The world and his wife are now on this whole Steam tradey unimportant card business thingy and I stupidly joined the group in curiosity and then found everyone involved was wasting their life/CPU power idling their games so they could sap every last cent of value out of the worthless amalgamations of randomness, code and pixels known as 'cards'.

If you feel like buying into that, I've got three invites to the Steam Trading Card Beta Access. I will give them to the first three people who I randomly discriminate are deserving of them - because I'm a git.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

You can have my grandmother for $0.15 if you'd like.

1 decade ago

...Not sure I have $0.15 - would you take a Steam Trading Card Beta Access?

I could use a grandmother, both of mine are dead.

1 decade ago

I already have the beta access, however it would help expand my "free shit collection" :)

1 decade ago

i can buy them for 5xdota

1 decade ago

I'd go for 0.14

1 decade ago

We've got a bidding war for Grandmothers it seems.

Not sure if this now counts as a trading thread, thus against the rules?

Can we get a megaman mod in here to clarify?

1 decade ago

Would I do?

Bidding grandmothers is, at the core, trading, and is prohibited. If we receive word of a trade being done, the user may receive a temporary suspension, as well as a serve from the United Nations Human Rights Council.

1 decade ago

You will do just fine. :)

It's nice to know that Steamgifts takes human trafficking so seriously as to offer a temporary suspension for such an offence. Luckily, I am certain no grandmothers will be traded - Postage and handling and the maintenance costs make even the entry price of $0.14 too prohibitive.

1 decade ago

If I heard right, if the trade is done over Steam's trade system, Valve pays all shipment expenses.

1 decade ago

If they pay maintenance as well I may have just found the job I almost certainly never wanted but couldn't possibly pass up...

Human trafficking of grandmothers (dead or alive) via Steam...Jesus, that's something so ridiculous I probably would end up getting involved in it.

1 decade ago

You wanna collect the portraits of your ideal family?

1 decade ago

My god, cracked me up so bad! If it were possible, I would ''like'' the living light out of that comment!

1 decade ago

Youll get one of those annoying rule enforcers soon.
"Begging is forbidden" cry babies

1 decade ago

I do take TF2 business far too seriously. Well, I did. I sold everything and got some money atm. Now, no, i don't take Steam cards business too far. I actually played the games to get the cards, did not idle all that stuff, also, I did sell some cards, but bought others to complete my Don't starve badge.

1 decade ago

Well my grandmothers are ashes now, so I'm not sure if people would like to buy my dead people dust. I could always try to pass it off as a new Kool Aid mix. Not too sure how good it'll taste, though.

1 decade ago

Dude - If you don't have it and you want it a Steam Trading Card Beta Access is yours for your ability to morbidly tickle my sense of humour.

1 decade ago

I'm glad I could tickle you, maybe we can move onto diddling next. But yeah, If you have nobody else to give that invite thing to, I'd be happy to take it off of your hands. Thanks for the offer!

1 decade ago

I will buy someone's grandma for .10, as long as shes still up and running when I have kids she would be the greatest to watch over them.. now seriously.. don't you dare give me a beta access

1 decade ago

I love that if I'd have titled this thread "Steam Trading Card Beta Access Invites" I'd have about 100 magical leeches from nowhere, forum lurkers I've never heard of before, begging me for free shit.

As it is, I get a thread full of people with a twisted sense of humour who want nothing from me beyond the opportunity to make a sick joke. I'm not sure if the sudden mass of invites from Steam has devalued things somewhat, or if my thread title and attitude just makes me that unapproachable, but I like it. :)

1 decade ago

Actually you've made a point. I like to think that lots of people who idled for cards to sell at ridiculous prices spent more money in electricity than they could get by selling cards (especially who left their computers on all night). Then we could talk about Steam devaluing everything, from price games to games value itself, but probably i would be considered crazy.

1 decade ago

I idled DOTA while surfing SG and talking in chat - not that wasteful as I sold the 4 cards for about $4.

