Go to https://projectstream.google.com/aco/signup for a chance to play AC Odyssey as part of a beta test for Google's Project Stream. Acceptance to the beta test is not 100% guaranteed.

Requirements:
For U.S. residents who are 17 or older
A computer with reliable internet access (we'll test it for you)
A controller or mouse & keyboard to play
A Google Account, a Ubisoft account, and Chrome

Important part of the Terms and Conditions:

"Free Content. Subject to the terms, your access and use of Project Stream and the Game is free of charge. The Publisher may provide you with free credits which you may use for in-game transactions, subject to any Publisher terms. Some features of the Game may be limited or unavailable during your use of Project Stream. For example, you will not be able to make purchases for in-game content or in-game items other than with the free credits, if any, with which you have been provided. Additionally, we may limit the number of people who can play the Game through Project Stream at any one time."

Finally, the minimum download speed for network requirement is 15 M/s, latency should be less than 40ms to achieve good stream-gaming experience. Saves and game progression are not saved after the January deadline.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/9ovh2s/google_project_stream_assassins_creed_odyssey/

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

"Google Project Stream" thread was up a couple weeks ago, and I got a "You're in!" email last night due to that thread. (I'd link the thread, but I'm on the SG mobile app at the moment.)

Thank you for the reminder though -- hopefully others will get emails soon too! I'm on cheap DSL, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes... (my connection streams video at 720p perfectly, 1080p does okay, and video game lag is acceptable/passable for MOBA style games or Rocket League, but unacceptable for shooters or fighting games).

5 years ago

I'm not interesting in paying a monthly service fee to retain access to and stream games. I for one will never embrace this method of consuming video games. It's already bad enough dealing with DRM and streaming is just another step up for them to handcuff you. Not to mention all the things that get lost in the process, like mods & custom content (which have yielded some of the best gaming experiences for me), full ability to tweak your game as you see fit, etc. I hope it dies like OnLive.

5 years ago

I got in and played a bit last night. The quality seems to be based off your internet connection instead of graphics card since the graphics kept getting worse when my internet was acting up.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.