This is an userscript. It gives you an ability to browse steamgifts faster and more comfortable. Check out the screenshots!!

Note: This script is no longer under active development! PR-s for bug fixes are welcome!

Please Bump! 😀

Steam Group
Bug Reporting

If you like it please donate:

Steam

Browser addons:

You have to install one of them before you install the script!

The userscript:

After you installed the browser addon that need for you. Just open THIS link and click on [Raw] button the browser will automatically offer you to install the script!

Features:

• Add Enter button every active giveaways (list, real-time update)
  • Display chances for every giveaway (list, also on entered ga page)
  • Endless scrolling (with a lot of additional features)
  • Fixed header
  • Jump to top button at the bottom right corner
  • Update point every 60 seconds
  • Options
  • Hide entered giveaways
  • Automatically display images
  • SGv2 Dark Theme support
  • Advanced comment editor (with emoticons)

Authors:

• Nandee ( Programmer )
  • Pele ( Tester )

You can find the full change log at the top of the source code.

Final notes:

The script isn't under active development since i'm working on my first game I don't really wanna spend so much time on this project. Although I'm trying to do my best to keep it up to date. There some things that not contained by this script. Like features which request other pages when the page loads or manage a database in the background to keep the data fast and safe. I wont implement any feature like them in the feature for reason. I wanted to keep it as fast as possible. if you want features like this there is a lot of userscripts which can bring you them. Most if them also compatible with ESG. Small and creative feature requests and bug reports still welcome. Just keep in mind i might won't be able to implement them immediately.

Screenshots(2016. 05. 12. - Outdated):

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

9 years ago

We definitely need a way to easily filter out games without having to go through Dialogue box -> Refresh the page. It's so tedious the new way. Basically just the way it was. One-click filter when you hover over the game image or a button on the title.

Just one click and done. No refresh or box.

Thanks though. Everything else seems pretty smooth.

9 years ago

No updates on the refresh every 2secs removal?

9 years ago

This script is great, that's all we needed from the beginning!
I found a little little bug: when the copies for the GA are more than the people joining it, the chances to win should be 100%, but it's displayed as "NaN%". Nothing really important, btw, I think.

Also, I think ESG dropdown menu should contain toggles for the various options!
Btw the script is awesome enough the way it is!

9 years ago

short question: is there an addon that can filter by platform (i am just interested in linux games and currently i am "managing" it by hiding all windows/mac only entries and via my wishlist)

9 years ago

I I have just installed and do not have endless scroll on firefox. Also it would be nice to have a comment and enter button

9 years ago

GRID wiev please! Anyway,nice script,thanks!

9 years ago

Thanks mate, great addon!

8 years ago

really helpfull thank you

8 years ago

Oh yes this is exactly what I wanted, thanks.

Also, a lot of games (Particularly the featured ones in the box at the top, the area that has the 2 games in it all the time), is labeled with [WISHLIST][WISHLIST] even if they aren't actually on my wishlist. Also the games on my Wishlist-giveaway entering page is labeled like that too.

8 years ago

it's great, but how about this idea:
no quick join GA for GAs you made

8 years ago

I'm sorry for disappearing. I had my resons. I'm here. I see so many people like my addon. I have great news! I'm now continue the developement.

I'm also sorry for the major bugs. This impossible to make something that fits to the website after every changes. But I'll try to make it better! The next version is coming soon.

The addon's logo will be changed, becouse I didn't know that Easy Steamgifts thing has the same logo, I'm thinking about the new one!

8 years ago

New Release!

1.5.5 (07-16-2015)

• Fixed font problem
  • Fixed sidebar
  • Fixed endless scrolling
  • Fixed Wishlist - Featured giveaway problem
  • Fixed chance problem with more than 1k copies giveaways
  • Removed point refresh feature
  • Removed recommended sales feature
  • Changed icon
8 years ago

how to update? :D

8 years ago

browser?

