No its not a game, but neither is your security.
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/bitdefender-total-security

I usually renew for around $35.98 on sale. So it was a no-brainer for me.
I already have Bitdefender Total Security (5 Devices) and I was able to extend my current subscription with this...twice
730 days of protection for under $40 is not bad...not bad at all.

UPDATE:
The same deal and more is available on Newegg.
https://www.newegg.com/BitDefender/BrandStore/ID-8088

5 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What is your preferred Antivirus software?

View Results
None: I just shoot anything that moves
None: Viruses have rights just like everyone else
I love when Malwarebytes
So I Bit-my-defender
Now Windows is my new Defender
One McAfee please
Potato forever

Cannot be activated in Chile

5 months ago

Buying an AV is truly one of the dumbest things one can do, unless you're an 80 year old grandma.

5 months ago

I guess I am an 80 year old grandma.

I have been using computers since 1992 and antivirus since Dr Solomons.
Heed the advice of this grandma and pick one. Or at least back up your important files to the cloud. Some cloud storage scan you files for free...I guess they have grandmas working there also.

5 months ago*

Well, Windows Defender is free and it's good enough....

5 months ago

This, if you're just daily browsing Windows Defender is good enough for 99% of cases, and if you're looking at dangerous sites then you should already know basic security practices, or you're just looking for trouble.

5 months ago

You don't have to be browsing anymore to get infected. If your computer has an internet connection you are a sitting duck for IP address spoofing, dns tunneling and zero-day exploits. To name a few.
New Windows computers come with a free antivirus trial. That should tell you something.

5 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

5 months ago

$20 is less than the price of a good lunch or a AA game. Multiply that by 50 and that's $1000 in 50 years. Wow, they must be making a fortune.
Even at a price of $35.98, its still less than the price of a AAA game. In 50 years, that's $1,799. Less than the price of an RTX 4090.

In the end its your data. Do with it what you will.

5 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

5 months ago

so true... one of the ads in SG has some kind of malware/phishing popup to it. I can't pinpoint which one but I got it appeared the other day and some other user reported seeing something too. That's when I signed up again for a supporter. no ads. :-)

5 months ago

+1

5 months ago

It's okay, but it definitely has some glaring issues compared to others. The detection rate for malware isn't that good, the protection against zero day threats is pretty bad, and it's a lot more resource hungry than a lot of others out there. That's just 3 things I mentioned off the top of my head. Microsoft Defender is better than Windows Defender and still has the issues I've mentioned.

There's way better 3rd party programs that are free that I would recommend over Windows Defender.

5 months ago

Would rather pay for 5 years in 1 device.

5 months ago

Same

5 months ago

Very good offer.
I recently renewed my Bitdefender Internet Security license and a few days later Fanatical made this offer. :(

5 months ago

😔

5 months ago

Cant you stack them? I recently did it with an other type of software, that license is now running till like 2028 or so

5 months ago

I don't know. Does it also apply to different versions of the product? I have a license for Internet Security not for Total Security

5 months ago

My suggestion is to contact support from the service and ask the questions.

I had once with a service that I found a promo code and had the question if the 1 year would start counting from the moment of activation or that the 1 year would be added to my remaining time at that time. They where nice enough to give me a personal code that was better then the promo. Wont say something similar will happen but at least you should get answer to the questions.

5 months ago

Yes you can stack them. But it has to be exactly the same.

5 months ago

So if I buy a two-year license for my Internet Security Suite now, it will be added to my current one by extending it till 2026?

5 months ago

Yes, after entering your key you will get two options. Choose the extend one.

5 months ago

👍

5 months ago

I prefer using the well known security through obscurity and use Linux.

5 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

5 months ago*

lmfao

5 months ago

The same deal (5 devices, 1 year ) is on Newegg for $18.99

I might opt for 2 years, 3 devices for $30

I prefer the older version of Avast's Free AV/Firewall, as it also has a built-in sandbox.

5 months ago

Nice find! It also comes with a coupon that brings it down to $17.
You can also grab the 2 years, 10 devices for $30 after coupon.

The coupon expires on Dec 4, 23:59 PST. So another 32 hours if I'm not mistaken.

I do wonder if you can share your account with friends, as I don't have that many devices. That would make it even more enticing.
Normally I use Avira, but I'm seriously considering this option. The antivirus tests for Bitdefender are very good.

Edit: info on sharing an account:
https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/94684/sharing-subscription-with-family-members-any-explanation

5 months ago*

You can definitely share. Just share out the password so they can download the install package.... or you can create the install package and share it out to them that way. I have the family plan and share it out with family members.

5 months ago

Great find. Thanks for sharing. Added.

5 months ago

The Fanatical deal ended.

5 months ago

AVG/ Avast is currently involved in a class action lawsuit for selling millions of users information that used the Avast AV or browser extension between 2015 and 2020.

https://nltimes.nl/2023/07/07/class-action-lawsuit-antivirus-firm-selling-data-millions-dutch-people

5 months ago*

I know, but they stopped that practice, and have since consistently been one of the best. I do not care for the layout of the new avast One Essentials, comapred to the older (2021? purple) Avast Free layout. The new interface has more details (nice) but fewer options (not as nice).

5 months ago

Yeah they stopped selling information in 2020. You mentioned you had an old account so I thought it would be worth bringing up to you.

5 months ago

Thank you. They perhaps harvested my account, as I've used it during that time period. I did not use the browser extension.

5 months ago

my preferred antivirus is adblockers

5 months ago

FYI, in the UK this appears as £74.99. So I guess it's only you Yanks who get the big deal.

5 months ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

5 months ago

maybe the sale is over
its 97 Euro for me in Austria.

5 months ago

Yeah, the sale ended already.

5 months ago