i like most of the changes to steamgifts, but the width is a problem for me. my browser window is 1024 px wide and it looks like every page is at least a little too wide for that, but doesn't seem to need to be. this page, for example, is 7 px too wide for me, which is due to the width of the header. that small amount isn't a big deal.

the main page with the giveaways however is 110 px too wide for me, which pushes important things like the next page links over where i can't see them. if i hide the sidebar by editing the css with firebug, then it goes back to the 7 px too wide.

while i would have loved to see steamgifts support small browser sizes like smartphones (it otherwise seems so modern, which is awesome) i don't think it would take a lot to adapt to reasonably-sized desktop browser windows. i'll probably make the hidden sidebar more permanent for me if this doesn't get addressed, which is unfortunate since i'd probably use it sometimes.

9 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

This is probably not what you want but it's still a possibility. It should be possible to zoom out in your browser. In firefox it is ctrl num+/num-

9 years ago

here's a firefox-specific style i added with stylish. it gets rid of horizontal scrollbars for me, reduces the vertical space between giveaways, and hides giveaways you've already entered. the sidebar from the giveaways list is reflowed horizontally over the giveaways instead of vertically next to them. if anybody has tips for making the "Browse" and "My Giveaways" headings behave themselves instead of drifting up i'd appreciate them:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("steamgifts.com") {
  body {
    min-width: 900px;
  }
  .nav__button {
    padding: 0 1em;
  }
}
@-moz-document url("http://www.steamgifts.com/"), url-prefix("http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search") {
  .widget-container {
    display: block;
  }
  .sidebar, .sidebar__navigation {
    display: flex;
  }
  .sidebar {
    padding-bottom: 1em;
  }
  .sidebar__search-container {
    margin-bottom: 0;
  }
  .sidebar__heading {
    margin-left: 1em;
    border-bottom: none;
    margin-bottom: 0;
  }
  .sidebar__navigation {
    padding-bottom: 0;
  }
  .widget-container > div:not(:first-child) {
    border-left: none;
    box-shadow: none;
    margin-left: 0;
    padding-left: 0;
  }
  .giveaway__row-outer-wrap {
    padding: 0;
  }
  .giveaway__row-inner-wrap {
    padding: .5em 0;
  }
  .is-faded {
    display: none;
  }
}
9 years ago*

+1. I also feel that the rightmost and leftmost elements (avatar and site logo, but other parts too) are too close to the window's edge.

9 years ago

agreed. i didn't attempt to change that with my user style though since i was trying to change as little as possible.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.