A few days ago I used a coupon to get a bacon & cheese quarter pounder from McDonald's for $2 and won The Maw from the peel-off thing on it. When I checked the odds of winning, it turns out that they're surprisingly high (see section 6 here). It looks like there's a 100% chance to win something, with a 25% chance of it being The Maw, 25% chance of it being Ms. Splosion Man, and 10% chance of it being Aqua.

PS It was delicious.

Edit: It looks like this is only available in the US.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Are those 3 games decent? AKA are they worth it? I don't normally eat at McDonald's but if I have a good chance to win a decent game I might go there a few times for lunch this week.

1 decade ago

Ms. Splosion Man and The Maw are both great games.

1 decade ago

Imho MAW is a pretty cool game

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Is the contest only going on in the United States?

1 decade ago

It looks like it, I'll add a note to the OP.

1 decade ago

so you can win a game from buying Royale with Cheese&Bacon but nothing from getting le Big Mac? Pardon my french but that's BS.

1 decade ago

There's no such promotion here in Portugal, unfortunately

1 decade ago

This is nice. Too bad I don't have a XBOX.

1 decade ago

All 3 games are on Steam, which makes the Xbox 360 versions obsolete. Not to mention the fact that Microsoft abandons anything that doesn't fill their pockets with enough money. Xbox Live for Xbox 360 won't exist within a few years. Once your 360 hard drive goes, you'll lose everything that was downloaded from Xbox Live. In other words, Xbox is a temporary platform. Microsoft isn't the type of company to give things away although they did start giving 2 free games a month as long as you have a $60 a year Xbox Live Gold account. Most of the free games are very old and/or not very good though.

Anyway, Ms. Splosion Man is great, I have it on 360 and Steam. Don't care much for the other two but they aren't bad games.

1 decade ago

Yea the games with gold are pretty crappy. I've only downloaded Fable 3 (Huge Fable fan but this one is just meh) AC2 (Great game but pretty old) Magic the gathering 2013 (HUGE MTG fan but was hoping more of M14. Would have bought the DLC if it was M14). Halo 3 and Gears of War 1 are great games but along with every other 360 user I already have these games. They're 360 exclusives and are staples of the 360. If you own a 360 you most likely own these games so it's really stupid how these are the Games with Gold games. Still waiting for something really nice. Wouldn't mind Fallout 3 since my disc broke.

1 decade ago

I believe MS said support for 360 will be around for another five years at least. So, yes, it is "obsolete" since the next gen consoles are out; however, there is support for the systems for awhile. I don't have an XB1, but I'd assume you could download digital purchases on that still? Someone with an XB1 will need to confirm that though.... I do know it isn't backwards compatible, but I thought that was for physical copies (discs) of games.

If not, then that sucks. Glad I only buy things on sale and under 5 bucks. This is exactly why the console push, MS tried, for digital games backfired imo. Try to be like Steam, but without the perks. GG MS.

1 decade ago

Exactly, if they went for the push to be like steam including the pros instead of nothing but cons, it would have worked.

1 decade ago

Which is why you wanna own more local multiplayer or single-player games. Plus, once you download the game from XBL to your HD, you can play it offline. Heck, disconnect your Xbox from the internet forever, and it'll stay there. So really, it's just being smart.

1 decade ago

would love to get ms splosion man xD but I don't live in US
MC'D! Y U NO MAKE IT GLOBAL!!!?

1 decade ago

Hmm... McDonalds makes US only offer. Valve makes US only offer. :Tin Foil Hat mode: That explains GabeN!!!111oneoneone

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

1 decade ago

Was going to redeem then i remembered that I already own it lol.

1 decade ago

I dunno how the hell a code lasted 2 hours on this site, but thanks!

1 decade ago

Cool! It would be nice to finally play Ms. Splosion man! :)

1 decade ago

I have an extra Ms. splosion man willing to trade for a aqua or a xbox video copy of the woverine

1 decade ago

great, you should go to steamtrades.com then instead of posting here :)

1 decade ago

and you should shutup mind your own beezwax

1 decade ago

No need to be rude. The rules of this site state that no trades are to be requested/made on steamgifts. That's what steamtrades is for. So go to the proper forum or risk getting suspended.

1 decade ago

Hi! I wanted to let you know that because of your rude reply I reported you from trading :)

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

1 decade ago

Grabbed it. Thanks!

1 decade ago

I found one of those little things on the floor at my school. Un-used promo code for Ms. Splosion Man. Waiting for my serial to arrive

1 decade ago

I have an extra copy of The Maw, but I haven't gotten Ms. Splosion Man. My local McDonald's keeps forgetting to stick the peel-offs on the things that are supposed to have them (I've gotten screwed out of 3 so far).

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by kirbman101.