source
steam store

Steam Free Weekend
Start: 12PM CT on Thursday 7/20
End: 3PM CT on Sunday 07/23

What is the DOOM Free Trial Weekend?
The free weekend is a great time to get hands on with one of the biggest games of 2016. You can play the first two Campaign levels and all of DOOM Multiplayer and SnapMap. The full game can be unlocked.

Is all the DLC free with Update 6.66?
Yes, the multiplayer DLC is now bundled into the core DOOM game for free, producing the definitive DOOM experience. All of the DLC maps, weapons, armor sets and demons will be available for all players to enjoy.

Poll is broken, only first two Campaign levels available during free weekend 😭 but you can play all of Snapmap 🌷

giveaway 😝

Game Level Giveaway link
Highschool Possession 5+ /2JFnt/
6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Good news?

View Results
i bought season pass, duck you bethesda!!!
yay, all dlc's now free!
I'm going finish solo-campaign on free weekend =)
not interesting ;_;
potatoe option

Also, Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine is a free weekend this weekend as well.

6 years ago

Thanks

6 years ago

Holy shit I actually might be able to find someone to play with in that game.

6 years ago

Says you can only play the first two campaign levels, but your poll option is for finishing the solo campaign.

6 years ago

i'm not good in poll and i can't edit it 😭 thanks for notice 🍬

6 years ago

No one can. It's an old system.

6 years ago

Can someone tell me what the first two campaign levels means...how long are they and is it worth it to download it just for that.
I don't think I will get into the MP. And I will buy the game at some point for the SP campaign...but still too expensive for me

6 years ago

first two levels, The UAC (this is the intro map) and Resource Operations.
i spent over 3 hours in both maps exploring and unlocking all secrets/collectibles. if you rush them it's probably ~1 hour gameplay.

6 years ago

thanks for the reply...I guess I'll just wait until its cheaper and then play the campaign in one go xD

6 years ago

its now cheaper without discount, when i boudht it with 50% discount :( and still not played yet :\
but free dlc \ no season pass is good news ;)

6 years ago

Happy cake-day!!!

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

if you play in hard which I recommend

yep always play shooters on hard....at least xD
I think I will wait for a big discount and buy it then...thanks for the advice

6 years ago

You really should´ve picked it up at 15 bucks, it´s worth every penny of that.
Once i learned bethesda had lowered their prices prior to steam sale instead of raising them the buy was set in stone :D

Rip & Tear!

6 years ago

I guess it will be 15$ during the free weekend...so maybe I will xD
and the soundtrack is just kickass...still have this one in my playlist xD

very close second

6 years ago

Some fine user remade E1M1 in SnapMap with all the bells and whistles, sounds, music ... i was glowing with joy!

One more reason to try the Free Weekend :)

6 years ago

You should buy the game for both, playing as the demons in MP is fun as fuck.

6 years ago

Really sucks for anyone who bought the season pass, though I imagine this will probably increase the multiplayer presence on the game which may be nice for those who like it.

6 years ago

How can you not like it? Control points that move, playable demons, hilarious taunts, etc.

6 years ago

Some people just aren't fond of multiplayer, especially way later than they bought the game for the single player campaign, simple as that.

6 years ago

you aren't allowed to dislike mp!

6 years ago

Feels like a waste of money.

6 years ago

If one likes the single player enough, then there is no need to play with random jerks over the internet to "make it worth" :)

6 years ago

pity it's all multiplayer trash, but at least the base game is excellent in sp.
couldn't have hurt to add some extra maps or weapons/upgrades though.

6 years ago

Multiplayer isn't trash, you get to play as a frickin demon.

6 years ago

That's the worst part of the mode.

6 years ago

How can that be true when its so fun to tear apart the opposition who missed their chance?

6 years ago

+1000

6 years ago

Didn't they have a demo already? Doesn't seem too different than that besides multiplayer.

6 years ago

Well, MP bombed hard, so makes sense they'd want more players.

I believe demo is first mission only, so it's bit longer. But makes sense they don't want you to complete it for free.

6 years ago

Not gonna bother for two levels.

6 years ago

But snapmap is totally for free, try it dude, it's free, it's good.

6 years ago

It's an amazing game, but the single player aspect is much stronger than the MP. For two levels, it's not worth it.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

6 years ago

Denuvo devs? No thanks. I'll buy it when it's on Humble and then allocate all the money to the site and charity.

