Historical low:

Store page

Notice: Limited quantity remaining
Estimated Delivery: 4-8 Business Days
Delays are expected on new orders due to very high volume. Once your order has been processed, it will still ship and arrive within 4-8 business days.

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Worth it?

View Results
Yes!
No!
I don't know...

added to my cart, saw shipping, changed my mind. i'm interested to try one of these but probably never will because i already have 4 logitech f310 controllers that work great and are much cheaper

4 years ago

Do you have any problem with the left stick? For some unkown reason it stucks a bit when i move it upward. I dont even use it that much or its that old.

4 years ago

i think one of mine isn't as responsive as the others pushing the left stick right, but the other 3 work just fine. no problems with any of them sticking

4 years ago

can I ask you about F310? Do you use Logitech software with it? LGS or GHub? I know they're not strictly required but since I have to use one of those I would like to know about it, if you please, thanks

4 years ago

i don't use any special software just plug and play. i've used logitech gaming software in the past for other gamepads and joysticks though

4 years ago

OK, thank you!

4 years ago

As much as I wanted to like the f310 I have seen multiple dieing because of the cable

4 years ago

as in the cable breaks? i sometimes wish they were wireless for the convenience of not needing to plug them in and not getting tangled, but i haven't had any of them break.

4 years ago

cheap, too bad i have 1

4 years ago

Get another one and create a giveaway on steamgifts :^)

4 years ago

i will have to ship it,so no

4 years ago

Steam Controller - 5.5€ -> Cool
Estimated total - 22,20€ -> Not cool

I don't even need it so it's an easy skip :)

4 years ago

Steam won't let me order a second one. Even in a separate order. :(

4 years ago

would order, but the quantity option is gone. If shipping goes for 2 controllers, then would have ordered, but that shipping for one controller, well, not an option.

I have 2 already but would have bought 2 more for kids at this price.

4 years ago

Unfortunately it never worked that way. If you selected "quantity 2", you had to pay shipping twice. :\

4 years ago

nope, not really. A friend from same country just ordered 3 while quanity was available, he paying now 20eur shipping, if i select one shipping is 16eur. Also, about a 1,5 year ago when i ordered 2 the shipping for second was just +2-3eur, as it was in one order.

4 years ago

This should be a thing different by country then, because for me it was different: https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/93e5e1T

4 years ago

steam allows me to purchase only one controller at the time. i cannot add more than one to my cart. any ideas? fotr me shipping for one is 8 eur

4 years ago*

Remember that it will work in EVERY game on Steam, even if the game doesn't support controllers. So if you play mostly on PC and want to use pad, it's worth it.

4 years ago

I had $8 USD in my Steam wallet which covered shipping, so at $5 this is a no brainer buy for me!

Too bad I'm having a hard time selling a rare foil card that is in low demand, otherwise it could've paid for the controller and then some.

4 years ago

how the hell are they shipping this thing? packed in golden box with a high end drone??? come one, shipping it's 3 times the discounted price, I'm curious how much it is in normal circumstances!

4 years ago

My experience with online shopping says shipping from the US to other countries is usually fairly expensive.

4 years ago

yea I could understand that. But they ship from EU too, in particular from Tilburg, NL (there's a link to a Shipment Details when you add the controller to the cart). So € 12 for a NL to Italy package is really too much. I have experiences with online shopping, too; and I understand they're not amazon or some chinese company that ship hundreds of containers per day, but it's still too much, imo..

4 years ago*

Is it seriously one 12 for Italy? I live next to you and its 25.

4 years ago

hey I can see you from the window! :D
yea it's € 12,30 shipment for a total of € 17,80!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Oh, shipping from Amazon is usually really expensive to here. I've seen it go up to $20 or more at times.

4 years ago

Ok I get it, but as said they are shipping from EU. I talked about amazon not for US to other continents shippings but for EU to EU

4 years ago

Yeah, what you're saying makes sense. But I don't know where it comes from. In my case, the Valve address in my invoice specified it was from the US.

4 years ago

oh it's from their official Support. I made a screenshot but it's wrote in Italian language but the Europe part is pretty clear

https://i.imgur.com/uUKZqit.png

they claim to ship from Tilburg, NL..

EDIT: I reach that page by adding the controller to the cart and clicking the Shipping Details link once in the cart page (it's still possible to do that by first adding the controller to Favorites

4 years ago

meh, I would grab one to try it out, but the shipping is a bit steep for me. Still a solid deal though, but I don't really need a controller. Besides, I suck with controllers xD Never got the hang of controlling the camera angle with a joy stick.

