In the past, I did a couple of UFC prediction events 1 2. It's been a while, but time for another one!

This Saturday, January 19th, at 6:30pm ET - UFC Fight Night 143 will begin (prelims at 6:30pm, undercard starts 8pm, main card 10pm)
Countdown to preliminary fights

How to enter/Rules

• Use the formatted table below with a list of scheduled fights. Here's an example of a completed table from one of the previous event.
  • Choose a winner in ALL 13 FIGHTS
  • Choose the method by which they will win
    (KO=knockout, TKO =technical knockout, SUB=submission, or DEC=judges decision)
  • Post your predictions below
  • You can reply to your own submission to change it, but changes or submissions made after the scheduled start of the preliminary fights will not be counted
  • Last minute change of fighters or cancellations will mean that fight does not count in the contest (e.g Henry Cejudo can't fight and is replaced by another fighter, so the result of fight 13 will be ignored and the result will be based on the other predictions). I will try to keep on top of this and post any news as I find it.

Table

Fight Fighters Result
1. Kyle Stewart vs. Chance Rencountre Chance Rencountre SUB
2. Belal Muhammad vs. Geoff Neal Geoff Neal DEC
3. Dennis Bermudez vs. Te Edwards Dennis Bermudez DEC
4. Mario Bautista vs. Cory Sandhagen Cory Sandhagen SUB
5. Alonzo Menifield vs. Vinicius Moreira Alonzo Menifield TKO
6. Joanne Calderwood vs. Ariane Lipski Joanne Calderwood DEC
7. Donald Cerrone vs. Alexander Hernandez Donald Cerrone TKO
8. Glover Teixeira vs. Karl Roberson Glover Teixeira SUB
9. Paige VanZant vs. Rachael Ostovich Paige VanZant SUB
10. Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz Joseph Benavidez DEC
11. Gregor Gillespie vs. Yancy Medeiros Gregor Gillespie TKO
12. Greg Hardy vs. Allen Crowder Allen Crowder - Hardy disqualified
13. Henry Cejudo vs. T.J. Dillashaw Henry Cejudo TKO

Prizes

I will add the overall winner on Steam and send a game directly, so winning is based purely on your ability to predict the fights or luck in predicting them.

1. 1st place The person with the most correct predictions will receive a game from their wishlist (must have been added before 17/01/2019). If you have no wishlist or they're all expensive games, I'll contact you to work out another prize. Similar deal if multiple people get the same number of predictions and there's a tie for 1st. I'm not rich!
  2. Runner up Slight change from last time when I gave out a few keys. My library of bundle keys is running dry but hopefully I can still provide a couple of runner up gifts. I'll try and find something from your wishlist or games similar to ones you like. Worst case scenario, I'll create a private giveaway for people who entered.

How to Watch

Not a pay-per-view event this time. I think it's being broadcast on ESPN and ESPN+ in the U.S. If you want to check how to watch in your country, try this page and alter the country in the top right of the page.
You may be able to find another method of watching online, but I am not condoning or encouraging any kind of illegal activity!
Alternatively, soon after the event (or sometimes after each individual fight) you can probably see some of the highlights on sports news sites, or via clips and gifs on sites like the MMA subreddit.

Fingers crossed I haven't made any mistakes in this wall of text!

Updates

• One small mistake, that I think I made last time too. I planned to count KO and TKO as the same result and explained it that way in the Rules, but didn't alter the copy and paste table :(
    I'll leave them as separate results and have adjusted the rules to reflect this as people have specified KO and TKO in their predictions.
  • Fight 5 was listed as Vinicius Castro on the official UFC site but is actually Vinicius Moreira. Thanks to FateOfOne for pointing this out. The weigh in event confirmed the name. I'll change the came on the table. The same W/L ratio was listed for the incorrect name, but if this affects your predictions you have about 18 hours left to make change.
  • All fighters made weight, so looks like everything is on.
  • About 9 hours until the Prelim fights start.
    I'll check just before they begin and note down any new entries then leave a post to let everyone know changes and new entries won't be accepted past that time.
  • Entries are closed. I have recorded everyone's predictions in a spreadsheet, so no edits please! :)
    27 entries in total.

Competition Results

Results are in. I counted KO/TKO as the same result as it's not always clear and they seem to list both on the UFC website. There were no walkaway KOs, so they could have all been TKOs, but counting them as the same thing just makes everything easier (it was a mistake on my part listeing them as separate results in the instructions/table too). We have a clear winner wiLLie22 I'll be in touch soon!