1 decade ago

More of the latter than the former. And sorry you cannot have my grandmother. Not for anything in the world ^^

1 decade ago

did you hear about that grandma who gave birth to a baby

imagine, a 1 year old that you have to call your auntie

of course i'm selling, why would i want that i'm not masochistic take it for 2p and whipped cream cake*

1 decade ago

I whipped cream once, it still didn't do what I told it.

Cream makes a rubbish slave.

1 decade ago

royal cream is better, stiffens, stays stiff, add colored dye and you got an almost real

wait what

1 decade ago

I tried whipping royal cream once. Got a criminal record for sexually assaulting Prince Harry.

It wasn't gay though. He's so disturbingly ugly due to years of twisted, elitist inbreeding I genuinely thought he was a stud horse. Turns out he wasn't.

Also, this is quickly becoming the most disturbing thread I've been involved in on Steamgifts. And I like it!

1 decade ago

You just won the internet.

1 decade ago

.>

1 decade ago

<.<

1 decade ago

︽.︽

1 decade ago

⬎⬑

1 decade ago

You being a git and all makes me gitty, we should git to gitter and git it on.

You feel me?

O_O

1 decade ago

As Bill said to just about anyone but Hillary, let's git it on!

1 decade ago

I play the games I usually play and get cards, then I sell the cards. I don't leave my computer on or anything. And sometimes for games like half-life 2 it's an excuse to revisit the game.

1 decade ago

I'd like to rent one or two from you, I have some boring achievements to do so I could use extra manpower. Two 12 hours shifts should get 100% in Torchlight in no time.

1 decade ago

Any and all grandmothers I obtain are solely for my collection. I'm not some two-bit, street corner lurking granny pimp!

1 decade ago

STOP DOING THINGS I DON'T LIKE

1 decade ago

No! Then I wouldn't be able to moan about people doing things I don't like, and I like doing that! So if I stop doing things you don't like and everyone else stops doing things I don't like, where does that leave us? Some kind of sorry eudaemonia in which there's NOTHING for ANYONE to moan about!

...I just scared myself...

1 decade ago

XD Mercer, I really understand what you're saying. You have a great sense of humor and I agree that things get taken too far.

1 decade ago

So what's the TIV for gently used grandmas? I have a few that fell off a truck.

1 decade ago

You're a muppet-like character and you'd give up your grandmas?! You must be one of those evil muppets...

1 decade ago

I'm not planning to get into this card thing. Regarding grandma, if you're willing to dig her up yourself and deal with the consequences of that, then you're welcome to her. I'd prefer to get more than $0.20 for her, but it's up to you. A copy of Bioshock Infinite would be a fair trade I think.

1 decade ago

For a Burning TC.

1 decade ago

No way I'd sell my grandma. Not with all her Delicous cooking!

1 decade ago

Of course not.

1 decade ago

you can have my grandma for 0.1$

heck i might give you 0.1$ for taking her :P

1 decade ago

. . .

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

XD

1 decade ago

Aw man, you're only level 1 and you haven't got any other badges.

1 decade ago

I know. I bet if I had a bigger epeen I wouldn't be so uptight - It's fact, I saw it on an episode of South Park.

1 decade ago

I trade the invites for games.

1 decade ago

Say what???
Second part of that title felt uncalled for ._.

1 decade ago

Only level 1, he's inferior.

1 decade ago

Yup.

hangs head in shame

1 decade ago

what would you do with my grandmother???

1 decade ago

Chat with her, make her tea, ensure she was comfortable, listen to all those wonderful stories of the past she has, even though I've heard them a million times already.

Usual grandma stuff, the stuff I miss.

1 decade ago

how... dare you

1 decade ago

mmmm-hmmm! I went there!

I'm still not sure where 'there' is exactly, but this is the location that, usually, people tell you not to go and yet I have a habit of visiting often. I'd like to know where 'there' is, and quite what I do while I'm 'there' because I must black out or something. I go 'there', but I don't remember having been.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by mercer88.