So i want to buy a pc and this is my wishlist https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XPcZ9W
Tell me if you would change smth

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

It's a good budget pc?

View Results
Yes
Ofc no
D:<

It'd be easier if you tell us what resolution you'll be playing in + graphics settings you want to achieve :) Otherwise this is a pretty solid build :3

7 years ago

well the resolution 1920x1080
and >medium graphics

7 years ago

The 1060 should be more than enough for your needs then :) Are you planning to upgrade in the future? I'd keep the single 8GB stick then just add another one in the future if you will :3

7 years ago

Yea! thats what i want :D i want a future upgrade for some things but for now i think that 8gb stick its ok.
so thats why i dont buy 2x4GB because i dont have more slots after :D thanks

7 years ago

Np :) Glad to be of help.

7 years ago

Don't just buy one stick of memory, buy a matched pair if you're only going for 8GB then get 2x 4GB sticks.

7 years ago

But if i would upgrade for + 1 8gb ram stick ?

7 years ago

You really need 2 matched sticks of memory (both packaged together) You can install one stick of 8GB but you'll only be running on single channel when you really need dual channel, thus the matched pair of memory. Plus if you want to add another 8GB to the one you're considering at some point in the future they it could cause problems, it's never a good thing to mix n match.

7 years ago

As far as I know as long as you get the the same stick of memory with the same brand and clock speed it should be fine :) Used to run a single stick of 8GB in my old rig and didn't run into any problems.

7 years ago

Yea thats what i know too but im not very good at pc parts so i dont say nothing . i will get more information about this thanks

7 years ago

Even the same brand of memory isn't always the same unless you buy a "Matched Pair". You can run only one stick but then you're restricting ya self by only running Single Channel instead of Dual Channel. You can mix and match memory but it's not a good idea in doing so as it's not always the same even if it's the same brand and clock speeds.

7 years ago

Is there a particular reason why you should go dual-channel over single-channel? I've searched about performance comparisons over this and the difference is negligible if I remember...

As for the additional stick, I'll have to search more on that but OP please take note that I too am not sure about this :)

7 years ago

It's always best to have 2 matched sticks than just the one stick. So if you want 8GB then buy a pair of 4GB sticks. The slots where the memory goes are set to run at Dual Channel (unless you're running Triple or Quad Channel) so Slot 1 and Slot 3 on the motherboard are linked as are Slot 2 and Slot 4, so having 2 sticks of memory this is where you'd put them, it's not just a matter of sticking them in anywhere.

7 years ago

It improves bandwidth. Like any other bump in memory performance (for gaming) it's about avoiding the occasional bottlenecks which tank your minimums, not pushing dat headline FPS.

7 years ago

i would drop the Cooler Masyer Hyper 212 and invest that money on a B150 motherboard

like this one

7 years ago

The motherboard and the case are the only ones i already bought D:
oh i sould wait more

7 years ago

Unless he needs the features of it, I don't think you'd need a B150 board :) + the 212 is cheap and efficient anyway.

7 years ago

Oh cool then thanks! :D both

7 years ago

well the biggest one is having only one single Memory channel.

but i guess its allright.

7 years ago

If you already bought MB, then change memory to 2133 MHz, since H110 can't run faster memory. (Bad choise of MB, tbh) And i'd prefer Kingston (the matter of taste i presume). Also if you buying box version of CPU you dont need extra cooler fan (default intel fan is more than enough to 6400, just bought 6500 box to my office, runs well). Or you can save your money if you buy OEM CPU. And i'd prefer ASUS 1060 (matter of taste again)

7 years ago

So i should remove the cooler ? and save the money for something else?

7 years ago

Using the same cooler now and it's bretty damn good honestly. Be prepared to change the fan at some point though, as it will start wearing in a few month's time to around a year. Recommend something with dual ball bearings or proper fluid dynamic design.

More on that from Linus, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORPfV5VC_dU

7 years ago

Thanks for the advice i will take in count :D
and i appreciate it

7 years ago

Yes. Definitely.
Dont forget about memory. Look for DDR4 2133 MHz. It's cheaper also.

7 years ago

Or you can keep the cooler, but change CPU to OEM version. It's about the same savings.

