Comment has been collapsed.

You can close a topic.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago*

Well the version they are giving away on Epic is the inferior version BS (it's marked as "base game") so it's even the triple shaft.

2 years ago

Epic always had the base game though

2 years ago

everyone who activated the Epic version

who would do that?

2 years ago

Sweeney and his mother.

2 years ago

For all the people who got the game from Humble Choice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXLicO0CRvk

2 years ago

the only game i've paid for among my countless games on epic... rip

2 years ago

You got the full game when you paid for it. This is the BS version.

2 years ago

At least on Epic you can upgrade, on Steam you've got no option. Right now you can get the expansions (+ free base game = ultimate edition) for 7.49

2 years ago

That's pretty much what you got it for if you bought the Season Pass when it was on sale on Humble as well.
It's still an inferior unpatched version.

2 years ago

I know. the steam base version plus the season pass is not the same as the ultimate edition but that's okay with me. since i have the DLCs and the game on steam i am happy. I didn't want to revoke the steam key bought on humble just to save money. meanwhile ray tracing doesn't interest me

2 years ago*

Tbh, I'd be totally fine with it too if it was patched. I don't care about playing offline but I do mind that one of the stories in the DLC pass can't be completed because it's bugged and they won't fix it. When you buy a game these days you expect them to fix their bugs and glitches, it's a minimum requirement.
Hopefully they'll patch that version for those who bought the DLC separately. That only seems fair;

2 years ago

Many devs don't care about the consumers, even the ones you see that do, are mostly doing it because the game is played completely online or mostly online, so they have to fix it or else they lose revenue and no one will buy the title in the future, like fallout 76 and how people warned others off not to buy it until it gets patched enough times so it becomes playable. honestly the gaming market which used to be an artistic market has become just another business oriented market , they don't care about proper support , or the consumers, there was a time devs would make a game so good you would be left with a blown mind, remember when half-life came out? or bioshock? or deadspace? resident evil 4? farcry 3 ? just cause? then most of them ended up milking the franchise for money, like farcry , RE, and many others , there are games that have serious bugs that go back to 2010 even and they still ask you for money when they haven't fixed game breaking bugs after 10 damn years

2 years ago

ah you can't complete a DLC story because it is buggy? I didn't know this. so i wasted my money buying DLCs separately?. this bug is been fixed into the Ultimate edition?. this is a rip off :(

2 years ago

Apparently that's the case on both the Epic and Steam "base game" edition + DLC. But yes it was patched in the Ultimate so I'd agree that's total BS. But then maybe with more people getting the "base" edition and bitching about it, that'll be fixed. Fingers crossed;

2 years ago

I love Epic giveaways, it encourages people to dont buy games there in fear of having them be given away for free later.

2 years ago

+1

2 years ago

A+ Business strategy plan... gotta give it to em!

2 years ago

I hate them , I Personally haven't seen epic put the DLCs on discount , so you get a game for free, but you have to pay 30$ for the three DLCs while you can buy its deluxe on steam or other stores, activating on steam, for 15$ or 20$, now which ones better?

2 years ago

The DLCs (including the Season Pass) are all half off on EGS until the 17th.

2 years ago

I don't know , I don't check epic, I don't even use any of these games they give away for free, I have claimed them, but their system has a flaw , or at least had a flaw back when I tried using it, see first of all it used almost 4 times the traffic it should have , what do I mean? the game was 28 GBs , I downloaded it , the launcher downloaded around 90 GBs , but in the end the game was 28 GBs after the download, not to mention that horrible speed while downloading, so I would prefer any store to epic, It has no Cart , no wallet, no achievements , nothing special compared to the other stores , also i have a couple of price alert websites setup for games, not once I have seen epic have any discount on the DLCs , or at least any good discounts , so even if that would mean the game and the DLCs would cost me 15 $ like my example , I personally would still prefer any other store with the same 15$ price for the whole deluxe version

2 years ago

Yeah ... I'm gonna go buy Tony Hawk 1 + 2 now. Peace out.

2 years ago

don't get me wrong it's my oppinion, i'm not saying you should not , this was just to express my oppinion , and BTW if you like buying when games go on discount use this site , it offers tracking and supports quite a few reliable stores (under the official stores section)
hope it helps you

https://www.GG.deals

2 years ago

i keep the steam version with all the two DLCs taken on humble bundle and i'm not complaining. I already knew that the DLCs did not give them away. the steam version is still better than the epic one. it has the achievements and the remote play functions

2 years ago

The way I see it, there will be even more people bitching now that the Humbled version should get the DLC for free.

2 years ago

Lmao my friend purchased the epic version when subscribing to Humble Choice back then while i already told him it's probably going to be "free" anyway sooner or later, he must be pissed now..
Reason why he chose the Epic version? It's because he is always playing on Epic platform lately since they gave away World War Z.

