Hey guys, I want to donate 5 steam keys of games that I already have. But I don't know what games they are. When I put the key on my Steam it was suppose to show me the game name, but only appears a connection error. Help me please. Cause I only want to help you :V

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Assuming you have already restarted your Steam/PC or even internet connection, I suggest to try again tomorrow as this may happen sometimes.

3 years ago

Usually when you already have a game and you try to redeem it the "product already owned" appears and after you click the finish button it will open up another pop up window to install the given game.
Right now I tried to do the same and I'm getting a connection time out error as well... I guess that's a temp problem and you may retry later.

3 years ago

Some games don't show the install option via client. In this case you might try to redeem them via steam webpage - the response to the ajax request sent when attempting to register a game contains the name

Edit: On most browsers it's F12 -> networking tab

3 years ago

As an aside: generally when you don't know what a key is for, it's safer not to do a giveaway for it in the chance the key has in fact already been used. You only get so many giveaway slots, and if you squander them by having to delete giveaways because the key didn't work (each giveaway deleted, you lose a slot), then you can't do any more giveaways (unless support decides to give you more slots).

3 years ago

How do you tell which gamecode belongs to which game?

Also in my humble opinion this doesn't belong into game showcase. I would move this to help (click on the green button top right).

3 years ago

What Mayanaise said is right. Also posting the key in the Orphan Keys Thread is a good alternative if you just want to be generous and don't care about CV and levels and those crazy things :D

3 years ago

Try this link and not the client:
[](https://store.steampowered.com/account/registerkey)

3 years ago

Archi's Steam Farm app can tell you the name of the games but if you don't have it it's a bit of work to setup initially.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.