7 years ago

Thanks dude :D ur awesome

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

2133 MHz cap, only 2 memory slots, only few usb 3 ports, etc. (honestly, i dont remember more, it's been a while since i researching difference without chipsets, but i do remember that after the research i had not even one thought about buying it (and i'm veeery greedy person))

7 years ago

Well its too late D:

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Only if you throw away your old pc and buy completely new every time. I understand that for last 20 years the world changed and upgrade have much less sence then years ago, but i still trying to buy pc that i can upgrade 1-2 years later at least partially. With h110 it's not an option.

7 years ago

Memory should really be dual channel, also afaik that chipset only supports upto 2133mhz so if that's cheaper, etc, etc. It's generally fine though, lack of a SSD would drive me insane but YMMV :)

7 years ago

Yea i know thanks :D :)

7 years ago

Yep, looks like a decent budget PC to me.
Add another stick of RAM and an SSD in the future, and you're golden.

7 years ago

Thanks bro! it really helps ! :D

7 years ago

It's a good build, the single stick of ram isn't really an issue, I would recommend 1 stick of 8 gb ram anyways if you're going to upgrade. Just try and get the same ram sticks if you upgrade (though sometimes different Brands/speed does work (it'll run on the same speed as the slowest ram stick)).

7 years ago

Yea i know thanks for your opinion i appreciate :DD

7 years ago

IMO the most useless part is the cooler, the most missing part an SSD.

7 years ago*

So i should remove the cooler? and save the money?

7 years ago

I think that the CPU you specced comes with a cooler, and in that case it should be enough for now. Only replace it if the noise annoys you or the CPU heats up too much, and even then you can get a cheaper cooler IMO. You're not buying a K (overclockable) CPU version and the CPU you get is relatively low power, so there's no point IMO in getting a monster of a cooler.

And really, I'd add a 120GB SSD for around $40 (although around $60 for a 240GB one would be nicer). Put the OS and the everyday software on it (browser, etc., whatever you use). While having some space for games on an SSD in nice, just having the OS boot much faster and your browser start quickly etc. will make a huge difference in your experience.

7 years ago*

Well cool then :D can i ask you something? its this i5 better than any i3 or there is a good i3 to buy than this i5?(sorry for my explanation)

7 years ago

i3 is good enough for most games. You can check out some benchmarks at TechSpot.

It will be less good than the i5 in the long range, I think. There are already games which don't like having just an i3, and if AMD's Zen CPU's are successful, developers will likely start assuming a large number of cores.

Still, I think it's decent enough for most games, so depending on what you need it could be a good choice. Look at those TechSpot benchmarks.

7 years ago

Yea i will buy some SSD too :D

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

i wonder why ppl with a low budget are getting intel instead of amd

7 years ago

Nearly 700$ its not a low budget and why to buy an AMD if there is intel for every budget event the lowest one?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

True

7 years ago

well, what has intel to offer?
i would pick the fx8350 over the i5 6400 any time

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Lol

7 years ago

you cant be serious... i smell intel fanboyism

7 years ago

Eh, it depends on what you want. The i3-6100 needs third of the power and it is about 20% faster in single-core operations. The FX-8350 is about twice as fast for multi-core calculations though.

7 years ago

The i3 6100 beats the FX 8350 in most games. In the long run that may not be the case (devs are moving towards using more threads) but it's still true. The 8350 is more expensive, and even more so if you get the Wraith cooler version, while the 6100 is about half power and doesn't need such a monster cooler.

All in all, I'd say that buying an old AMD at this point is not that smart. If you really want AMD, wait for Zen. Otherwise, even a Core i3 is generally better for games, and offers an upgrade path that the AMD chip doesn't. The only reason to an FX chip is if you really must have a PC right now and you'll be running something that makes good use of the cores for the majority of the time. I imagine that's true for 0.000001% of people.

7 years ago

AMD's current line is very outdated. They have postponed Zen way too many times. To the point where you can find somewhat stronger Intels on that low-budget segment. Zen hopefully changes that, but it needs to be released first finally…

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago*

Well some of them are good changes
but the MB and the Case i already bought :/ (i dont think it's a big difference) and the RAM it's useless higher frequency because my MO can't take just 2133

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 years ago.

7 years ago*

Good, thanks for the advice :DD

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

pick 6GB 1060 not 3GB

7 years ago

Some people told me the same thing. and i think i will do that :) thanks.

7 years ago

Mayby second hand parts ?

