I'm looking to buy/upgrade my headset Turtle Beach X12 they're okay but i want something better. At first i was considering Logitech G230/G430/G930 or Plantronics but i decided to go for a better pair of headphones and a cheap-ish mic since i barely use it. Can anyone recommend me a good pair of headphones? Right now i'm looking at Sennheiser and Audio-Technica brands.

Looking for:

• Preferably something that isn't advertised for "Gamers"

• I'll mainly be using it for gaming, music, and Youtube...so pretty much everyday life

• Over the ear noise cancelling

• Not USB powered

After giving this guide a read. I'm leaning towards either Creative Aurvana Live!, Skullcandy SLYR, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD 558.

Signature goes here

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm using SteelSeries Siberia v2, but as it's advertised for "Gamers" it's probably not what you're looking for... ;p

9 years ago

Hi. I have been using Sennheiser HD-201 for many years and I recommend them to you. Pretty good for music, films, and of course gaming.

Cheers and thanks for the giveaway ;)

9 years ago

SL HMC631 - almost as good as AKG - K550 (or maybe even better) but 3-5 times cheaper.
I'm sure you won't find better than those (unless you are willing to spend $200 or more).

9 years ago

http://www.head-fi.org/products/superlux-hd-668-b/reviews

I have the superlux 668b and they are inexpensive and really good for their price

9 years ago

Do you want open or closed headphones?

Also, noise cancelling isn't exactly great. Most headphones that have it either cost a ton or the noise cancelling hardware interferes with sound quality.

Some easy recommendations in this range: Superlux HD668b, CAL!, ATH-M50, Takstar Pro80, NVX XPT100

I'd avoid anything Sennheiser lower than an HD558

9 years ago

I've never used open headphones before but apparently open provide a bigger sound stage which is better for gaming?

9 years ago

Buy a Sennheiser stereo ones, all the 5.1, 7.1 are bullshit on the headphones imo, since I have one true 5.1 myself, this is only good on speakers. Mostly defined as "gaming" have this multichannel sound. Also you're looking for headsets not headphones. imo that "gaming" headsets are too much bullshit(not all), the 5.1 is not that useful, I have it even disabled, I dislike the USB port also, so if in future I would buy headsets I will get some Stereo ones probably not advertised as "gaming" too xd.

9 years ago

i was recommended the LifeChat LX-3000's awhile back

9 years ago

I currently use a set of audio-technica ath-m30's (review), they are decent and can be found for $50 on amazon but if you want a great pair look at a pair of ath-m50's (review), best price I can find on those is just over your cap at $105.

9 years ago

Yay, time to post this again

9 years ago

오!

9 years ago

Creative Fatality Gaming HS-800

I've been using it for...hmm...6-7 years already

Insanely good headset and now its pretty cheap. The only fault for me is that those are a little too tight

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by Nixxi.