This is an userscript. It gives you an ability to browse steamgifts faster and more comfortable. Check out the screenshots!!

Note: This script is no longer under active development! PR-s for bug fixes are welcome!

Please Bump! 😀

Steam Group
Bug Reporting

If you like it please donate:

Steam

Browser addons:

You have to install one of them before you install the script!

The userscript:

After you installed the browser addon that need for you. Just open THIS link and click on [Raw] button the browser will automatically offer you to install the script!

Features:

• Add Enter button every active giveaways (list, real-time update)
  • Display chances for every giveaway (list, also on entered ga page)
  • Endless scrolling (with a lot of additional features)
  • Fixed header
  • Jump to top button at the bottom right corner
  • Update point every 60 seconds
  • Options
  • Hide entered giveaways
  • Automatically display images
  • SGv2 Dark Theme support
  • Advanced comment editor (with emoticons)

Authors:

• Nandee ( Programmer )
  • Pele ( Tester )

You can find the full change log at the top of the source code.

Final notes:

The script isn't under active development since i'm working on my first game I don't really wanna spend so much time on this project. Although I'm trying to do my best to keep it up to date. There some things that not contained by this script. Like features which request other pages when the page loads or manage a database in the background to keep the data fast and safe. I wont implement any feature like them in the feature for reason. I wanted to keep it as fast as possible. if you want features like this there is a lot of userscripts which can bring you them. Most if them also compatible with ESG. Small and creative feature requests and bug reports still welcome. Just keep in mind i might won't be able to implement them immediately.

Screenshots(2016. 05. 12. - Outdated):

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Awesome, thank you 😍

7 years ago

Thanks, great script!

7 years ago

Final notes added to description
Known bugs removed ( seems like they are not existing anymore)

2.3.7 (2016. 12. 04.)

• Fixed level bar with SgV2 dark theme
  • Added new design to the emoticons
7 years ago

Thank you for your work!
Btw you forgot to change version in the title

7 years ago

updated :)

7 years ago

Bump, thanks for the new versions, Nandee.

7 years ago

Thanks for the script, just started using it this week. Question, though: is it normal that it randomly blocks the ad in the left sidebar?

7 years ago

It shouldn't block it. It should only remove the container if you use any kind of adblocker. So the sidebar will look nicer a bit it shouldn block the ad itself.

7 years ago

Not using any adblocker. The ad at the bottom will always appear, but sometimes the one in the sidebar won't. Also in spite of having 'Active discussions in sidebar' enabled, they'll appear at the bottom. I'm using Firefox.

7 years ago

I don't want to test it in Firefox but i disabled adblocker for a week in chrome and never noticed this issue. Those bugs that occurs randomly the hardest to fix. I don't use Firefox at all :/
The only solution would be for me to remove this feature but i don't really want to do this.
Anyways the same code runs in the bottom as the sidebar so it should work the same maybe it's only happens with you for some other reason.

7 years ago

Holy shit man, this works flawlessly in Chrome!. Thanks a lot!

ps:I'm using default theme, not Userstyle supported black theme.

7 years ago

Hi, thanks for your work
I just have on Issue
When you click on Permalink under a comment the page will load that comment on top of the site.
But as the header is also on top, the comment (or at least a part) is hidden and you need to scroll
It would be awesome, if you could implement something, that when you open a permalink for a comment that it automatically scrolls the height of the header down.

7 years ago

Hi! You are welcome :)
That 'd be more work for me to fix that than the user's can benefit from it. Always the hardest parts when i have to override the sg's basic mechanism. I don't think anybody will complain about my decision. Honestly it isn't some super annoying bug.

7 years ago

if(window.location.hash)
    setTimeout(function() {
        var top = $(window.location.hash)[0].offsetTop;
        if(Number(GM_getValue("esg_fixedheader", 1))){
           var h = $("header");
           top = top - h.h.outerHeight();
        }
        window.scrollTo(0,top);
    }, 0);

Insert at the end of the script. Fixes also the issue that it scrolls to the wrong position if images or videos are loaded.

7 years ago*

Thanks for your work. Not working for me. It has some issues. The videos/pictures usually changes the scrolltop after this part of the code loads that's might be the issue. The scrolltop should be recalculated everytime an element height above the scrolltop changes(a new video or picture is loaded, the same scrolltop will mean a shifted location on the website) and also should check for the first user scroll event and disable itself so you can still use the scroller before the page loads and it won't drop you back everytime. Another poor solution would be to only calculate the scrolltop once when te page totally loads but it's not so fancy.

7 years ago

Interesting. This is a Greasemonkey exclusive problem. Works great in TM in FF & Chrome as well as in Violent Monkey.
Apparently the different sandboxing approaches lead to a different queuing order of the setTimeout callbacks.
Sorry, I thought I had a quickfix :-(

7 years ago

(I'm using Firefox)

Is there a way to backup the blocked games list? I've blocked almost 7000 at this point and I want to move the list to another computer, but also keep a backup in case something happens -- is it stored in a file somewhere? I can't seem tp find it.