2 years ago

Well he paid for the full version and the free one is the Humbled version.

2 years ago

505 Games & Humble Bundle has done a great job of screwing people over. Humble is starting to make it their hobby. Those that redeemed on Epic have to be fuming right about now.

2 years ago

oooh you've been a long time purchaser of our bundles, fuck you pay full price! oooh you must be new here take 70% off. and they wonder why people have soo many acccounts.
half a year to get a key from them when one of them didnt work in a bundle

2 years ago

Oh, you want to give away the stuff you already have after years of buying these bundles. No NOT ALLOWED! We will ban you if you do that...

2 years ago

ur kidding lmao

2 years ago

It's like codemaster's raccing games. never take it at a price cause they give them for free later.

2 years ago

That never happend with TOCA Race Driver 3, Colin McRae Dirt 1-2, Fuel, F1 2010, F1 2013, Colin McRae Rally (PC-port from mobile) and GRID Autosport, which were overall better than all of their other freebies.

2 years ago*

View attached image.
2 years ago

Nice Pizza Cake! hahaha

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU'RE WELCOME!!!!!!

2 years ago

for people that dont get the joke https://youtu.be/MvRHgN2JEUk

2 years ago

You'are right.

2 years ago

Happy cake day!

2 years ago

Thx!

2 years ago

🎂🍰

View attached image.
2 years ago

Thx!

2 years ago

Great job EpicGames. Another wonderful game for free again. Thanks!😀

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

I just wonder if they had this in plan when all the clusterfuck of events happened when they messed around with base game and removing DLCs .....

2 years ago

It's the exact same version that was in the Humble Monthly so I think it's just 505 being 505

2 years ago

This is a freebie I've been waiting for, I suspected it was coming at some point and now it's finally here, way sooner than I expected tho.

2 years ago

You didn't already get it in the Humble monthly?

2 years ago

Who pays for monthly in current year?

2 years ago

Judging by the giveaways, still quite a few people. And it was back when some had the 6 bucks bundle so it really was cheap.
Not much of a deal when you see some of the bundles but still very cheap.

2 years ago

I haven't bought a monthly in years, and last time I bought a bundle at all was last year. It's hard to justify buying bundles for me when my backlog has gotten so large, I still buy stuff during the Steam sales because it's so cheap and I can just sell cards and the like so it feels like it's free.

2 years ago

Ugh. I know exactly what you mean! I have so many games to play, most of which I really really want to play.
Even all the while I wasn't working for cause of 2020, I maxed out at 6-7 games a month so it's hard to justify getting bundles.
I have been pausing for so long, Humble probably figured I left the planet.

2 years ago

This should be a lesson to everyone: never buy anything.

2 years ago

I do not agree. if no one buys anything, developers may even stop making games. you have to buy in the right place: steam and boycott those who do not give you good services

2 years ago*

Basically stop buying AAA games because the bigger studios are a-holes who exploit their devs and take their customers for chumps?

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

For sure. And don't pre-order. Ever.

2 years ago

If everyone did that, we wouldn't have any new games ever. Enjoy your backlog then, for the rest of your life. ^^

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

I buy where I get good prices. Steam is not always that place. I agree with your first argument, though. This whole notion of regretting a purchase, just because the game got free at a later point, seems pretty silly.to me. I bought Control when it was new for full price and don't regret anything. Why would I?

2 years ago

Me ::Sweating Nervously:: after buying BandaiNamco HB Bundle.

View attached image.
2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

It's probably bia...tch.🐕 😜

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

😆

2 years ago

xD

View attached image.
2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Yep, when you buy or sell something, you become slaves to governments.

Governments tax the content creator and government tax the consumer, as if buying and selling something is an offence, while the governments and the religious institutions don't have to work even a little bit for anything, because they have the printing press to print all the money they want.

Nonetheless, the content creators too deserve something in return. Their work should not go unrewarded.

Digital social barter is one option. Everyone will contribute towards the requirement of society and the work is valued on the basis of contribution and everyone will take the things they need from the aggregate of all resources.

There will be no theft, no slavery and no richness or poverty, everyone will be happy (except those who take pleasure in pain of others).

2 years ago

buy your games on steam then wait for freebies on epic

2 years ago

This thread proves to me....gamers will always find something to complain about.

2 years ago

Haters gonna hate xD

2 years ago

gamers people will always find something to complain about.

2 years ago

Yuuuup

View attached image.
2 years ago

since you dont get the HB version, then dont complain about us who do (i assume you dont since you really DONT KNOW ANYTHING!!!)
who are you to say that???

I BOUGHT THE GAME BUT 505 SCREW ME (and most of us who BOUGHT the game)
I AM PAID COSTUMER and HB+505 had shady dealing!!! 505 even remove DLC on steam
and i can't complain??

