What are you thinking about MSI Interceptor DS4200 ?
What do you recommend instead under 70 euros?
It should have rgb or atleast one color leds.

https://www.msi.com/Gaming-gear/Interceptor-DS4200.html

TY

##################
Thank you for all the answers!!

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Buy it or not?

View Results
Yes
No

Reading MSI i went for a minute a graphic card for 70 euro with led?

4 years ago

yeah, its a keyboard :D

4 years ago

Overall reviews seems to be positive about it, doesn't mean there might be better ones though (apparently from looking at the poll results it appears so).
There are more better known brands for keyboards and mice though, up to you what you expect from it.

https://www.nag.co.za/2017/05/17/hardware-review-msi-interceptor-ds4200/

4 years ago*

TY

4 years ago

Non mechanical for 70€ ?

If you really like rbg... because you are paying for rbg and marketing

4 years ago

yeah, that's it.. I think these 70€ are for rgb and marketing, little else

4 years ago

Yes yes, i know, rgb dose not help me win in games etc :D but it looks nice ...

About mechanical, im still no pro in that topic. I just know that i like if the buttons are quiet and stady under fingers. So actually, i really like my laptop keyboard,but i cant use that for PC xD

4 years ago

Nothing wrong with that, if you like that keyboard go for it, just remember that you are not paying a lot because it's a super premium product, but you are actually paying marketing.

btw, cooler master has a couple of keyboard+mouse combo with leds and stuff, I gifted the devastator kit to my borther (~30€), the mouse is uhm, okaish, the keyboard is actually nice, we are still talking about non-mechanical stuff, but the price is honest

4 years ago

Actually i have already Cool Master mouse for PC. I dont even know anymore how old it is...I guess i will check CMs keyboards also then. TY

4 years ago

No, for that price you could get a nice mechanical KB.

4 years ago

All depends on what quality you require. Myself I'm perfectly happy with a Tracer Avenger keyboard, which offers me backlit keys (I often play in dark, but I don't care about RGB and I probably would find it distracting) and a set of extra programmable keys. It used to cost like 15-25€, but mostly is out of stock by now. If I wanted better, I would go for a mechanical.

Tracer actually has a pretty decent quality, IMO, and it's even possible, that the same Chinese factory is making keyboards both for them and for MSI.

4 years ago*

That keyboard looks actually quite nice. But i have wonder, are those extra buttons on left side, really practical playing FPS games for example. I mean, they seem to be too far for quick use?

4 years ago

Myself, I'm still missing the old IBM design with function keys on the left side of keyboard, It was so easy for me to use alt-fn, shift-fn and ctrl-fn with it. Since they have practically disappeared (was it caused by laptops becoming more and more popular?), I've practically stopped using ctrl, shift and alt with function keys, finding it very inconvenient with the keys located at the top. So, I guess, it all depends on what you are used to, and it certainly takes time to get used to a new keyboard layout.

They do offer however quite a few similar highlighted keyboards without the side keys, some of them even with RGB, in the same price range. So, choosing "cheap", Tracer is one of the best options, IMO, if it sells in your country. Same with headsets, btw.

4 years ago*

im 31, but i think i have never seen that kind of keyboard :D

4 years ago

Those keyboards slowly disappeared in the late 90's, because of Windows, not because of laptops. Starting with Win95 Microsoft pushed a keyboard layout with 12 function keys and 2 Windows keys. The classic IBM layout had neither of those, so it had to go. I still have one or two of those keyboards in the basement, they still work fine with modern computers (with an ISO to PS/2 adapter and a computer that has PS/2) .. it's just inconvenient, because there's no F11/F12 (e.g. for the boot menu, certain office functions).

4 years ago*

Got a Cherry MY 3000 USB (brand new) for less than €15 on Ebay. Good old mechanical caps and - most important - one of the last models with "Auerbach/Opf. Made in Germany" on the backside. They just don't make quality keyboards like that any more.

4 years ago

would be very happy if i can buy a keyboard made in Germany :D

4 years ago

Did you check on Ebay? Just look for Cherry G80 or G81. There still should be a few awailable. I admit, I probably was lucky to get a new one, but I'd even prefer a used one (as long as it's in good condition) over those Asian imports any day. If your system still has PS/2 you have even more options.

4 years ago

No way.. you could get the Corsair K68 for $5 more right now on Amazon.

4 years ago

Ok, Corsair is also in my "keyboard manufacturer" list. Will see what can i find in Estonia.

4 years ago

The K68 is a really good mechanical keyboard. There's 2, one with RGB lighting for $75 which is what I was referring to in my first comment and then they also have a red backlit one for $70 which is the second link.

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Backlit/dp/B079H7N61M

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit-Resistant/dp/B0716Q4932

4 years ago*

I dont like much the red backlit, but this KB sure looks awesome!!! But its way too expensive.I dont want spend over 100 euros for keyboard. (Yes, it s 70 dollars in amazon.com, but with shipping, it gets over 100).
I will check some others from Corsair :)

4 years ago

Yeah, Corsair is my favorite by a long shot. I own two of them now (a K70 and a Strafe), because I dumped an entire soda on the K70 and rushed out to buy the Strafe since I thought the K70 was certainly a goner.

But ... I tossed the entire keyboard under the hot shower and let it dry a couple days, and it works like new.

4 years ago

Out of pure curiosity, normal K70 or the RGB version? Because I did the same thing with the RGB version just with tea instead (twice because I am an idiot) and while the keyboard itself still works 100% fine the RGB lighting is completely out of wack.

4 years ago

My K70 only has red back-lighting, but it works fine.

4 years ago

Voted Yes - if you're looking to protect your virginity that is.

4 years ago

Membrane switch keyboard for that money?! It is cheaper to get some decent cheap Logitech with membrane switches and dunk it in unicorn barf for the colours. =P
Joking aside, honestly, I would not buy it because of that font type. It is hideous. I am also not a fan of these built-in plastic wrist rests, I'd rather use a good old foam or gel-based one, they are a lot more comfortable in the long run.

4 years ago

expensive , no way

4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by rasLivity.