Pandora's is a new Exclusive Group!

Looking for admins/mods too, PM!

Why Join?

• Loot (Giveways)

Rules?

• Only EXCLUSIVE Giveways - That means only Giveways with only this group are allowed, per say no Whitelist or another group should be added when you are creating a giveway. That means all the loot is for Pandorians!
  • SG Rules - That means don't be a scumbag win multiple copies of the same game and activate every game you won.
  • 2:1 Ratio- That means for every 2 games you WIN you need to give one! This doesn't mean you need to go giveaway the game ASAP after winning 2 in a row, it just means that you need to maintain that ratio.. as in you gave 4 games? you can receive up to 8 for example! You can check your ratio here
  • -200$ is the maximum amount of negative Value Difference you can get! - It's pretty self explainatory, although if you gave you 100 games that difference may be -$250
  • Giveway atleast 1 Game worth 10P per month - This prevents inactivity and amps the loot volume - Also you should post your giveway on Steam Group Discussions
  • No Region-Locked Giveways - Unless it's only tied to some countries or regions for example only Locked in Germany or in Japan but the Key/Gift is open to the rest and most majority of the world
  • Be Active and Present on the Discussions - This is not quite a rule, but it would help a lot if we can discuss rules, changes or suggestions together as a group
  • Minimum duration of GA should be 1 Day - So everyone or most people can join

Requirements to Join?

• SG Level +5
  • DON'T Enter any giveaways until your first giveaway is over!
  • Speak the basic English - If I want to talk to you or any member wants to talk to you we should have no language barrier
  • Clean SG Profile - This means you should "Activate All the Gifts" and "No Multiple Wins"

Here's some Loot to everyone! Apply down below after reading and agreeing with the rules. Let's make Pandora great again! We'll build a wall to keep out leechs from here!

🦄 STEAM GROUP | SG PAGE

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is the 10 points bundled or unbundled?

7 years ago

Bundled! :)

7 years ago

I can probably manage that...

7 years ago

I'm sorry you want an invite? :b

7 years ago

how do you loot without opening "the box"? :P

7 years ago

what if the box is like the loot itself man

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

bump

7 years ago

Nice idea.
Also, I think your rules should really have something like :
You can't have more than +10 (or +15) gift diff !

Or your group will die from (gift diff) point starvation if one or more members make giveaways with gift diff counters keeping increasing over time.

7 years ago

I don't think i understood the last sentence.. it's just like my other group but twice as "chilled"

7 years ago

I will give you an example of the issue that might happen.

4 members have +50 gifts and aren't entering GAs.
Total gift diff : +200

40 other members have reach -5 gifts because people aren't entering their GAs anymore.
Total gift diff for those members : -200

Next month everyone make their monthly GA but noone is entering GAs, eventually some of 4 members enter one or two GAs of interest but that is it.
Almost of members can't enter legitly any GA because of gift diff starvation : all +1 gift diff points have been stored in those 4 members counter.

That is why a max gift diff is required in exclusive groups. Otherwise there is no more circulation of gift diff points (that are actually used here as a kind of currency).

This is a problem quite related to issues in capitalism with unco-operative tax havens countries that prevent circulation of accumulated currencies...

Now, this is not necessarily alarming, as a new group can always be created again ! :P

7 years ago

wow that's quite interesting really, but why wouldn't they enter the giveaways? Usually the people that give really much usually enter just as much even so to get the "+1" game..
Anyway it's pretty interesting analysis that I would never thought about, if I see this becoming a thing I will act asap on the max gift diff! Thanks! :)

7 years ago

Usually the people that give really much usually enter just as much even so to get the "+1" game.

Nope. If the site had "CV levels" for won games, you'd be surprised in the difference compared to the contributor distribution curve. Not to mention having at least one entire group on this site dedicated to entering for only games they are committed to play.

7 years ago

You're a exception ok ! :P Not bad ratio mate!