6 years ago

They removed Denuvo long time ago ;)

Edit: Denuvo Protection under fire - Gets Removed From Doom In case you want a source

6 years ago*

I know, but I still cant support publishers/devs that use it.

6 years ago

I don't follow. You won't buy a game from a publisher or developer who at some point used DRM?

6 years ago

That's exactly right.

6 years ago

Huh, that's a bit odd but ok. So you just won't buy their games but you are willing to play them?

6 years ago

I'd play them if I got them here or bought them on Humble Bundle.

6 years ago

So you don't use Steam? Or is it just one DRM in particular?

6 years ago

I have a problem with unreasonably intrusive DRM, and compared to Denuvo Steam can hardly be called DRM at all.

6 years ago

It's a matter of implementation. Denuvo can be done as annoying as the devs want to make it.

6 years ago

It's possible, though the last I heard no one actually knows how Denuvo works exactly.

6 years ago

Then you should google it. There are quite a few articles both by the press and posts by the people who crack it.
Obviously, no one is going to explain it "exactly", that's the whole point of the system, but if you understand some cryptology you can get an idea of how it works.

6 years ago

Bethesda has never bundled their games and you might as well pirate it if you're not willing to pay your publishers for your games.

6 years ago

Good point. Or I might win it on SteamGifts :P

6 years ago

While I'm not for DRM I accept that they have the same right to protect your product.I don't get this hate for them because of DRM but have no issue with using the product for free.If I feel the DRM they are using is that horrible I will not buy or play the game.That is how you do a proper boycott.

You proceed to hide behind DRM as the cause for not purchasing it but have no issue with getting and using said product if it had or still uses Denuvo as long as it's free.So they don't deserve your money due to the DRM they use but still will still use the product if it is free.Nothing like a double standard.I think I have spotted a cheapskate in the wild wearing the DRM disguises

I'm just saying if they don't deserve your money or support you don't deserve to play it.

6 years ago

Non-sequiturs throughout. Denuvo DRM is only one of the reasons I don't purchase their products - more often than not, companies that use Denuvo employ a host of other abhorrent business practices as well.
I don't concern myself with what they "deserve", the bottom line is they behave a certain way and I wont endorse that with my money.
As for the cheapskate comment, I have to admit, I had quite a good laugh. A more random and nonsensical thing I havent been called in a long time. Why on earth would I buy any games at all if this was about me being a cheapskate? And "hiding behind DRM"? What? Hiding from who? Random Internet people who wouldnt even know I dont buy Denuvo games if I didnt tell them? Are you serious with these objections? I really cant tell, they sort of sound like a joke buy I've yet to find the humor in them.
And as for your childish parallels of who deserves what, if I own a legally obtained copy - I "deserve" to play it, case closed.

6 years ago

Great News, was thinking about buying the DLC

6 years ago

Translation:
"Nobody was buying the season pass as Doom 4's multiplayer was infamously dead right from the start. So we decided to just sacrifice the entire current player base by completely turning them against us with resetting all their hours of work put into the game and them paying money for the DLC packs (at least that three people who actually bought them), but we hope the large glaring FREE tag will finally get some players before we introduce the micro-transaction system. Ain't we swell?"
On the plus side, the single-player content is still better than fifty console shooter put together. :D

6 years ago*

It wasn't dead at start though, it was plenty alive for a while but with as any other game, it died down due to lack of content updates.

6 years ago

Was there no story DLC?

6 years ago

Nor any plan to ever be one. Thank the gods. The campaign has great replay value, good speedrun value, good challenge runs value, and it only forces you to sit through two longer cut-scenes without glitches. Adding anything should only be done through entire expansions—preferably standalone ones—or maybe sequels. Although Doom in the 21st century is not exactly known for having sequels. :)

6 years ago

Yeah.
I was wrongly under the impression that there was a small expansion DLC about the robot.

6 years ago

Guess youre not interested in the game to not know that.

6 years ago

55gb is too much for my shitty internet

6 years ago

Oh god, really?
I'd be leaving my connection on overnight for at least a week :s

6 years ago

and the 22 free GB on my SSD

6 years ago

Thank you for the heads up Mihey3Z! :-)

That's nice of them, the only DLC I had was the pre-order one.

