Introduction
... Actually the Birthday Dog gif at the end should have been at this point, just look at it and act like it was right under Introduction...
Main event is over, there are still unanswered questions however, if you feel like getting some minor games for free.

Riddle me this

• Question 0 - It's found on 2 giveaways that ended before this event began. It's been quite some time and no one answered correctly yet. The answer is literally written in this thread tho (that's hint #5). You can answer this question/puzzle in this thread. Altho it was written in 2 different giveaways and answers there will be valid either way. See here: Chatter Section - Wells Soundtrack
  • Mystery Question I - This is a question only a true Final Fantasy fan can answer, if you can find it that is.

Riddle me this - Notes

• Ninja Question - Games Category on Steam for me that says 24k+... happy hunting for titles in that. Oo (leaving this here, altho no one even tried to answer the ninja question as it lasted, trying to guess a game that is going to be given away seems too hard, even tho i'm giving away a series of games, but yeah - too late people!)
  • Questions 2-28 - can be found on each giveaway ending in June and are part of this event. It's always the same question, but the answer may differ from giveaway to giveaway. You can see where to find each question on the table (notes section).
  • Mystery Question II - can be found on one of the giveaways (not noted on table, happy searching ^^).
  • Bonus Prize Hints

Bonus Prize Winners

1. Question - When is my birthday?
    • Answer: 10 June. Correctly answered by DrTenma, their prize: SUPERHOT.
    • The only way to find out was to search the forum for a thread with basically the same name as this one, except for a different year (2017 instead of 2018). Wrote it there about a year ago.
  2. Question - ???
  3. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Final Fantasy III)
    • Answer: It's the third entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by Raidus, their prize: 12 is Better Than 6.
  4. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (War for the Overworld)
    • Answer: It's the unofficial Dungeon Keeper 3 most were waiting for, after the official continuation was canceled. Correctly answered by holy0pie, their prize: CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR.
  5. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (FINAL FANTASY IV)
    • Answer: It's the fourth entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by msboring27, their prize: Sanctum 2.
  6. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Grand Theft Auto IV)
    • Answer: It's the fourth entry in the Grand Theft Auto (main) series. Correctly answered by urbanus, their prize: Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ.
  7. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City)
    • Answer: The standalone DLC to the fourth entry in the Grand Theft Auto (main) series. Correctly answered by bmcfluff, their prize: Horizon Shift.
  8. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (FINAL FANTASY V)
    • Answer: It's the fifth entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by caitsith2, their prize: Deep Dungeons of Doom.
  9. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Shadowrun Returns)
    • Answer: It's the fifth (official) entry in the Shadowrun video game series. Correctly answered by Fluffster, their prize: International Snooker.
  10. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (FINAL FANTASY VI)
    • Answer: It's the sixth entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by belfry, their prize: One Finger Death Punch.
  11. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6)
    • Answer: It's the sixth entry in the Resident Evil / Biohazard (main) series. Correctly answered by MrRiouS, their prize: Pixel Puzzles 2: Anime.
  12. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (FINAL FANTASY VII)
    • Answer: It's the seventh entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by oblueknighto, their prize: Dead Effect.
  13. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Distrust)
    • Answer: Released on 8th month of 2017. Correctly answered by stoner5252, their prize: Psychonauts.
  14. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Final Fantasy VIII)
    • Answer: It's the eigth entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by oclaymoreo, their prize: Steam Heroes.
  15. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (FINAL FANTASY IX)
    • Answer: It's the ninth entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by Wolfedood, their prize: The Return Home.
  16. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster)
    • Answer: It's the 10th entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by wincore, their prize: Added to Whitelist.
  17. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (King Arthur's Gold)
    • Answer: Game was released in the 11th month of 2013. Correctly answered by ubercruiser, their prize: Battleplan: American Civil War.
  18. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Monday Night Combat)
    • Answer: Monday Night Combat released in the year 2011. Correctly answered by bs3n, their prize: DISTRAINT: Deluxe Edition.
  19. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Rise of the Tomb Raider™)
    • Answer: It's the 11th entry in the Tomb Raider (main) series. Correctly answered by Pitot, their prize: Gold Rush! Classic.
  20. Question - ???
  21. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (FINAL FANTASY® XIII)
    • Answer: It's the 13th entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by Tewam, their prize: Chompy Chomp Chomp.
  22. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (FINAL FANTASY® XIII-2)
    • Answer: It's the second game of the 13th entry in the Final Fantasy (main) series. Correctly answered by Superfabs, their prize: 12 is Better Than 6.
  23. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII)
    • Answer: . Correctly answered by RavenWings, their prize: Pixel Puzzles 2: Space.
  24. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Back to Bed)
    • Answer: Back to Bed released in the year 2014. Correctly answered by Arcsurvivor, their prize: Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut.
  25. Question - ???
  26. Question - ???
  27. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Farming Simulator 15)
    • Answer: It's the 2015 entry in the Farming Simulator series. Correctly answered by Alshadur, their prize: True Bliss.
  28. Question - What does the title being given away have to do with the end date? (Hero of the Kingdom II)
    • Answer: Hero of the Kingdom II released in the year 2015. Correctly answered by Masafor, their prize: Of Carrots And Blood.
  29. Expanded Questions...
    • Question 0 - ???
    • Mystery Question I - ???
    • Mystery Question II - ???