4 years ago*

I'll sleep on it... I don't really need it, though the price is great (with shipping still around half-third of an XBO controller) , and then I could pass my own xb360 one, so there's that.

4 years ago

not for all countries

4 years ago

that seems to be the journalist assumption (unsurprisingly). Rev 2 was leaked a while back, both the patent and even a picture in the valve website shows it since 2017ish... who knows if they are shelving all that work or not, though

4 years ago

"Yes, you can now buy the Steam Controller for just $5 plus shipping ($13 total for me), and Valve confirms that this is the last batch of these gamepads that will ever be made."

4 years ago

That phrase is kind of my point, that they don't cite an official statement from Valve, and interpret the "Notice: Limited quantity remaining" as the gamepad being discontinued "forever".
Here is the Rev 2 patent, from december 2018: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/01/69/7f/e5c0594265db66/WO2018236966A1.pdf
Same as Rev 1, only with 4 grips instead of 2, different battery placement, force sensing touchpads, and usbc.
Some people believe this is the same as what happened with the Steam Link being discontinued last year, but in that case the little box was superseded by releasing an android app, so that any android device became a link. Some believe the knuckles superseed the steam controller, but I think that is a stretch.
I still have hopes we get rev 2

4 years ago

Not available in Canada, sadly. Been wanting to try that Steam controller for a while... but prices are insanely high over here. 140$ CAD on amazon. From a third-party seller. That really sucks.

4 years ago

I second that, I'm really disappointed. At that price I would have taken one for sure.

4 years ago

Just bought one as an extra, paid €14,30 for it.

4 years ago

Polish prices:
Controller: 22 PLN (5.63 $)
Shipping: 47 PLN (12.03 $)

Total: 69 PLN (17.66 $)

It's cool for our country :)

4 years ago

Kiedy już klikniesz opcje kup i podasz adres w Polsce, to realna cena wysyłki to jakieś 34 pln. Bo za całość chcą ode mnie 56 pln

4 years ago

Expensive shipping, but why not pick it up. Sadly missed Steam Link...

4 years ago

If you have a smart TV just install the Steam App. You can connect to Steam on your TV via the app.

4 years ago

This

And there is also no need to be in same wifi spot to play :) so you can play games on your mobile phone while away from home

4 years ago

It's shipping plus handling...basically their way to advertise it as "90% off!" but still sell it for more like 75% off.

4 years ago

I literally just bought a new controller... But I'm totally getting this. 15.5€ with shipping is a steal for all the good I've heard about it

4 years ago

I also just bought a new xbox one controller for PC, but this deal is too good to miss.

4 years ago

I just bought a new Xbox One Controller, and now for a bit more money I bought five Steam Controllers.. (I had 5 in the cart when they removed the ability to add multiple, so it was take it or leave it, lol)

4 years ago

You are now the Steam Controller baron ;)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

4 years ago*

5,50€+10€
Is the controller that good?
Should i replace my PS2 controller?

4 years ago

do u love steam? do u think a steam controller is sexy?

4 years ago

Do you mean that the controller is not good?

4 years ago

i ordered instantly 🎮

4 years ago

but if u dont know anything about the controller - let me tell u its diffrent - maybe u will use ps or xbox controller for that game, and steam controller for another game ...

to have steam hardware is pretty sweet - am i right?

4 years ago

Yeah i didn't know much about the controller, so i went to read some reviews.
And you are right about

maybe u will use ps or xbox controller for that game, and steam controller for another game

It is not a controller for me.

4 years ago

I borrowed one from a friend for awhile when the Xbox controller I was using died, and ended up just using the mouse and keyboard where I could. They'd have to pay me to use that thing. :p

4 years ago

As expected... Not available on Turkey :/

4 years ago

95% of SG: Too Expensive :\

4 years ago

funny that the STEAMgifts community is not that excited about STEAMhardware
damn, for that low price - just buy it and put it proud on the shelve or wall xD

4 years ago

Seems like I'm too late...

4 years ago

no i just ordered (but it says it will take longer because so much orders;)

it s such a great offer - everyone who loves steam must get this instantly

4 years ago

Well, I guess Canada is just too far then cause it doesn't seems to be available for me:(

4 years ago

Nice, thanks! Bought me a 2nd one (already have one since Nov 2016) ^^

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.