So I've recently been getting a lot of random adds for my copy of Wolfenstein 2009 in my inventory that I bought a long while ago and haven't gotten around to activating yet (massive backlog). So after getting so many offers and lowballs by normal standards ($5 sale price) I thought something was fishy and looked it up. *shock, it's been removed from the store. No dang wonder I've been getting adds, and now it's apparent I've been getting suuuuuper low balled (sharks gonna shark).

So now the question. Should I activate it (is it a good game?) or sell/trade it (some stupid prices I'm seeing b/c it's removed $50+)?

Maybe a small token gibway here later.

TL;DR
Good game or dump it?

Edit to be clear, I'm not soliciting offers so be careful what you post as someone might report it as begging or trading.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i would trade my mom for that :D

1 decade ago

Does she redeem on steam? :p

1 decade ago

Actually, I think she does.
Found her!

1 decade ago

Damn, I already have a copy of her on my account. :/

1 decade ago

No trading.

1 decade ago

It's an alright game, but you can get like, thirty or forty dollars for it if you trade. It's worth the five sale price, but it's nowhere near good enough to be worth thirty bucks.

1 decade ago

It's not a matter of how good or bad it is. It's supply and demand among collectors.

1 decade ago

activate it, it's not the best game, but it isn't really bad if you like the franchise :P

1 decade ago

But you might get someone you really want/like in trades/value by trading it.

1 decade ago

its a decent game

i would trade it to me for my binding of isaac tbh ;)

1 decade ago

I would pay around 10$ to get this one tbh. I loved it.

I think its more than a decent game :)

1 decade ago

That's not scamming, that's sharking. People (not just you) overuse and misuse the term "scam".

That aside, I would say whether you activate or not totally depends on your interest in the game and how much of a collector you are (in general, or in regards to the Wolfenstein franchise). I personally would activate it since I love Wolfenstein (it was one of the first games I remember playing on PC) and since I'm a bit of a collector, though I would absolutely play it.

Good luck.

1 decade ago

Fix'd :p

1 decade ago

Ill trade Death Rally for it.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

1 decade ago

It's not a scam. Just because it's not on the store doesn't make it valuable. There's plenty of games that've been removed from the store that are worthless. Again, not in store does not equal "gonna get rich". Lots of people think it does. Doesn't. That copy of Ghostbusters won't net someone 100 bucks, nor will that Wolfenstein be worth anything amazing. Games like that are worth what people want to pay for them, and frankly given that every other digital distributor on the internet will likely offer said game for sale, there's really no value in the Steam version at all.

Why would you pay some schmuck the $100 asking price for some removed game, when you can bounce over to GMG or any other site of that nature and pay 4.99-9.99 for it?

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

1 decade ago

Cuz you can't? Retail keys won't activate and there are no more copies on stores. Maybe a drm free one might though. But yes it's only worth what someone will pay but it does appear that it's pretty decent for this particular game.

1 decade ago

Uh, yes you can? Steam no longer has Ghostbusters. Amazon sells it digitally. So you can't put it on steam. So what?

1 decade ago

Well since you're not really paying attention to the conversation, you actually just stated the point but not what you think: because its not steam. That's why ppl value those games.

If I can get a cheap non steam copy hell yeah I'm trading it.

1 decade ago

Thats.Not.How.It.Works.

People want it on steam, people want to collect. Simple as that.

1 decade ago

I think it looks quite bad. Only sharing my opinion, haven't played it thought ಠ_ಠ.

1 decade ago

Yeah, It looks bad to me too, I'd probably prefer Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

1 decade ago

Yeah I have a hard copy of that one and loved it.

1 decade ago

Yeah same, I just lost it at some point, so I had to buy the steam copy :P

1 decade ago

Thats the best one ;p

1 decade ago

Keep and sell in 100 years for a billion dollars.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

The game is so so. Better trade it. I traded one myself for a very good trade.

1 decade ago

I've traded one copy for 10 TF2 keys (a few months ago).

I doubt that you can get more then the old "regular" store price of $20, unless you find a really really desperate collector.

1 decade ago

Not really. Cities XL Limited, which was on sale for about 3-4 bucks MANY times and only got removed from store very recently can go for 20$ in trade value pretty easy.

1 decade ago

That's too bad. I am pretty sure you can pretty easily get a buds for it. You might even get more.

1 decade ago

If you want to trade it, don't sell for less than 50-60$. Removed games tend to be fairly valuable. Even more so if it had few sales/was unpopular so not a lot of people have it.

It's no Stalin Vs. Martins, but still pretty valuable.

1 decade ago

I still have a gift copy of Mafia, got offered $20 for it before

1 decade ago

And that's not even on the high end for that one.

1 decade ago

Damn they took out Mafia too? Should not have activated mine.

1 decade ago

I sold my copy for 49 euro.

1 decade ago

Redeem it for yourself just to spite those autistic game collectors

1 decade ago

Autistic? Can you define what you think this word means and how you're trying to use it?

1 decade ago

Use your imagination

1 decade ago

The game itself is mediocre at best and there is no advantage of having it on steam besides seeing your playtime on it. I would trade it and get a cheap non-steam version if you really wanna play it.

1 decade ago

I played the Demo of it at one point, and if it reflects any bit on the actual game, it's not worth keeping IMO.

1 decade ago

It's okay!
You don't miss anything, when you trade it, but you won't regret activating it either.

1 decade ago

It's not that great a game if you ask me. Way too disconnected from the previous game and it's atmosphere. I would re-deem it for yourself because $15 (instead of your estimated $50), is probably the absolute max you could get for it. If you're lucky.

1 decade ago

Absolutely wrong.

There are countless people that would snap Wolfenstein up for $30, and a fair number that will pay more. If you are patient, at all, you can get $60+ for it.

1 decade ago

O_O

1 decade ago

I heard people were offering several earbuds for it, which would amount to your $50 or more. Personally, I'd probably claim it for myself. Steam trading isn't even worth it. I have threads on strades and get constant lowballs on anything I post. No one will offer you what it's actually worth.

I have played Wolfenstein 2009 and it's fun and interesting. Didn't beat it, but it's good enough for a playthrough. Cool weapons and Nazis.

1 decade ago

I agree with your estimated value of it (as I've noted elsewhere in this thread), but I disagree with your opinion about Steam Trades. Yes, there are a LOT of lowballers on there, but if you are patient you can get a fair deal. There are, a lot of highballers too though.

1 decade ago

Now if only steam would implement selling tradable copies :P

1 decade ago

Maybe if there's a new fullprice AAA title you would buy anyway, you could try to trade it for that. I tried the game back then and it was average. Not worth its trading value imho.

1 decade ago

I've seen people offer upto 100$ for it, 150$+ for NWN. It is quite rare and in demand

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Delorian.