7 years ago

Not really an exception. There are quite few people in the level 7–10 range with even more extreme ratios than me. Don't forget that people actually have to fuel the low-level scene, otherwise "leechers" would be mathematically impossible to exist on the site. What Omicron told you is a very real problem in ratio-based insider-gifting groups, as eventually they polarise around gifters only and winners only segments.

7 years ago

Thanks a lot for the advice, not really sure what can I do against it, probably the max gift difference should be a thing in the near future :/

7 years ago

This is an application :)

7 years ago

Got an invite! :)

7 years ago

Thank you! I think we should wait a little to make giveaways?

7 years ago

Yes! When we reach like 50 members or so we can start :)

7 years ago

Okay :)

7 years ago

Can I sneak in?

7 years ago

Sure, mate! :)

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Just finished this episode today! Going to the last season!

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

Can you get kicked from the group without notice/explanation?

Sounds good!

Edit: Thanks for the nice train

7 years ago*

If you are refering to the Intense group you were kicked due to no monthly in December, its stated in our "records".. it was also the month that wasn't sent out any notice due to many general group announcements and reminders, and due to many members failed to do so.. Anyway some members got kicked and then asked us why, we explained and they came back after doing the past monthly GA.

Hope it clears out, any other question feel free to add me

7 years ago

I don't remember when I was kicked but I'd say it was in the very first days of December but I could be wrong. I have a very bad memory and tend to forget dates (and GAs to do... )

Could you please confirm the date? (I don't know how to check it)

And thanks for the explanation. No hard feelings at all; I should have contacted you before regarding this but I wanted no drama.

7 years ago

You're right, it was November's
Kbronct - 01/10/16 - 02/12/16 ~ No Monthly Giveaway

7 years ago

I had several with unlucky-7 and I thought that perhaps I had forgotten to create an exclusive one for Intense but I have checked now:
November 4 to 6: I didn't even get 5 entries ! :(

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/vlwaT/insurgency

7 years ago

That's not exclusive because you added whitelist, if you didn't it would've counted even if it didn't reached the 5 entries :p
And the winner end up being from the group :p

7 years ago

Ok, I hadn't thought adding WL as not exclusive. Exclusive group, no other groups.
In October I had done every GA this way

Well, my mistake.

Thanks again!

7 years ago

Yeah i get the confusion that's why in october the first month we let it pass the WL+Group :p But the wording was meant to be exclusive to the group therefore only to the group..

Anyway, sorry the things turned out this way, I could also talked! Cheers!

7 years ago

I'd like to discover what's in this box! =d

7 years ago

Hey! Just letting you know about the region-lock, that is not permitted in our group! If you have global games and you want to join please reply so I can proceed :)

7 years ago

Yeah, I've read the rules and already bought the game, Sword of Asumi - Deluxe Edition, worth $15 of bundled CV, as my first giveaway! =D

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

I've always wondered what was in Pandora's Box. Can I get in to find out :-)
I hope it's not death.

7 years ago

Nah it's probably an overly expensive ring, Invited! :)

7 years ago

Thanks. BTW what's the cap for number of users?

Since all gibs have to be group exclusive, I hope the group will be larger than Tents.

7 years ago

Yes, not sure how many yet though probably 120? What do you think? :)

7 years ago

Tents is showing 110 active users according to the stats page, so that's only nominally larger. Outside of monthlies, many gibs on Tents have mulit-group. Without 150-200 members, I would think this group may only have monthly posts. Your group though, so your decision.

Come to think of it, rule says ONLY exclusives allowed. What happens if someone posts a multi-group or +WL gib in the group? Kicked?

7 years ago

Would probably to ask to delete it and read the rules again.. If he doesn't respect well, I would do the same as breaking the other rules, besides that's the first one it shouldn't be too hard (?)

We'll see this is not my call imo, I believe in the power of people, and probably when we get to 100-120 i'll ask in the forum where is our line :)

7 years ago

I would like to join

7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

That gif was wonderful

7 years ago

Sounds good!
I'd be happy to join and make few group exclusives per month,
and more of course if I happen to win something also :)

7 years ago

I'll be happy to have you here! :)

7 years ago

oh look!
another gib group!
cannot resist the urge!
must give gib!
add me =p.

