
The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Epic £18
Beyond: Two Souls
Heavy Rain
Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition

Green Man Gaming £9
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition
Hitman GO

Gamebillet £7
Assassin's Creed Rogue - Deluxe

Gamersgate £6
The Evil Within 2
Aven Colony DLC - Cerulean Vale

Steam £3.75
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

4 years ago

Nothing. I even paused my Humble subscription.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

I'm at the point where my backlog is huge so I just look out for great deals or something I reaaaaally reeeeally want, so I got these:

Grim Dawn
911 Operator
911 Operator - Special Resources - DLC
Poi
Poi - Soundtrack - DLC, I sampled it on YouTube beforehand, thought it was pretty decent
Willy-Nilly Knight
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Came down to this, and/or Parkasaurus. Settled on just Wolcen, 5 minutes before sale ended

4 years ago*

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, 3x. One for me, two given away. :)

4 years ago

I bought at Nuuvem with VPN:
Assetto Corsa (2,5€) to trade it for SoulCalibur IV to trade it for Dishonored 2.
Jurassic World Evolution (3,8€) to trade it for Prey.
Wolfenstein The Old Blood (2,8€) for myself
Wolfenstein The Old Blood (2,8€) to take part in a SG private group event (I won "The Witcher 3")
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (1,8€) for myself.
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (1,8€) to take part in a SG private group event (I won "DOOM" and "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY")

4 years ago

On Steam:

• Rayman Bundle (Rayman® Legends, Rayman® Origins, Rayman Raving Rabbids™) - emm, to show Ubisoft what I'm not interested in their "konveier" crappy battling open-world games?
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Anthology - finally got all of VH games with a great discount.
  • Grim Dawn - can't resist the price.
  • Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - bought as a part of bundle to complete the set of good CoJ games .
  • Halo: MCC Spartan Strike - just to support Microsoft's moves at PC railways.
  • Tacoma (as a part of The Fullbright Collection) - great price, too much money!
  • Cold Fear - emm, again, to show Ubisoft what I'm not interested in their "konveier" crappy battling open-world games? Also because of the fear of near future doubling of base price (as it was for Driver: Parallel Lines)...
  • Near Death - just some spontaneous purchase in the last minutes.
  • Saints Row: Gat out of Hell - I'm usually buying some Saints Row game at some winter sale. Now waiting for Agents of Mayhem in 2022.
    Total: $18.39

At other stores:

• Little Nightmares Complete Edition
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Silent Hill: Homecoming
    Total: $1.26

Total total: $19.65

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Augmented Steam tells me that only Rayman® Legends requires UPlay from my boughts.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.