7 years ago

This addon doesn't have anything to do with sg's filtering feature. All of the data is stored on your account. If you log in your other computer you will have the same games blocked.
You can manage your blocked games here:
https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/giveaways/filters

7 years ago

thankyou so usefull :D

7 years ago

Any script for EDGE? :)

7 years ago

7 years ago

Wow! Thnx! <3

FOR THE BUNNIES!

7 years ago

Hello,
please could you add support of comment formating for the amazing feature Reply From Inbox v2.0 from the revilheart Scripts v2.0?

And please check this issue too.

7 years ago

I'm answered at the other thread

7 years ago

Hello,
the feature "Hide entered giveaways" doesn't work with featured giveaways. Is it a bug or a feature?

7 years ago

It was filtered in older versions but It looked ugly when there was only 1 or 0 games in the list so I decided to disable filtering here.

I answered you at least a week earlier but my connection was bad so It didnt work I guess

7 years ago

please add manual filter in homepage
currently there's only slidebar for filtering gibs

what im currently having a problem is when filtering "copies" gibs, i just need to filter 2+ gibs, but using slider is too hard
sometimes 4 other times 7 copies..

also do you mind making another filter using "# entries"
thanks

7 years ago

Thank you very much for this script. I use it from some time. Only one thing I would change/add options (or I just miss how to change it?):
Without this script entered giveaways on main list are a little shaded and you can fast recognise if you entered or not. Is it possible to give such option to have this too when I use this script?

EDIT: also i missed filter options, now I tried it but no of copies works bad as hard to scroll, I would also change how this slidebar works (or even better use enter number of copies)

7 years ago*

You can get back the fade effect on entered giveaways if you disable enter/remove button in options. If it's enabled this effect is useless because you know if you entered or not from the state of the button.

A lot of people asked for the second feature (to set exact filters) but It's not under active development so I don't know when will i be able to implement It. Im working on my game in my freetime nowadays.

7 years ago

I understand. But for me even with enter/remove it would make page much clearer to have this fade effect (and i think it would not hurt even with enter/remove). I mean, when i browse games I looks on the left on titles (and number of giveaways) and dont see if I entered or not, then I look on right and I see I already entered it. With shade it would be faster and more intuitive to browse giveaway. I dont know whal oter ppl thinks but if it would be only a option then it could be set on by one person and set off by other.

7 years ago

Did u try "Hide entered giveaways" feature?

7 years ago

I though about it, and it is some workaround. Buti prefer to see entered giveaways (but to easy distinct them from not entered). I guess i can handle without shade, but decided to write as it is most important missing thing for me when i use this great script :)

7 years ago

you can re-enable fading by removing this line from the source code:

$(ga).find('.giveaway__row-inner-wrap').removeClass('is-faded');

It was strange at first time for me too but you can get used to it.

Edit:
It's 1108th line in the current version.

7 years ago

Wow thx:). i will try it right away.

EDIT: BTW it is 1113 in version which i found in this thread:).
EDIT2: it works. GREAT! Now for me it looks much better:)

7 years ago*

Pretty neat script, thanks :)

7 years ago

Hello,
it is great that points are refreshed but I still have to refresh the page because of the icons Giveaways Created/Giveaways Won/Messages, anyway. Could you refresh these icons too? It would be really great.

Edit: also if you could refresh the Enter button on GA pages (if I already have the points for the GA I didn't have before).

View attached image.
7 years ago

I couldn't do that because the script uses an exploit to update the points, so the information it receives not the whole page its only the point information. It because I want to generate as less extra traffic as possible.

The Enter/Remove boutton should be updated when the point data received aswell.

7 years ago

Suggestion: More granular hide options

Under config option "7. Hide entered giveaways" I would like to suggest more granular hide controls.

For example, include toggles for each browse section: All, Wishlist, Recommended, Group, & New. I'd also like to request the additional ability to hide pinned giveaways in the browse section "All" once entered.

I personally would not toggle hide on wishlist or group - as I like to be able to see those sections with no filtering enabled. At the moment I have to go and toggle the config each time I want to go into those browse areas.

You might also consider consolidating all of the hides into a single section on the config screen for ease of location/use.

I appreciate you taking the time to consider these additions.

Thanks!

7 years ago

That 'd require the whole rewrite of the settings manager since it can only manage on/off settings right now.

You might wanna check the 'Final notes' section on the top

7 years ago

Not a problem, appreciate the response. I'll take a look at the code and see what I can adjust myself.

Thanks!

7 years ago

Thx for your work.

I just need to do some little change in it to work for me.

{   \
bottom: 50px;   \
}   \```
Because i have rhSGST with "Fixed Elements : Footer" and i can't see it with only 10px.

And I delete the line removing the class ".is-faded" because i love this ;)
7 years ago

Nice

7 years ago

Giving it a try right now, after all this time! xD
So far so good, nice work 😀

7 years ago

Bump for this amazing script!

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

7 years ago

The paging controls break when a conversation has 100+ pages; no more 'go to last page' button.

See here for an example: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/vf9zl/giveback-thread-take-a-break-dragomania-mom-is-back

7 years ago

It's a steamgifts bug. It's being there since the beginning. The addon just copies sg's pagination to another place.

7 years ago

Ah, good to know. Thanks.

7 years ago

happy kejk day!

View attached image.
7 years ago

thanks 😃

7 years ago