8 years ago

firefox

8 years ago

Click on the triangle near the monkey logo on the top-right corner.
Click on Manage userscripts... (Or similar, I've installed Grease Monkey in a different language)
Right click on Extended steamgifts than 'Forced Find Updates''

8 years ago

thx, great support .)

8 years ago

Any plans for lvl filtering? Region filtering?

8 years ago

Just when i was thinking about what to install.
may i ask how you calculate the chance for a GA with more than one copy? cause my calculations say a different percent.

if you don't want to talk here, you can add me (or me you)
and if it's written somewhere, i haven't looked that hard yet :)

oh, and it does look amazing. Thank you!

8 years ago

copies / (entries+1) * 100

+1 becouse if you enter the giveaway....
But you pointed me a problem, it adds 1 if you entered too.

8 years ago

just typed a huge reply. and SG crashed!
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

will write something tomorrow. sorry :)

8 years ago

ok. so (hoping no crashes this time):
it slightly depends on how SG picks the winners, but i think your calcaultion is incorrect.

1. say 6 people (including you) enter a 5 copies GA. the first who won has 1/6 chance. the second has 1/5 etc, up to 1/2. or 1/(6-5). which is 50% to win. in truth there is some dependency, because you can win before, but it should be very small, and not sure at the moment how to calculate it.

2. this is what you did: again 6 people with 5 copies. SG picks 5 people at the "same" time (assuming that's possible ;) ). so the ratio will be like you said 5/6=83%. but look at bigger numbers. say 5 copies and 100 people. that's 5/100=5%. but i still think that chance is to high, cause it means i'm at odds with 20 people (including me) but that's wrong. i'm against 100 people for each copy. so again. the odds should be 1/(100-5)= 1.05%. which is lower than 5% but more accurate.

does that make sense?

8 years ago

20 entry - 100 copies, clearly more than 100%

My method:
copies / (entries+1) 100
100 / 21
100 = 476%
(if the chance is higher than 100, the addon only shows 100)

Your method:
100 / ( entries - copies )
100 / ( 20 -100) = -1.25%

I think my method is correct.

8 years ago

well, yes a negative number makes sense.
and that's 125% percent to win. on the other side of the moon. so anything 100 is fine.

even for you you round it to 100. so this is the same.

8 years ago

Another example:
100 entry - 100 copies,

My method:
100 / 101*100 = 99%

Your method:
100 / ( 100 -100) = 100 / 0 -> Math error

I learned in the Elementary school this method, I still not understand where your method come from.

This is work in the same way (middle table):
http://www.math.com/students/calculators/source/3percent.htm

8 years ago

i get you method.

i said there are two options to draw numbers for the winners. the first one is you always take one cookie from the jar, you can't take a whole 5. so you draw 5 times.
i just used common sense (my sense anyway lol),

i never said 100 both up and down. that was you. but anything with more(the same) copies my method work. but always if copies>entries 100%.

and you calculator is for percent, that's not the same. it's not winner statistics. can't find anything online at the moment

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 8 years ago.

8 years ago

but if you have only one entry it is the same as Nandee's.
i still don't think it's correct. sadly, statistics is not my field of expertise. so i don't know which equation i'm looking for. but i do know that it is more complex that GA/Entries.

the thing you are missing is dependency (or i'm missing, lost count) of the multiple copies. not sure how to express it.
plus it really depends on how SG choose the winner, if one by one, than i'm correct. if all at once, than i'm not sure how to express it, but i feel my "theory" is more accurate.

8 years ago

why did you delete it?
it was a valid explanation, and i quite like it, even that i didn't agree with it completely :)

8 years ago

This script is great, thank you for taking your time to create this.

I really love the endless scrolling feature a lot. Hiding entered giveaways is also a great feature.

I'd like to make a suggestion though. Would it be possible for you to add an option for us to visit the steam page of the game being given away without having to go to the giveaway and clicking on 'Steam' there?

Adding a steam store button next to enter button on the giveaway would be nice. Or maybe making it so that clicking on picture of the game takes you to the steam store, while clicking on the name of the game takes you to the giveaway.

