6 months ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Same price as in the summer sale when I bought it.

6 months ago

Already have it.

6 months ago

How does this one rate compared to the other mainline entries? Anyone around here played it?

6 months ago

It's good. It all depends on what nostalgia you have for the older ones, most likely you will like those more. But SS4 is not bad at all in my opinion. It can be very fast paced, and at some point you will have huge amounts of enemies. Visuals are great, and bosses are nuts as always. Don't get into this thinking it will be a huge innovation because it's more of the same. However, they did improve the visuals, there are way more enemies on the screen at once. And there's also an expansion, I didn't play that one, but it's on gamepass. SS4 is not there though.

6 months ago

Thanks for your thoughts! I enjoyed the first two way back when, but was never able to get into 3. Not sure the gameplay is entirely my cup of tea these days, but willing to add to my backlog if the price is right.

6 months ago

Well I will say this, it's more like 3 than the others. But at this price it's worth a shot and if you dislike it, you can refund in 2 hours. So there are no risks and who knows, you might like it.

6 months ago

I've played them all, and it's hard to say. It's nice visually (but I think 3 is still pretty too) but the Legion System was overhyped and lackluster. Siberian Mayhem is better (and for me it ran smoother too), and I'm not sure I'd say 4 is better than 3, but it's still good and worth checking it out. But Second Encounter is still the best, haha.

6 months ago

Thanks! Definitely considering it now. Drowning in backlog though....

6 months ago

I had fun, the combat feels great, but I think it's the weakest in the series in terms of level design.

6 months ago

Poorly optimized

6 months ago

Waiting for it to hit Humble Choice.

6 months ago

Don’t think so.. Already been in HB bundle in full collection of am not mistaken πŸ™‚.

6 months ago

Did the devs ever go back and finish making this game? I remember the one huge map where you're on a motorcycle and there's like nothing in the map.

6 months ago

No, and also they abandoned the fusion version as well, SS4 is the worst of the series

6 months ago

Yep. I wonder why they gave up on this game

6 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.