7 years ago

Invited! One more group doesn't hurt they say

7 years ago

Can I join the mysterious world of Pandora?

7 years ago

Yes, sure! :)

7 years ago

fair enough can i enter?

7 years ago

1:1 ratio groups always tend to stay alive for a long time :3

7 years ago

^

7 years ago

Are there any buses in Gensokyo?

7 years ago

No, only trains

7 years ago

I created one that is well alive since September, not sure if that's much, last month we had 1415 giveways total, so I guess its alive :b

7 years ago

come back when you have celebrated 2 years without much personal change

7 years ago

Im not even around for a year :p Didn't noticed it was sarcasm at first, damn brain :(

7 years ago

Question: How many members are you looking to have at the most?

7 years ago

Not quite decided on the final number, probably between 120-150?

7 years ago

And with that number how many entries will be in GAs you think? It seems you have some experience with another group.
Never been in gifting group. Mainly because tough rules, but your seems quite affordable.
I'm just thinking i can continue create and stay in high level GAs on public with same amount of entries or not same?

7 years ago

In my other group it has an average of 30~ entries, some giveaways may have 5 others 100 if mixed with another groups, this one is exclusive so I think it probably the average is going down to 20/15 probably, but it depends on the giveaways and on the members currently :)
If your question is do I win more than in public giveaways? Yes, way more, I think I average 2-4 wins a day in good days.. If your question is do I get 5 entries to get CV it depends on the game itself, if it is common people won't enter, if it's isn't people will enter :)

7 years ago

would like to join it :D

7 years ago

Welcome aboard!

7 years ago

I'd like to join. I got a map. ;)

View attached image.
7 years ago

View attached image.
7 years ago

We have the same Games shown on the Profile! Waat

7 years ago

What can I say.. I'm a fan of the Borderlands. I think you're too, right? :)

7 years ago

I'd like to apply.

7 years ago

Welcome! :)

7 years ago

Any chance of raising the level to 5 or 6 since the group is brand new, or at least setting the rules so that you need a positive win/sent ratio on SG to get in?:)

7 years ago

As of level I think I like giving 'newbies' a chance as ratio I'm considering the ratio when inviting :) That means worse ratio lower priority

7 years ago

Would like to join :)

7 years ago

I'd like to join, please!

7 years ago

Bump as thanks for train.

Regarding the rule "Giveway atleast 1 Game worth 10P per month - This prevents inactivity and amps the loot volume - Also you should post your giveway on Steam Group Discussions"
Can I like throw out 2x10p one month and it's counted as 2 months' "work"? Also, may be a stupid question, but 2x5p does not equal 1x10p right?

7 years ago

No, its suppose to be a monthly to keep people from giving away all the games and then wait for the ratio to fall (win ga's).. if everyone did that in 2-3 months there wouldn't be giveways because all the people already give their monthlies.. that's why atleast 1 giveaway needs to be steady and a kind of a "process" to people giveway games through time and the group doesn't end up without giveaways in a few months..

Not sure if i was clear enough but it's pretty simple if you think about it, you don't give a yearly allowance to your kid because he will spend it in a month, that's why you give it monthly so next month he will still have enough income to buy his stuff..

As for the second, no, 10P really means 10P, as it's suppose to be the "big" one, it's only once a month and I rather have a "meaningfull" giveaway that people would care, than 2 games people wouldn't really want to participate.. Not always of course but usually the more expensive the less "shitty" it is. The only exception would be unbundled games i think, still not decided yet.

7 years ago

Yeah, just had to check, if I get low on money the coming months.
Any chance one could get an invite?

7 years ago

Sure, i'll put you up with some candidates, you can always save some games for the future :)

7 years ago

Applying (゚∀゚)ノ

7 years ago

Invited :)

7 years ago

Hello,

Got your contact info from Steveywonder75.

I'd like to apply for Pandora SG membership.
I'm already a Bundle Quest member in good standing.

Hope for a positive reply,
Thanks.

5 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by GodFeelling.