I5 3 gen non k ~ 50 OC to 4GHZ to have performance i5 6500
Mobo for OC P67 /Z77 - 60
16 Gb ram - 45
1 TB HDD - 25
R7 260X 2GB - 40
Medium detail 1080P 30+ FPS in newest games
Any used good model not older than 1-2 years - 40

300 * depend to local prices :)

and
Case from 1 - 10 $
Monitor LCD 1080P from 20 - 40 $

Final Price around 350$

7 years ago*

I saw on internet that is not good to buy pc parts from second hand :/
I dont know what to think about this :)

7 years ago

This is like with second hand cars ;)

About second hand parts:

• high end GPUs is lotery very often faulty ones can show artefact after some time ;/
  • entry lever GPUs are mostly in good shape
  • PSU do not buy to old
  • CPU if very low chance to get faulty one ;)
  • Motherboards low chance to get faulty ones.
  • HDD/ SSD if you see results from HD TUNE / SSD life you know if they are ok :)

But My last 4 PC was second hand around lest than half price of new ones :)

I buy like 5-6 R7 260X buy cheap clean resell with profit only Asus brand was faulty with artefact but I sell it anyway with profit working without off artefacts after lowering rams to 1200mhz ;P I have this in item description when selling
My only Buy R9 cards Was MSI R9 290X Gaming for 95 again problems with artefacts but I waiting for thermal pads to replace old ones iF this not help I need sell it for lower price
I do not want lose money ;)

7 years ago*

Drop the cooler. Your CPU will be well enough with a stock cooler. If you really want a 3rd party one, then the 212 EVO is vastly outdated by now. Get a Cryorig H7 instead. Same price or cheaper, better at cooling, and it is smaller too (quite important unless you have a larger case). (There are other coolers that are cheaper and better in performance, but this one stands out the most. it is the "new" 212 EVO for a while now.)

7 years ago

Yea remove the cooler i forgot to update the list form the treath :/
Thanks !!

7 years ago

I agree with him. CPU coolers are a waste of money unless you are overclocking. I've built 3 gaming pcs and never needed one.

7 years ago

Thanks for the advice :D!

7 years ago

Wow ! I bought my PC for 850€ (in France) or 900+$ with a 960 GTX 2GB, 8GB of RAM and i5-4460. Why is it so cheap in the US ?

7 years ago

They don't have VAT. There is local tax on products, but it varies from state to state and it is generally lower. There are other factors too, but this is the most prominent one.

7 years ago

Oh ok, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info ;)

7 years ago

Im not from US, and i have same prices here, it's maybe because you don't build it? or idk, just saying, if yes, i reallly dont know
But that's way too much money for that specs :/

7 years ago

Well, I built mine from a similar websit, piece by piece.

7 years ago

Oh i dont know then, the other parts are important too on the price:) Like the Motherboard

7 years ago

I use the same case, and it's very clean looking but has a few minor issues.
1) The top radiator clearance - you can fit a dual 120 fan and radiator AIO up there - but it will be tight. The clearance for aftermarket Fan coolers is also very tight - stick with the OEM cooler. I got a Nepton 140XL for my rig (http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/nepton/nepton-140xl/) and the bloody thing only fits in the front fan slot despite what it says on the website, and the holes are not in line so it needed to modifications.
2) It picks up dust bad. My case is fully closed for optimal temp, we vacuum every day, and my wife is OCD about cleaning - seriously she makes hospitals look like a pigsty, but this case still manages to collect dust on the outflow holes so bad it needs cleaning every 2 or 3 days.
3) don't forget that his case has 2 2.5SSD slots on the back plate as well as 2 on the top of the PSU sleeve. if you use 3.5 HDD's you are limited to 2 only unless you buy some mounts.

7 years ago

Oh damn, the most annoying thing on a case it's the dust man, i just hate it, i hoped it will not have this problem D:
Sh*t. well, it happens, i think i will have some work with it :/
The other ones i really dont mind all that stuff for now xD
Thanks for the advice !!:)

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Yea i know, and thanks!

7 years ago

Just wanted to chime in that I think an SSD is worth it. I'd vote for ditching the regular hdd and just go for whatever size SSD you can afford. I'd trade down in graphic card to get SSD if you can save enough cash to do so.

At that price point you might watch newegg to see if they have some pre-builts that might come close to matching your needs. Sometimes decent gaming machines show up there.

Don't forget the cost of OS also.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.