Hi all,

I wanted to create this topic to highlight IBM's event "Master the Mainframe 2020".

Mainframe are those big computers who run many services but most people don't know about it.
Pundits have been doing predictions Mainframes are dinosaur heading for extinction at leasst for 20-25 years. And yet big companies like airlines and financial services companies continue to use them.

While the hardware (obviously) has drastically changed, the people working on them has aged.

IBM is aware of it and offers this course so people gets a glance and a quick guide on this technology.

Master the Mainframe is a fun way to get hands-on experience across a variety of technologies, to develop valuable skills, and to earn digital badges โ€“ with no prior knowledge required!

Part 1: Learn the basics of navigation, files and programs.
Part 2: Practice programming languages, operating systems and technologies.
Part 3: Participate in real-world challenges.
The Student Contest and the Learning System are available worldwide.

Of course, if I can be of any assistance, please contact me via steam.

https://www.ibm.com/it-infrastructure/z/education/master-the-mainframe

View attached image.
View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

...reserved...

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

I really don't want to click the link and maybe discover that now an IBM mainframe is a cluster of Lenovo PCs. I prefer to live on my memories in this topic.

3 years ago

I think we should go back to using the abacus ๐Ÿงฎ

โ€œ Worldโ€™s Largest Abacus โ€“ faster than a calculator and a little bit bigger than a busโ€

View attached image.
3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.