8 years ago

there is a steam button. it's part of SG.
the small steam icon next to the game pic/name

8 years ago

Oooh will you look at that. I never noticed it before. Thanks!

8 years ago

:)

8 years ago

Removed point refresh feature
But why? It was really useful in my opinion.

8 years ago

I agree with you but some steamgifts users thinks it was dangerous to the site. (You can find their comment on the first page) So I'll try to find a better solution that suits for everyone.

8 years ago

Why do you find that feature useful? Every time you enter a giveaway your point counter updates, so what's the point in having it update over time?

8 years ago

Because I don't need to refresh page of enter giveaway every time I want to see how many points I have.

8 years ago

Awesome script! Thanks!

8 years ago

Would it be possible to create an option to hide giveaways made by people without CV?

There are so many people doing fake giveaways so now I have to check every profile of each giveaway creator to see should I even bother entering.

Being able to just hide giveaways made by people without CV would make it so I don't have to worry about that anymore which would be really great.

8 years ago

really?
that is mostly for AAA+ games, not for all games.
there are new users who follow the ruled. there was one who even the read the FAQ right after signing to the site ;)

8 years ago

There are plenty for indie games too. Some even create fake giveaways for bundle games.

That's why I'd really love to have this feature as an option.

While there are some new users that are actually going to give the games, I'd rather not bother entering and risking winning a fake giveaway.

8 years ago

"free" points. so i'll take the chance.
i usually get to 300p anyway.

but i see your point. add a suggestion and maybe someone will add it to his script.

8 years ago

It's not possible because you can't see the creator's CV on the giveaway list page.

8 years ago

I'm not sure if this is a typo or something but...Here

8 years ago

I'll fix it.

8 years ago

Good script, I like it, thank you!!
Also potential feature for the future: Implement a Steam ratings and platforms similar to this userscript https://greasyfork.org/scripts/10478-steamgifts-rating-and-platforms/code/steamgifts%20rating%20and%20platforms.user.js but implement it into your infinite scrolling. I love that script, but it doesn't play well with infinite scrollers... anyones.. I'd imagine it just needs to be put into the code that pulls the new page, I just haven't played with it enough yet.
But if you could implement that, that would be fantastic!!

Keep up the good work!

8 years ago

This userscript is so slow but I've found a better solution for this problem :)
I'm planning to put this feature to the next version. :D
I can1t develop this userscript these days cause my PC is went wrong.
I've tried the development with my old PC, but this one is too slow.

8 years ago

Would it be possible to add an option to disable "Would you like to hide all giveaways for X?" pop-up? It's annoying that you have to click on "Yes" every single time you want to hide a game. I'd prefer if it just instantly removed any game as soon as I click on the hide button.

Also when you hide the game the page restarts which is another annoying issue with the default system. Would it be possible to make it so that after hiding the game it just gets removed without the page restarting?

8 years ago

Maybe in a later version.

8 years ago

Got a question. hope you are not angry about the statistics thing
is it possible to add the community vote where the discussion is? in endless scrolling mode i mean.
cause i can't see it otherwise...
just a though

and of course, have a bump :) great script!

8 years ago

I've already working on It! :D This feature comes with the next version. :)

View attached image.
8 years ago

Is anyone else having problems with it not showing wishlist giveaways?

8 years ago

No everything works fine for me
Do you have other scripts istalled that may cause the problem?

8 years ago

Nope, it's the only tampermonkey script I have. When I click the wishlist link, it tells me that there are no results found but I know there are giveaways on my wishlist.

Edit: Nevermind, it's a steamgifts issue or something else as I have the same problem even with tampermonkey disabled.

8 years ago

8 years ago

That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work. It's back working again now mind. Thanks any ways and cheers for the extended steamgifts script, it's awesome.

8 years ago

Just tried it, works fine!! =)

8 years ago

A great thank you for your work!
The only thing I want to see is option to show entered GA's like it is at SG without scripts (gray name of GA in the list instead of black). Or it could be changed colour of entered GA's background (like you did with GAs from wishlist)

8 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.