Updated 12.7.16 with games list for those of you who want to see if there's anything that interests you before attempting the quiz :)

GA HAS ENDED

Introducing the "Blocktrain" with giveaways for level 0 and level 5!

Learning about the technology behind cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, is one of my interests. The thought occurred to me that an analogy can be made between a SteamGifts train and a blockchain. I also happen to have quite a few games to give away, so something like this to share knowledge and awareness about cryptocurrencies made sense!

There are many cryptocurrency projects that I am interested in, but I wanted to focus on one altcoin in particular (DASH). So the quiz contains several questions related to cryptocurrencies in general, and then several questions that are specific to DASH.

Game Level
Uncanny Valley x10 0
Pixel Piracy x10 0
Lucius II x10 0
MIND: Path to Thalamus x10 0
Particulars x10 0
Pineview Drive x10 0
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut x10 0
Zafehouse: Diaries x5 0
Back to the Future: The Game x2 0
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse x2 0
Poker Night at the Inventory x3 0
Poker Night 2 x3 0
Puzzle Agent x3 0
Puzzle Agent 2 x3 0
The Wolf Among Us x3 0
The Wolf Among Us x3 5
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People x3 0
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People x3 5
Jurassic Park: The Game x3 0
Jurassic Park: The Game x3 5
The Walking Dead x2 0
The Walking Dead x2 5
The Walking Dead: 400 Days x4 0
The Walking Dead: Season 2 x2 0
The Walking Dead: Season 2 x2 5
Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series x2 0
Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series x2 5
Tales from the Borderlands x2 0
Tales from the Borderlands x2 5
Undertale x1 0
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition x2 5
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt x1 0

The first train car is protected by a QUIZ and by SGTools (All wins activated, no multiple wins, no level requirement). Take the entrance exam to get your boarding ticket <<< HERE >>>

The quiz is intended to inform, not stump you! I know you can get through it.
Don't know the answer? Many of the answers can be found in this YouTube playlist: Dash School
Or, elsewhere online :)

Learn more about Bitcoin: bitcoin.org
BitcoinTalk forum: BitcoinTalk.org

Learn more about DASH: dash.org
DASH Nation chat on Slack: https://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

Enjoy the holidays!
OTR

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I just hope you don't turn out to be the owner of this website 'Bitcoin' 😹
Thanks will try the puzzle later I guess \o/

7 years ago

Bump for solved! :D

7 years ago

Holy Lime, I managed to solve it.
Bump.

7 years ago

I'm surprised how many of those I knew without looking them up.

7 years ago

I'm really bad at this p.p

7 years ago

aw didn't make it to top 10 ;_;

7 years ago

Bump :33

7 years ago

Never used bitcoin or anything.
Google was my friend, didn't see any of ur vids or sites <.< p.p

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

Awesome puzzle.
I have only tried Bitcoins, way too confusing :P

7 years ago

Thanks for a nice quiz with a chance to learn something new and maybe usefull. Have a bump;

7 years ago

All rightie - I even learned something about Dark Coin, aka DASH
And, yes, the end of your train rocks
Thanks !

7 years ago

bump!

7 years ago

Why Dash over other alt-coins?

7 years ago

Cause it's the altcoin that I know the most about and that most interests me, no other reason :) but I am hoping to raise some awareness for crypto in general too. There are a lot of good projects out there

7 years ago

Bump for awesome train....uh, blocktrain :D

7 years ago

Bump

7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

OK so I understood like 10% of all information that I just saw but still, I'm a bit wiser han a while ago so thanks

7 years ago

smarter, not wiser

7 years ago

What's the different?

7 years ago

Intelligence is knowing that Frankenstein was the doctor.

Wisdom is knowing that Frankenstein was the monster.

7 years ago

ho HO! It actually was a fantastic read, and I am not a heavy reader. Many implications about how humans should take responsibility for their impact in the world.

