Because of the Ukraine HB, there are very many GAs from my wishlist right now, and so many ending today that I'm rationing points, spending them on the GAs with the best odds for me, dropping any GA more than a day out, and calculating the 24 points/hour as I look at each wave of GA endings.

Is anyone else having the same experience?

Everyone's generosity is keeping me on my toes! Thanks, folks!

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Same here. I am also trying to enter the ones that will end sooner than others. Well, with my luck I shall lose and wait to
get more Points.

2 years ago*

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
But... I don't follow how losing would get you more points.

2 years ago

Oops it sounded that way. I shall wait to get more Points :D

2 years ago

sorry i don't get the point of this thread is to say your entering giveaways?

2 years ago

Probably to make you enter your first ga
Do it

2 years ago

no

2 years ago

ROFL :))

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

It's conversational... this is a community of people with shared interests and experiences, so I'm sharing my experience tonight to hear others reflect theirs.

But to answer your question, yes.

2 years ago

yeah, had a hard time yesterday juggling with my points and decided today to just buy the damn bundle to have more points for the other GAs, because most of them now have good odds too and i rather spend my points on rare GAs

2 years ago*

Used to be pretty much every week when the HB bundle was released. Good times.

2 years ago

Good times indeed, there used to be endless streams of GOOD giveaways, before IGN ruined Humble, before profitors ruined bundles in general, and most importantly, before Valve ruined Steam.

And it was even better earlier, as points generation used to be proportional to the cost of new giveaways being created, rather than a fixed rate (it was changed literally the day you registered), so we also used to get more points than we'd ever be able to spend.
With a bundle the size of this, we'd probably get a full 400 points refill every few hours.

2 years ago*

Good times indeed, there used to be endless streams of GOOD giveaways, before IGN ruined Humble, before profitors ruined bundles in general, and most importantly, before Valve ruined Steam.

Yeah nothing ever improves, does it?

(it was changed literally the day you registered)

LOL I remember that well. Everyone was bemoaning the change.

2 years ago

I thought of it more as of an avalanche, but yup, same experience
Keeping an eye out for best odds, unentering giveaways that are ending days from now, and so on :p

I was disappointed yesterday with not winning anything despite spending so much points and 72% win chance, but then I won 2 games today.
I suppose this feels like unintentional community train in regards to almost everyone winning something. ^^

2 years ago

"72% win chance"? Show your work.

2 years ago

I had a 80.88% win chance on Mar, 19 mainly from entering a lot of GAs that had 5-30 entries. A user named aaaveritt posted a bunch of NA region-locked GAs around 5am EST when most people in the region were asleep. I only won 1 game (Metro Exodus) from that lot. Several people had 2 wins. 1 user got very luck with 4 wins!

View attached image.
2 years ago

Boo!

View attached image.
View attached image.
2 years ago

Dear Esther is really good too, it's actually considered to be the very first walking sim.
I've played it and it hold up really well for it's age, and if you finish it and start it again, you get completely new dialog up to 3 playthroughs excluding the directors commentary. The graphics are gorgeous and a lot of objects are randomly generated giving each player a new and different experience to make up the holes in the story with the objects.
Talking about it makes me want to play it again, actually...

2 years ago

Wait, really? The very first? :o
Not surprised I don't know this, I haven't paid much attention to walking sims back when it came out.
And fortunately, you don't need to encourage me to play - I've been entering giveaways only for games I want to play for a long time. Still, a recommendation brings such a game closer to the top of backlog :p

2 years ago

Same here....used almost all my spare points. But hey, no complaining :)

2 years ago

Bought the Bundle so, I can't say I have issues anymore with this. I wanted to help, so it was totally worth it.

2 years ago

same, i'd rather pay the 40 bucks, help Ukraine, get ALL the games i want in return, don't have to deal with points juggling and not getting anything at all

2 years ago

Not everybody has that amount of money and I can perfectly understand it. It's a lot of money in some countries that pays for their food or bills. Some of us, who don't have to struggle that much financially can get to make such sacrifices.

It's sad to see that the most willing people to help others are the ones that barely have nothing.

