Long story short an ingame item marketplace and it covers multiple games cs go, tf2, kf2, pd2, dota2 etc. they changed their privacy policy on the 20th of June this year adding

access, or utilize, any functionality of the Service if you are related to a country embargoed or sanctioned by the US government, including Balkans, Belarus, Burma, Cote D'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and Zimbabwe.

So you will be met with a fun little message whenever you try to deposit or withdrawal balance from the site, full site use is not prohibited.
A bit more information with all of the updates on why this is happening

Most people should not be effected by this but there is a good amount that will and my question from me to you is this
How screwed are you?

I'll start with a friend of mine - he has a considerable amount of money invested in that site while reselling and trading game items and I used to help him form time to time, he used to be able to cash out but now it's all just stuck there and he needs to do a few very risky purchases and a lot of waiting if he wants to get a bigger fraction back if at all. Fun stuff.

A gib for your time

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Have no idea what the site is nor do I care, I just found it funny how "Balkans" is a country, lol.

4 years ago

Yeah probably should add what it's about XD

4 years ago

I have no idea what the site is nor do I care, but I kinda wonder which Balkan country even is embargoes or sanctioned by the US for the entire peninsula to be erroneously mentioned in the first place?

4 years ago

Afaik, none of them. But apparently there is some shady thing. Though it doesn't look like sanctions toward any country, more like a blank permit to seize funds from specific people who do very specific things. Not a lawyer, though. Really confusing. Also it looks like there's an executive order cancelling this in 2003. Like, what?

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/pages/balkans.aspx

Honestly, I think the website just copy/pasted an old list by mistake.

4 years ago*

I think the Congolese, Zimbabweans and North Koreans generally have bigger things to worry about these days.

4 years ago

The Balkans might be the most pissed off about this tbh.

4 years ago

The fuck, noone in the Balkans have sanctions or anything?

4 years ago

Those shifty Montenegrins are up to something.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago*

There are quite old but there are

4 years ago

Just checked and concerning Balkans it just says it targets listed individuals that are undermining security etc (terrorists), just saying Balkans would ban a lot of countries, Greece included lol, but I know they meen western Balkans but still.
Either way, doesn't affect me

4 years ago

It's always been this way because bitskins is based in the US. Even steam has policies restricting users from certain countries. If I'm not wrong, syrians can't even buy games on steam.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

The sanctions mentioned and all documentation about it at least for the Balkans does not prohibit any transaction or business venture that concerns Bitskins or any services alike, only issue it has is with some international bank bans but only on certain types of transactions.

4 years ago

I am happy to say that I have never heard of "bitskins."

4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by IrresistbleBtyCall.