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

bump for solved :)

7 years ago

Bump!
stumped by question 8 for a bit :(

7 years ago

Same!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

7 years ago

Bump. Watched most of the Dash vids. interesting. But....

what happened to the 53 million dollars stolen from Dash? I see lots of reports of it happening and the scramble they were facing but no reports of the the aftermath and what happened.

7 years ago

I think you're referring to the flaw in the code for the Ethereum DAO (not Dash). It's actually really interesting because the network was split over whether to perform an emergency change to the code in order to prevent the hacker from cashing out the 50 mil, versus sticking with the principle that the "code is law" and that the DAO contract should be allowed to execute to its natural conclusion even though the hacker would be able to profit from it at the expense of many investors who didn't properly analyze what they were investing in. The difference of opinion was so severe that the Ethereum network has forked into two chains - one where the hacker is prevented from accessing his funds, and one where the code is unchanged (now known as ETH Classic). Both forks have gained some traction, but the ETH Classic only has 1/10 the market cap, so it looks like the code change is winning. Technically, the hacker could cash out on the classic chain at a fraction of the original price, but as far as I know the funds have not yet been moved.

7 years ago

I thought that was part of Dash. I may have misread or misunderstood it. I did read about the split but I admit I don't fully understand what that means or how its possible that they both exist at the same time. Either it was changed or it was not. If a true split then what about everyones money. It can't be duplicated and on both sets of code as that goes against the very concept of money. was it divided up with part being part of one blockchain and the rest as part of the new one. That also does not make sense to me.

Obviously my questions are from not knowing what they mean by a split. I'm likely asking the wrong things about it and making incorrect assumptions. I was unable to find any reports of what happened next. Did they recover the money or not? Is it still in some kind of limbo? From your comment I assume the hacker still has control of it at least sorta. Considering they had 27 days to fix it and they did this hard fork (whatever that truly means) and that was several months ago. What was the aftermath? Can you post some links that talk about that. I'm curious to see what happened in the end. That would likely help me to understand what happened in the first place as well.

All the news links I found where from a day after it happened. Nothing from a later time period that talked about the results.

And....... sigh..... why did I have to open your thread. Now I have to know more. lol.

7 years ago

Yeah it does look like there isn't a lot of news out there, but maybe that's because there hasn't been much else that has happened since. Maybe this article is a little informative on where things are now.
Dash did technically have the first "DAO", but it is not the same as what became known as "The DAO" which was an Ethereum based project where that hacker took advantage of a flaw in the code to take millions of dollars worth of funds.
When the network forked, there were some machines running the new version of the software where the funds could be recovered, and some computers running the old version of the software where the hacker has access. So when the split happened, there were instantly 2 tokens instead of one (everyone who owned 1ETH now owned 1ETH and 1ETC). I assume that since the value of ETH is still way up there (close to what ge original coin was worth), and ETC is only worth a little bit that the DAO investors were able to recover most of the value. I'm not entirely sure though. It was one big mess that's for sure!

7 years ago

Ya, the Dash tutorial videos had mentioned DAO and I saw the term on further searches. I did not realize when I posted that these were the same concepts but not the same groups being affected.

Thanks for the link. Its very interesting. I think I will set a reminder and revisit in a a few months and see if anything further has happened with this case. It looks like many of those involved are now ignoring it. That seems odd to me.

7 years ago

ETH fork looked a tragedy for me since Ethereum was promising in both ways of price and system before that event happened. It turned out that it was exploitable even on the right rule of the system. But as you said if ETH hasn't dropped its price drastically after that, it isn't seen as a bad event at large? I think new alt coins have to take on their test of time as Bitcoin did before widely used.

7 years ago

I just got to know about block, thanks!

I learned few things from the DASH school, thanks to you.

Also Q8 seems to have three different answer?

Edit : nvm i solved :D

Also did you guys know about titcoin? :P

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Cryptobump.

7 years ago

Actually had to do an assignment on bitcoin in college a few years back, when it was still completely new. Never thought that knowledge would ever come in handy again. It's good to be wrong sometimes.

Thank you for the blocktrain!

7 years ago

Bump and meow. Interesting and informative. Thanks!

7 years ago

bump!

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.