Planned
Planned were a lot of giveaways but to make it simple: at least 1 unique game every day and copies of some games (most copies in May, most value in June).

Timetable
This event runs from 16 May to 15 June (technically starting 7 days earlier due to start date of the first giveaway). May offers mostly lower value games and June offers mostly higher value games.

All times and dates are germany-based, see this for reference: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/germany

• Giveaways end mid day (12:00 on a 24h clock), doing all checks and giving out prizes may take from several hours (especially inside the week) to few days. On occasion manual (!) winner checks and prize delivery will take several days, especially when running into the support ticket limit (20 per 24h).

This thread will stay open until all questions have been answered or all bonus prizes been awarded, whichever happens first. If any questions are left unanswered, they will be answered by me at that point. Hints for the remainder of questions may be dropped, every now and then, after official end date (15 June).

Rules
How to participate in each of these giveaways?

1. Follow the general 2 rules of SteamGifts:
    • no multiple wins
    • all wins have to be activated on your own account
    • these will be checked via sgtools.info for every winner prior to giving a prize.
  2. Otherwise it depends on the nature of the giveaway, these are planned:
    • Public: Meet level requirement, that's it (will be level 2-only for all of May).
    • Group-only: Playing Appreciated group, with level requirement ranging from 3 to 10. See this for more info: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/playing-appreciated (link to apply is found on the right side).
    • Whitelist: Additional people might be added to whitelist in case the 5 minimum entries weren't fulfilled around end of giveaway.
  3. Bonus Prizes - Questions or Puzzles might be asked that award Bonus Prizes, how to get them:
    • Have a public profile (that includes the new sub-option, change it in your profile here: https://steamcommunity.com/my/edit/settings)
    • Answer a question or solve a puzzle, then put the answer/solution in the comment section of where you found the question/puzzle (thread -> thread comments, giveaway -> giveaway comments, et cetera).
    • Don't edit your comments, your answer will be ignored when finding a winner.
    • Answers outside SteamGifts will be ignored likewise.
    • Accept my friend request on Steam (DaichiKurosawa on Steam), after 24h of waiting or being ignored/blocked, i will choose a different winner (wait time might be longer depending on how much time i have and how many correct answers there were).
    • There is a list of prizes you choose from. If getting a copy of a game (you already own) i'm not responsible for when a key doesn't work anymore, as you are supposed to activate it asap (as fast as possible) after receiving it.
    • If i'm out of bonus prizes, i'm out of them! There were about 33 bonus prizes when this event started.
    • Every person can only win a single bonus prize, this is to make it fair due to "easy" questions, that can be answered by anyone.

Additional Notes
While i don't expect it, everyone is free to contribute and do their own giveaways pointing back to this thread.
I will try to include all giveaways active & past that were dedicated to this thread in a table (after mention & link in your giveaway, leave a comment with link to giveaway, to be added in table).
Massively reduced my wishlist lately and you will now mostly find stuff i enjoy in there, if you... you know. :P