Competitor Fight Winners chosen Perfect choices (winner & method) Correct method (wrong fighter)
wiLLie22 11 5 7
quijote3000 9 3 5
LamboSann 9 2 3
doublejack 8 4 6
FSpectro 8 3 6
cicchis0 8 2 6
Athostar 8 2 4
Tix007 7 4 6
Migle 7 3 4
Charlie22 7 2 5
Golwar 7 2 4
nemilho 7 1 4
DrTenma 6 5 7
Arcsurvivor 6 4 6
breadman 6 3 6
mugknight 6 1 3
KornKage 6 1 2
StraussVanDor 6 0 4
VivaKalman 5 4 5
FateOfOne 5 2 7
ArmadX 5 2 6
Captwookie 5 0 3
WilliamCZ 4 2 6
Tsukeman 4 1 4
sengda2000 4 1 3
MrCho 3 0 3
EpicKK 2 1 2
View attached image.
5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

About 9 hours until the Prelim fights start.
I'll check just before they begin and note down any new entries then leave a post to let everyone know changes and new entries won't be accepted past that time.

5 years ago

I wish it were on free TV. The only way I can watch it free (that I'm aware of) is to watch it in Spanish on ESPN Deportes.

5 years ago

Most pubs/bars show it where I live.
and Watch Wrestling hosts dubious live streams and replays ;-)

5 years ago

Table

Fight Predicted Winner Predicted Result
1. Kyle Stewart SUB
2. Geoff Neal TKO
3. Dennis Bermudez DEC
4. Cory Sandhagen TKO
5. Alonzo Menifield KO
6. Ariane Lipski KO
7. Donald Cerrone SUB
8. Glover Teixeira TKO
9. Rachael Ostovich SUB
10. Joseph Benavidez DEC
11. Gregor Gillespie TKO
12. Greg Hardy KO
13. T.J. Dillashaw KO
5 years ago

Thanks for the entry and good luck!

5 years ago

cicchis0
Fight winners - 8 (fights 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11)
Perfect choices - 2 (fights 3, 10)
Correct method - 6 (fights 1, 3, 9, 10, 11, 13)

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

I'm a huge UFC / MMA fan, and I was going to be watching today. Now I've got more reason to. :) This is an awesome giveaway idea, and thank you for your generosity.

1. Kyle Stewart TKO
  2. Geoff Neal KO
  3. Te Edwards TKO
  4. Cory Sandhagen SUB
  5. Alonzo Menifield TKO
  6. Ariane Lipski DEC
  7. Donald Cerrone SUB
  8. Glover Teixeira SUB
  9. Paige VanZant TKO
  10. Joseph Benavidez DEC
  11. Gregor Gillespie SUB
  12. Greg Hardy KO
  13. T.J. Dillashaw TKO
5 years ago

Hopefully your experience watching and familiarity will help with the predictions. I always think it's a difficult sport to predict, even though there are only a few possible outcomes. Thanks for the entry

5 years ago

Some of those fights did not go anything like I thought they would. It was a very entertaining card, though.

5 years ago

doublejack
Fight winners - 8 (fights 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Perfect choices - 4 (fights 4, 5, 8, 10)
Correct method - 6 (fights 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13)

5 years ago

Added you on steam, got something for you :)

5 years ago

Table

Fight Predicted Winner Predicted Result
1. Chance Rencountre DEC
2. Geoff Neal TKO
3. Dennis Bermudez DEC
4. Cory Sandhagen TKO
5. Alonzo Menifield KO
6. Ariane Lipski KO
7. Alexander Hernandez DEC
8. Glover Teixeira DEC
9. Paige VanZant TKO
10. Joseph Benavidez DEC
11. Gregor Gillespie SUB
12. Greg Hardy KO
13. T.J. Dillashaw TKO
5 years ago

Thanks for the entry :)

5 years ago

LamboSann
Fight winners - 9 (fights 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Perfect choices - 2 (fights 3, 10)
Correct method - 3 (fights 3, 10, 13)

5 years ago

Added you on steam, got something for you :)

5 years ago

thanks for the gift! awesome! much appreciated!

5 years ago

Only about 5 minutes to go, so I'm closing the entries now. I have recorded everyone's predictions in a spreadsheet, so no edits please! :)
27 entries in total!

5 years ago

Darn it I messed this. I always enjoy a good fight.

5 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by smythe.