Hi guys, I am finally going to pursue in upgrading my PC! But I need a little help please... I already have a 24" BenQ gaming monitor ready for the build, it's just a case of getting the parts now. Ok so this is the likelihood of the system:

• Case: Zalman Z9 Plus Tower Case with Fan Controller (I like the look of this and it's the perfect size to fit my closed cabinet)

• PSU: Unsure of what to get? I currently have a OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W, but that will have to stay in the system it's in (the wife wants the PC for her own use, Cod 4 & Sims etc). So what decent PSU 600w or higher should i go for with reliability and quietness? perhaps a Corsair 2013 Edition Gamer Series GS 600W?

• Motherboard: Help!!! What is best value? Asus Z87 plus?...I would pay upto £125 for it, but the lesser the price the better. Most would be USB3.0 these days and Sli/Crossfire supported etc.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz

• CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO? - Any help on a decent reliable cooler I can get? No more than £50 or so.

• RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB, Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB? or any recommendations?

• GPU: GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 - I would pay around £160 for GPU. GTX760 seems to be best bang for the price - correct?

• SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Any recommendations on 3D Supported Blu-Ray writers?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Drop the 4770K down to 4670K and invest the difference into something else - like cutting a big hole in your closed cabinet.

Corsair has some issues. The heatsinks tend to fall apart, and when a chunk of metal falls in your case, it's bound to short-circuit something.

1 decade ago

Yeah people keep saying get the 4670K, why? will i not notice the difference what so ever?

1 decade ago

No, not at the moment. And you can drop your 600W PSU aswell, you wont need such a big PSU. (Unless you're going SLI) Grab a 480W be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM (for example).

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by djdynamite123.