Giveaways

End Date Giveaway Level Type User Notes
16 May Touch My Spinner (50 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
17 May Mirage: Arcane Warfare 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
17 May FaceRig 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
18 May Mystery of Unicorn Castle: The Beastmaster (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
18 May NASCAR Heat 2 - October Jumbo Expansion 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
19 May Timbertales (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
20 May Archery Blast (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
21 May Paddle Battle (50 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
22 May Weable 2 (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
23 May Tank 51 (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
24 May Armada Skies (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
25 May Trigonometry (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
26 May EXIST (50 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
27 May Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune Collector's Edition (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
28 May Sos i Pie Sos (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
29 May Space Rocket (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
30 May Spinning Around (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
31 May 123 Slaughter Me Street (50 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
1 June Darkout 2 Public DrTenma -
1 June Kairo 2 Public DrTenma -
1 June The Mims Beginning 2 Invite-Only DrTenma -
1 June Pester 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 2
1 June Planetary Annihilation: TITANS 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
2 June Master Spy 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
2 June NBA 2K17 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
3 June FINAL FANTASY III 3 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 3
3 June War for the Overworld 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 4
4 June FINAL FANTASY IV 4 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 5
4 June Grand Theft Auto IV 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 6
4 June Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 7
5 June FINAL FANTASY V 5 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 8
5 June Shadowrun Returns 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 9
6 June FINAL FANTASY VI 6 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 10
6 June Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 11
7 June Ancient Planet Tower Defense 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
7 June FINAL FANTASY VII 0 Whitelist JohnXenoSmith -
7 June FINAL FANTASY VII 7 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 12
8 June Distrust 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 13
8 June FINAL FANTASY VIII 8 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 14
9 June Deadlight 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
9 June FINAL FANTASY IX 9 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 15
9 June Holy Potatoes! We’re in Space?! 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
10 June FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster 0 Whitelist JohnXenoSmith -
10 June FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster 10 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 16
10 June Shoppe Keep 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
11 June King Arthur's Gold 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 17
11 June Monday Night Combat 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 18
11 June Rise of the Tomb Raider™ 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 19
12 June Hero of the Kingdom (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 20
12 June The Last Remnant™ 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
13 June FINAL FANTASY® XIII 3 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 21
13 June FINAL FANTASY® XIII-2 6 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 22
13 June LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY® XIII 9 Group-Only JohnXenoSmith Question 23
13 June Scanner Sombre 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
14 June Back to Bed 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 24
14 June Blackbay Asylum 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 25
14 June Real Boxing™ 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 26
14 June Scrap Garden 2 Public JohnXenoSmith -
15 June Farming Simulator 15 0 Whitelist JohnXenoSmith -
15 June Farming Simulator 15 6 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 27
15 June Hero of the Kingdom II (5 Copies) 2 Public JohnXenoSmith Question 28

Too Long Didn't Read (TL:DR)
Look at the "Giveaways" table, check back often.
Good luck to everyone and have fun!

Updates/Edits
Will write here whenever there are updates to this post (forum shows creation date & last edit dates, if you scroll over the respective characters,this won't tell you what happened in between however).

