5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I Sonic the Manhog disturbing?

View Results
Is the stuff of nightmares
Is pretty disturbing
It's ok
Potatonic

Oh that's even worse then I expected plus dr robotnik is not the same without his eggman shape

5 years ago

Oh yeah, Sonic looks far too fluffy and is not cool!
This is only going to damage the franchise.

5 years ago

Well just on the trailer when I saw it it was a perfect 48k likes and dislikes. Now its 53k likes and 55k dislikes. Why cant people just leave games alone, when has anyone thought oh yeah the movie of this was exactly how we wanted it. But hey nintendo had the rubbish mario movie now sega will have sonic. Sonic stopped being good ages ago apparently so I don't get why they think it would be a good idea to add more to the pile of trash that franchise is.

It's the same with live action animes, when things are perfectly fine the way they are they should just be left that way but nope, they think they can spend millions on a movie and expect like a billion back but instead just get enough money to make them even

5 years ago*

That's a good question but it seems like they just try to milk every possible penny out of their products regardless of cheesy outcomes. lol
Omg, that's so ridiculously embarrassing! Poor Sonic, you deserve better than this!

5 years ago

They have reach the no return point now. 68k vs 79k

When I saw it on the morning was mostly liked

5 years ago

I don't get the popularity of the Sonic franchise anyway. They keep releasing bad game after bad game, the kind that in any normal franchise would have killed it, yet somehow the franchise refuses to die. If Sonic can survive Sonic 06, Sonic Boom, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Adventure, Sonic's Schoolhouse, Sonic 2 on the Master system, Sonic Heroes, Sonic 4 & Sonic Forces it can survive this movie.

5 years ago

Sonic looks far too fluffy

I remember seeing the Detective Pikachu movie trailer and thinking the same thing XD
I'm more concerned the Sonic looks more like a furry than the Sonic character.

5 years ago

It coudln't be worse than the Super Mario Bros movie which doesn't seem to have hurt that property too much (not that the Sonic brand is anywhere near that level).

5 years ago

At least they choose a good song

5 years ago

not really. The parody Gangster's Paradise doesn't make any sense for sonic

5 years ago

I'm not looking for sense here, I just like the song.

5 years ago

He's not an egg.

5 years ago

Oh no ...

5 years ago

5 years ago

Lol XD

5 years ago

Oh hey it has Jim Carrey. He makes me forget it's actually about Sonic, whose design is so weird that my brain have a hard time registering he's part of the movie.

At least it got me listen to Gangster's Paradise again, it's a cool song.

5 years ago

More dislikes then likes.

5 years ago

Why is this disturbing anyway compared to lets say The smurfs or Garfield, that looked just as weird too but people seemed to like that alot more.

5 years ago

I think that is because is not cartoonish enough. Sonic's body is too human.

5 years ago

*Parents put up with it
in regards of reception, there's no reason to assume its not going to sell just as many tickets as anything else that followed the same formula. YT negative comments just show the franchise was still relevant, Not every title was good, but Sonic was never neglected,
as opposed to Smurfs, most kids don't even have a reference point. And adults don't really care

These kids actually know Sonic, maybe not the gameplay, but the character itself.
This is not the audience. This is more like leaving the TV on, in hopes of keeping your babies entertained.

Don't underestimate lazy parenting. This shit is going to sell

5 years ago

I found it reminiscent of something like ET or Bumblebee.
Seems somewhat better than I expected, like mediocre rather than awful.

5 years ago

Regarding both examples you mentioned - smurfs seem less cringy and wannabe cool guys, that movie actually looks family and kid friendly and invites you to watch it - kind of portrays that adventure spirit. Something like Stuart the little - good family fun about family pet/member. Same goes for garfield - its relatable to cats, our perception of cats as being kind of jerks and lazy fatasses.

Hard to say about sonic and its fan base as im not part of one, but thus far it gives off vibes of popular action flicks - Fighting, shooting, "cool guy" jokes, some weird rat like looking blue raccoon which dont seem that relatable. Its just too serious - like some deadpool spinoff. Not a whole lot of fun for kids, not a whole lot of fun for adults.

How it will pay off and how much will people watch it, we cant know.. But just answering your question regarding how disturbing the trailer is. I cant really speak about how general public perceives it, but trying to look at it structurally it just doesnt feel that thought through.

5 years ago

"It is a child, but it's not my child"

5 years ago

Only good part of the whole trailer.

5 years ago

Its a taunt to the fanbase and its original creator. I like it
However you can see the extra´s reaction was a bit fake

5 years ago

Looks good, i'm going to watch it in theater.

5 years ago

Sonic itself looks baaaaaaad. Which is kinda bad if it's your titular character.

5 years ago

Sonic's eyes are way too small and he's too fluffy. But after watching the trailer, that's the least of their problems.

5 years ago

Wow, 90s references.

5 years ago

why are sonic's teeth like that????? why are his teeth so HUMAN???

5 years ago

I found that a bit weird as well

5 years ago

Who the hell greenlit this whole project.

5 years ago

Wow, a contender for the crap level that was Super Mario '93 movie...

Another dumb carrey performance.

5 years ago

Mario Mario and Luigi Mario are innocents!

5 years ago

I'm getting a latest-lex-luthor vibe from that performance, there's not much hope in it improving the movie

5 years ago

Aside from the look of Sonic and Dr.Robotnic not being egg shaped, it does look like it could be someone entertaining/funny... But yah, they really should not have made this movie. Something like Sonic should be animated if anything.

5 years ago

The only reason I'm still interested in this movie is because I like Jim Carrey. Sonic looks disgusting. The movie will probably be average, so I guess that's a step up from previous videogame movies.

5 years ago

I like it. Jim Carrey looks amazing. Sonic looks a little weird but I can dig the whole "talking animal befriends a human" thing. Reminds me a lot of Alvin and the Chipmunks. Seems like a cool little funny (if a little generic) flick. But hey, let's all do what humanity does best: hate on something together.

5 years ago

I don't find it disturbing. I find it trash.
Jim Carrey looks cool though.

5 years ago

Can this be worse than Uwe Boll's films?

5 years ago

What is Paramount trying? I'm still confounded by the decisions that led into this thing being made. I honestly expected Jim Carrey to carry the movie and make it somewhat enjoyable but that train seems to have left already.
Also, they managed to put a song I like into a movie where it doesn't fit at all, at this point I'm wondering if they're making this thing purposely cringy.

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

You could have used a more realistic Pikachu

View attached image.
5 years ago

I feel like they are trying to make Sonic community even more weird, liek putting more logs into the fire, let the Sanic fanbase spread and infect everything :3<

5 years ago

Carrey has really hit rock bottom.....and kept drilling deeper, probably looking for Nick Cage.

5 years ago

What is even real anymore?

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.