For at least a few months there hasn't been any games below 0.49 in the weeklong deals. I used to always go and buy anything under 50 cents that had trading cards. Does anyone know if Steam rules changed so dev's can't set their prices that low anymore or something?

What the dealio?

EDIT: I'm talking USD.

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

There are games below 0.49 every week, somehow you aren't searching right.
Bought Lemurzin for 0.29.

8 years ago

So clicking weeklong and sort by lowest is wrong? I even just searched the entire steam catalog at lowest price and the lowest is 0.49. Lemurzin shows up as 0.59 for me. I'm talking USD.

8 years ago

Well no that is correct, was thinking more of something maybe messed up some cache in your browser.

I am talking euro though, not sure how that translated to dollars, but yeah there hasn't been (much) stuff that is much lower, like uncrowded was at 10 cents awhile ago.
As someone else pointing out in a reply here below. there isn't much cheaper lately then 0.59 USD for you.

8 years ago

http://store.steampowered.com/app/351490/

That's the first entry, should show up for you.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

8 years ago

There are currently 35 games under 0,49€ on steam. But do you actually get your investment back through selling trading cards? As far as I can tell, most of them will net you about 0,2€, and that's before steam takes its cut.

8 years ago*

I've done it once when a game with trading cards went on sale for $0.19 and it dropped 7 cards.
But it's too much work for too little profit

8 years ago

Wonder how much profit that's left on that after you've payed the electric bills. Can't imagine it being worth it at all.

8 years ago

Fully agree, also taking the time into account needed to sell everything off. That's why I don't idle anything at all.

8 years ago

sort by lowest price

View attached image.
8 years ago

What's the point on buying such games? You'll never get your money back, even on the 24 cent deals.
There used to be a bunch of games costing 0,09€-0,19€ every week, those would get you your money back, but these deals don't happen anymore. Probably Steam instituted a fixed minimum cut for each sale or something of the sort.

8 years ago

Point was I was essentially getting a game for under a dime. And it inflated my catalog with crappy games.

8 years ago

Inflate your catalog with the many free games then, or try Tremorgames.

8 years ago

That would be logical. Since they take percentage, indie devs, especially the shadier ones could just set the price to 9-17 cents and add 7-15 cards, so card farming will be lucrative and they get their fixed 15% cut from the market. If Steam implements a system like the grey market (I think 30 cents + percentage minimum), they could cut this back a lot.

8 years ago

That is indeed the case (0.49 USD, 0.22 €); I assume:

a) payment transaction fees (PP easily eats $0.30)
b) anti-shitgame-just-for-cards measure, Uncrowded likely won't sell for more than $0.10

8 years ago*

I think steam implemented a minimum price. Or changed the ratio on the lower priced games. Basically they can sell their games for less than $0.49 but they would either make no money off the sale, or possibly owe valve some change effectively actually losing money on each sale. Which is why I think all the people who make shit games to sell cards now just give their games away.

8 years ago

Yeah, for last several months the cheapest games on steam are USD $0.49. However, other stores may still sell steam keys for less than that. (Indiegala store, etc.)

8 years ago

afaik, $0.49 is a minimum dictated by Steam. So if you discount it to $0.48 or less, it will get automatically removed from sale.

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.