1. Update (6 May): Short story short - work -> sick -> wasted day -> steamgifts -> all-nighter -> done -> feeling terrible -> time for vacation -> no time to prepare...
  2. Update (18 May): More sub-titles added to thread (Riddle me this, Riddle me this - Notes) also "Question 0" and "Next Questions", another rule added to 3 ("Answers outside SteamGifts will be ignored likewise."), which should have been obvious from the previous rule already. End of Timetable written in bold, put into list function and added more text. Comments are read on a daily basis, new giveaways & winner curation (of question/s) coming over the weekend, still too busy today for more than winner checks and prize delivery.
  3. Update (19 May): 1st Contribution to my event added to table. Thanks very much for that!
  4. Update (20 May): Giveaways for 26 May to 31 May added to table.
  5. Update (21 May): Rules -> 3. -> some text added with the fifth point.
  6. Update (22 May): Bonus Prize Winners moved below Riddle me this - Notes and added first winner / answer to question 1 and how you got to the answer. Rules -> 3. -> some text added with the sixth point. Question 0 linked to a giveaway in question... come on people, this is basically answering itself already! A small part added to Question 0, for clarities sake.
  7. Update (23 May): Bit added to Too Long Didn't Read (TL:DR).
  8. Update (24 May): Riddle me this -> Ninja Question added to thread. Seventh point added to Rules -> 3.
  9. Update (25 May): Riddle me this -> June questions added (to giveaways). Riddle me this - Notes -> Questions 2-12 "hint" added (more like explanation). Eigth point added to Rules -> 3. Giveaways (table) updated.
  10. Update (27 May): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 3 and 6 winners added, placeholders for questions lacking a winner.
  11. Update (28 May): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 7 winner added.
  12. Update (28 May): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 5 & 11 winners added.
  13. Update (1 June): Introduction -> text added (how could i forget...). Riddle me this -> Ninja Question removed (as there are no more unknown giveaways coming), Mystery Question I added, Riddle me this - Notes -> some text to everything added, Mystery Question II added. Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 8-10 and 12 winners added and changed "his prize" to "their prize" (not everyone is a "he" and reading he/she/it all the time is hard on the eyes), also placeholders for every existing question added. Giveaways -> Giveaways for June 2-15 added. Too Long Didn't Read (TL:DR) -> ninja removal. Fixed something, i thought was fixed before. Some typos & table fixes.
  14. Update (3 June): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 14 & 27 winners added.
  15. Update (5 June): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 15 winner added.
  16. Update (6 June): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 4 & 13 winners added.
  17. Update (9 June): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 16 & 21 winners added.
  18. Update (10 June): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 22 winner added. Timetable first sentence removed as it serves no purposes anymore. Updates/Edits first paragraph updated a bit, as i noticed some wrong info given.
  19. Update (15 June): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 18 & 19 winners added. See also: Bonus Prize Hints
  20. Update (16 June): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 23 winner added.
  21. Update (19 June): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 24 & 28 winners added. The link to "Bonus Prize Hints" added to Riddle me this - Notes.
  22. Update (26 June): Some text added to Introduction explaining that main event is over and questions still need answering. Category changed from General to Puzzle.
  23. Update (29 July): Bonus Prize Winners -> Question 17 winner added.
View attached image.
5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Satisfied with this ~~cake~~ event?

View Results
Yes
No
Birthday Dog is great!
The contents of the cake are a lie!

Snooping points to June 10th. Enjoy your vacation!

5 years ago

Almost certain your b-day is 10th of June. :)

5 years ago

🍰 June 1st 🎂

5 years ago

June 10th.

5 years ago

June 10th

5 years ago

Happy Birthday!
Huh?
Is it June 10th.
It was too early.
(ノΘ`)っ🍰 🎂 🍧 🍮 🍩 Let's frozen.

5 years ago

Arigato gozaimasu.

5 years ago

douitashimashite :)

🎆🎆🎆🎆

5 years ago

Probably 10th of June??

5 years ago

May 26th? Probably not, but I wish you a happy birthday whenever it happens to come!

5 years ago

Danke.

5 years ago*

June 10th

5 years ago

June 11th?

5 years ago

June 10th

5 years ago

June 10th and a happy upcoming birthday to you. Whitelisted and seeing if I have any games to giveaway as part of your event! Any requirements you'd prefer? :)

5 years ago

Dankeschön and sorry about not answering your question... must have missed the question mark. ^^'
It was actually explained from the very start of the event under first paragrah of Additional Notes.

5 years ago

June 14th

5 years ago

June 10th seems most likely :)

5 years ago

Happy Early June 10th! ;) bumpy

5 years ago

yup, my detective skillz lead me too to June 10th

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

I guess 10th of June

5 years ago

Bump, how was your vacation?

Contribution: Public:
[Darkout](https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/N8FUq/darkout) Lvl 2+ | Ends on 1st June
[Kairo](https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/OUO9l/kairo) Lvl 2+ | Ends on 1st June

Invite only for people who actually got here:
[The Mims Beginning](https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/FxdWZ/the-mims-beginning) Lvl 2+ | Ends on 1st June

Schönes Wochenende und frohe Pfingsten!

5 years ago

Thank you very much. ^^ Added it to table / first post.
And as i told someone else, in a giveaway, my vacation was more work than anything... beside getting headaches and feeling beaten most of the time thanks to sickness which is still lingering.

5 years ago

Happy B-day, thanks and bump! :)

5 years ago

Danke sehr.

5 years ago

Another pre-birthday bump!

5 years ago

10th June.

5 years ago

Has been some time since people looked into this thread. Check out Question 0 and Ninja Question, also first june giveaways coming today.

5 years ago

bump

5 years ago

Happy Early B-Day, JohnXenoSmith! 😎

5 years ago

Danke vielmals.

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.