1st they call it control ultimate edition, but its NOT. fine
2nd 505 remove DLC. effin shit, still manageable
3rd, this
4th i can't complain??? i'm not pirating, i'm paying costumer!!!

2 years ago*

Thank you. You just proved my point. Also, I own Control on both Epic and also the HB steam version. It's a great game and totally worth what I paid. Live life. Be happy and be thankful for what you have.

2 years ago

sure...
you should also said those casual gamer, ie kids
they wont complaint like us who actually pay
at most is just cursing in cod

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Yeah and 505 is back at it with the "base game" BS on Epic too now. It's the Humbled version.
People who bought the game on Epic, don't feel too bad. You still got a better version.

2 years ago*

"Want To Believe", The X-Files

HB has an insider contact in EGS who knew that Control will be given away for free? :D

HB took a step ahead and pooled the strings with 505 to sell DLCs for BS version, but on both gaming platforms

2 years ago

Haha
Yeah I wouldn't put it past IGN considering the stuff they pulled in the past.
"Trust No One" ;)

2 years ago

back at it with the "base game" BS on Epic too now

no, that's how it always was there. Only on Steam they started with ultimate only.

2 years ago

But they were not selling it anymore.

2 years ago

It's ok to give away the base game for free in hope that people buy the DLCs if they like it.
It's basically what all F2P games are doing. ;-)

2 years ago

It's all good if it's a working version. If it's the same as Steam, the DLC are bugged.

2 years ago

I think this is cool. I would still prefer to have it on Steam, but to essentially get the Ultimate Edition for $7.50 (since the season pass is on sale right now) isn't all that bad. I want to read up on the expansions since I don't know if they're worthwhile or skipable, but either way, nice freebie.

2 years ago

Pretty much the same as getting it through the Humble Bundle though. And it's still an inferior version to the Complete Edition.

2 years ago

I know that the steam base version plus the season pass is not the same as the ultimate edition but that's okay with me. since i have the DLCs and the game on steam i am happy. I didn't want to revoke the steam key bought on Humble just to save money. meanwhile ray tracing doesn't interest me

2 years ago

Average game.

2 years ago

why would they called themself 505?
they clearly 404 on consumer satisfaction, they even screw us big time
it's only this 1 game though, but sooner or later there's gonna be more and more and then there's YT video

2 years ago

I'm guessing the developer had some say in all this shit, surely?
If I was a dev, I'd hate for people to start throwing crap without being in a situation to resolve the issue.

2 years ago

Just a reminder that you can still unlock all the preorder bonuses and PS4 exclusive content following this guide:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Control#Unlock\_PlayStation\_4\_DLC

2 years ago

I bought it back in the days, one of the most deceiving games of my gamer career. I'm one of the guys for whom the game looks like shit, with ugly and blurry graphics, poor textures that look like a 90's game. I tried the unofficial mods, nothing fixes it, I ended uninstalling the thing. And I have a decent computer :)
Well, for free it's worth a try of course, but I'm curious how many of use have this problem.

2 years ago

I think the game has forced TAA, try to apply some sharpening to counter the blur. I am using Nvidia sharpening at 20% and its a bit better.

You can also try ReShade, there a variety of sharpening methods there, LumaSharpen, SmartSharp, AdaptiveSharpen, DELC Shapen, etc

2 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I may give another try one of these days. I don't feel like seeing the same game when I see screenshots from reviews: empty walls with almost no decorations, textures made for 640*480 screens, etc. I have to dig the matter again I guess :)

2 years ago

I actually cried out WTF when I saw the freebie this week. I'd just bought Control on Steam like 2 weeks ago thinking no way would that be the title they give away as one of the hidden ones this month. At least I got the DLCs I guess LOL

2 years ago

If they give out metro exodus, I'll be afraid to buy any more humble choices.

2 years ago

thanks Epic they gave me over 150 games for free and many are great games...Steam in 16 years gave me Left 4 dead 2 and some A games...if they only add a good chat system and a forum, steam will be in great danger.

2 years ago

they should also add achievements, family sharing, workshop and remote play. epic has practically no function. some games on epic are then impossible to play online because epic servers are bad. steam anyway beats it in terms of functions and services

2 years ago*

most of those i can be without wioth no problem... what make difference is a true working chat and a forum...other crap like curator, workshop,etc only loading the server and no steam servers are far from perfect expecially market\inventory..anyway Epic gave me for free so many good game that as an unemployed i never get...Steam...i was on Steam on day one cuz i needed it to activate my Half Life copy and apart ofleft 4 dead 2 and a few little game (but were dev \publisher offer) never gave me anything...p.s. i played multiplayer games quite well both world war z and remnant coop

2 years ago

Andd that's why I work on my backlog and never buy full price. Feels like every game is just gonna be given away eventually. I did get the steam version of control though from HB because of the $6 coupon, but I gave it away to a friend for his b day lmao.

2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by Myklex.