According to the announcement

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse#announcements

-People will be notified at 5pm EST (2pm PST)

-US Only (cue the international complaints lol)

Good luck to all of you in being chosen. I dont expect to be, but damn, I'm hopeful.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

It's the aperture labs xD

Disappointed to learn that it is US only....

BUT that means one thing: steam OS (and home streaming) is closer than I though.

1 decade ago

You know I filled out the form for the beta and yet... I still don't give a shit. Welp moving on, all aboard!

1 decade ago

To all people who are in other countries i am sorry you will not be able to join this, even though i live in the US i still find this unfair to the rest of the world

1 decade ago

Gaben, I am disappoint

1 decade ago

I think that people complaining are missing the point. This isn't a promotional contest where however many randomly selected people get a free console. This is a beta test. This whole thing is for Valve's benefit, not that of a bunch of randomly selected users. The purpose of this beta test is just that: to test their product. If something makes it easier for Valve to test their product (like not shipping internationally) then of course they will (and should) do so.

1 decade ago

They should have noticed before creating false hopes all over the world that not shipping internationally would make it easier.

1 decade ago

I think you have no clue what you are talking about. If they stated "US only" before letting everybody sign up for the test you would be right. Now they break the agreement I had with them (sign up -> give data -> have a CHANCE to be in beta). Do I care? No.. I just care about the ignorance of people defending Valve here..

1 decade ago

You make the mistake of thinking this is a transaction, where you test something for Valve and they owe you something (the console, the use of the console, however you want to look at it). It isn't. This is essentially Valve saying, "Hey, we need someone to test these consoles. Anyone feel like doing that?" Sure, the console might be yours forever, but that is not explicitly stated anywhere and as I remember, Steam retains the rights to take it back whenever and for whatever reason they want.

It doesn't matter if they changed their mind the second before they selected the winners. They are not taking something back from you. They are simply saying, "Hey, thanks for offering but we actually don't need your help anymore."

1 decade ago

Now Steam will give all of our info to NSA. :/

1 decade ago

NSA already has all your info.

1 decade ago

I would be thinking about buying one if they make one in Portal 2 Design ^^

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 months ago.

1 decade ago

Winners may enjoy that ugly controller and the eye & hand pain associated with it.

1 decade ago

but it looks very nice ???

1 decade ago

Not really.

1 decade ago

so u tried it out already? how awesome!!

1 decade ago

Nothing spectacular.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Screw you US getting your hands on a lovely Steam Machine first. not jealous..............jealous really

1 decade ago

Cheers from Europe ! ;p

1 decade ago

The announcement made laugh. "Difficult decision..." - best part.
With Steam's regard for consumer rights, I do not find myself surprised.

1 decade ago

I don't imagine it being that hard to have Canadian testers...

1 decade ago

US only...
Oh well, no worries. We Aussies will just get a dingo to steal one of valves Steam Machine prototypes for us.

If a dingo can steal a baby, a dingo can steal a Steam Machine.

1 decade ago

But package contains small parts - there is choking hazard... So train your dingo well...

1 decade ago

Already have PC with Linux - does it means i am participant? :D

1 decade ago

That sucks, but everyone already knew they had only the tiniest chance of being drawn in the first place. This kind of thing isn't unusual, and while it would have been nice to know from the start, this at least offered people the chance to get the badge.

Nothing remotely worth getting belligerent about.
Another fine example of the lowest element in a fandom flipping it's shit, while the rest just shrug.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by BahDerb.