6 years ago

I don't have 35GB of HDD space to install this..

6 years ago

Too much to install.
I still want the game (since turns out I can actually run it), but the huge install isn't worth the only two levels...

6 years ago*

You get more than just those two levels.

6 years ago

Are they official levels or Snapmap? Because while it's better than nothing, it's not better than campaign maps. I want to play DOOM, not DOOM's custom levels.

6 years ago

Snapmap and multiplayer. First off, theres 0 wrong things with custom levels as long as their done good, Brutal Doom has fantastic custom campaigns and levels so please dont hate and try them. It can or cant be better than the campaign but the campaign isnt anything godlike, its overrated. Youl still play Doom regardless, dont be silly.

6 years ago

I think I have solved your problem download less ram :)

Sadly that is the norm these days to force you to download content regardless if you will use it or not.They should have some kind of option to only download the single player/co-op section of it.It would be a god send in the future for when games online portion dies out.

Hell just to play Mafia III that has no online I have to download DLC that I don't own and don't plan on unless it goes super cheap just more wasted space.

6 years ago

Note: It says you can play all of Snapmap! Which is a HUUGE ammount of very good playermade content, and Co-op (which is even better!!!) 🤗

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

Seems like they wanna create some hype before QuakeCon next month :>...

6 years ago

Day One pre-order DLC is still exclusive right? I mean ... everyone received those 3 DLCs but not pre-order bonus right?

6 years ago

I bought a physical copy but not the DLC. So, yay, DLC is now free! :)

6 years ago

Very good campaign. never cared for the multilayer

6 years ago

You should had, you would have enjoyed playing as demons and testing your skills against other Marines.

6 years ago

Same here. Campaign was one of the best fps shooter campaigns ever made.

6 years ago

It would be nice if they had released campaign dlc instead of multilayer

6 years ago

I am glad that id managed to push against that idea and they released the entire campaign as a whole. We have enough games with removed campaign elements added back later as DLC.

6 years ago

i meant extra content as dlc, i dont have problem paying for that type of dlc

6 years ago

Why pay when the same thing is pretty much free thanks to the snapmap levels, campaigns and whatnot? Some are easily professional quality and they last as long as you want.

6 years ago

everything i found on snapmap was weak generic and boring. snapmap was a disappointment for me, a great opportunity lost

6 years ago

You weren't looking hard enough for the good stuff, nor did you try the fun multiplayer modes, didn't you ever want to play as the freaking baron of hell?

6 years ago

you got me intrigued , i may revisit the game, unfortunately none of my friends have it so i cant try the multiplayer(i play only with friends).

6 years ago

Good, because obviously the good stuff can be hidden by the crap you mentioned. Yes you can try the multiplayer, you dont need friends, you dont need such pointless enchor to drag you down, no offense but you need to drop that tendency of playing only with friends, it holds you back and makes no sense, if it turns out to be fun, you'l thank me.

6 years ago

Word!

6 years ago

No, multiplayer is good, they should had released both. The plot is so little, they won't cut the sequel into chunks and sell them to you now, that won't happen.

6 years ago

There gonna be a discount as well, I guess. Hmm.

6 years ago

When games goes free people gets mad hahaha.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/379720/discussions/

6 years ago

There are actually some sane people there as well :)

6 years ago

Just checked reviews section - some ppl left negative review cause update size :O

6 years ago

On one hand even thought the DLC is now free it would've been good to leave it as DLC so that people could choose not to download it, on the other hand though I can see why they didn't do this as the whole point of the update seems to be increasing the playerbase and allowing people to skip DLC would keep the playerbase fragmented.

6 years ago

This is great news. I wanted the Season Pass but never wanted to shell out the money for it. It's great to have the content, now. Now I can finally go back and get all the achievements that were formerly locked behind DLC. :)

6 years ago

Haha same here, was quite pissed at how much of the achievements were locked behind DLC -_-.

6 years ago

Well, at least for me download some extra 35Gb for content i dont use is not funny, but i apreciate the "unlock" of those MP DLCs, that IMO shoulb be FREE or bundle in the base game from day-0.
Will be great that Bethesda give us some DLCs for the single player camping too.

6 years ago

They won't, story is almost non existent, if they did do that, they wouldn't have a sequel to sell, so they gotta keep it for the sequel, can't cut it and sell it now.

6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by Mihey3Z.