2 years ago

I burn all my points knowing I won't win anyway.

2 years ago

That's the spirit!

2 years ago

that's why i bought the bundle today, instead of afterwards, after i burned all of my points and got nothing

2 years ago

Wish I could, but my hours got cut, my car lease is up in a couple of months and there's really only one or two games on it I want. Rather burn my limited funds on Elden Ring or something.

2 years ago

i was never a fan of AAA games and there were about 10 games or more i wanted from the bundle, so for me it's definitely more bang for the buck

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

The wishlisted GAs, changed from 4 before the bundle to (constant) 50 after.
So the difference is a bit extreme :D

2 years ago

Right?! I don't think I ever had a scroll bar on the wishlist view before today.

2 years ago

This is the first time in a long time I've seen the "Not Enough Points."
Fortunately, there are only two games I'm interested in playing or I would be having significantly more trouble.

2 years ago

Yeah, I'm excited to use all my points up for a change! XD

oh dang, I just got three of those games in a trade just now, winning

2 years ago*

Thanks for the tip, I always forget to check for new GAs when there's a new bundle lol

2 years ago

So, you're complaining about having giveaways to enter?

2 years ago

No....
Maybe you missed the "thanks, folks" at the end?

2 years ago

Same here.

I generally enter all the giveaways for games on my wishlist, and then use up most of my extra points on random interesting giveaways ending in an hour, that have less than a thousand entries.

Within 16 hours of this bundles release, i'm now consistently out of my points while entering only giveaways ending in the next hour, and less than 50 entries!

Soo many great games in this bundle. Really horrible event that inspired it, but always awesome to see the beauty of humanity in response. Even if minimally from the comfort of their home.

2 years ago

Yea, it had been awhile since Humble had a great run of games, which they did this month.

2 years ago

first time in months ive had 0 points. i would buy the bundle myself but ive already donated a few times to charity's. if i donate any more ill become the object of charity.

2 years ago

Just you wait, Fanatical will have a charity bundle soon too.

Yes, I did notice the increase in games. Although I bought the charity bundle, there were other bundles floating around at the same time that I did not buy, so for the first time in a while I'm not sitting on 300+ points.

I've also noticed that people are "broke" right now. I did a few giveaways from the bundle, and imagine public giveaways having entries in the single digits!

2 years ago

Im entering every single "Slay The Spire" GA I see and my points cant keep up LOL.

2 years ago

Maybe also try This one ;)

2 years ago

tips hat

2 years ago

For awhile my points would just sit at 400, but with the Heroines bundle and the new Ukraine Bundle my points quickly have been depleting. I'm not used to seeing so many wishlist GAs lol. I've spent as many points as I could on Celeste, Scarlet Nexus, Back 4 Blood, Sunset Overdrive, Vagante, Satifactory, Starbound, Severed Steel, Cloudpunk and Gears 5. Then I try to squeeze in ones for Pikuniku, Inmost, Pathway, ToeJam & Earl, Shing and a few others when I can. NeEd moAR pOInTs!! lol

2 years ago

Celeste - invite only

(And also a full train coming afterwards)

2 years ago

Nice! Thanks for the chance :)

2 years ago

Yeah! I even won that one game I really wanted! Wanna play it ASAP
Really looking to get that This War of Mine or Book of Demons now! xD

2 years ago

I have added you to my whitelist. Now you have a good chance ;-)

2 years ago

Woah :O
Thank you, much appreciated!

2 years ago

We need loan shark of points!

2 years ago

That would require a virtual leg-breaking option.

2 years ago

My stats show I entered 69 GAs yesterday, a new high.

Who has me beat?

2 years ago

I don't have this problem, because I gladly purchased this bundle. Mostly to give support to Ukraine. :)
Vault boy stand with Ukraine :D
💙💙
💛💛

2 years ago

hoping to win few game as well this season. Trying my luck for book of demons and spyro.

2 years ago

Brace for round 2? :p

2 years ago

How so? Oh, the Fanatical bundle you mean? :)

2 years ago

I was expecting to find the new bundle just now, but I don't see anything yet.

2 years ago

It launched just now :)

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.