Cann't choise what game is better. Wallet say I can take only one of them. I'm lost in choosing, tell me in your experience who played both.

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

What better?(Poll Requires Games to Vote)

View Results
Fallout 4
Prey
Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

This one is good, still have working disk with her

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

I know cheaper place with row for 2 $ https://plati.ru/itm/prey-2006-steam-key-row/2189133

4 years ago

can i activate the physical version on steam? i found some cheap local deals of it :D

4 years ago

It really depends on what you like. Fallout is a pure sandbox, it has weak story and writing (prolly weakest of all Fallout games), but you can go anywhere you want and do anything you like, Prey, despite being very unlinear, is not an open world, it's very complex and connected experience, you cannot go anywhere you want, you gotta first unlock ways to get there, it's also very focused on atmospere, lore and worldbuilding - it's what some call "immersive sim", game where you get real impression of presented world. Think fo Bioshock, Dishonored, Deus Ex - it's something like this, while Fallout 4 is more like Skyrim in postapo world and whithout most of RPG elements ;p

All that being said - Fallout 4 is quite good sandbox, but weak game, Prey is an excellent game, so if you like the genre I'd totally recommend Prey.

4 years ago

Thanks for the extensive answer

4 years ago

Evil Within

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

both are good, but for me fallout 4 because of exploration, world, atmosphere.

4 years ago

Definitely depends as zelghadis says, but my personal op is Prey.

4 years ago

It really depends on what you like as these games are very different (despite them being in first-person).

Prey is more of an action title. You CAN craft items, but it is generally for survival.

Fallout 4 may not have a better story than Prey, but is pretty much a zelghadis said: a sandbox game.
In addition to regular combat, you can also use your Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System (V.A.T.S.) to try hitting enemies depending on percentages.
For the sandbox portion, you can build up settlements by creating buildings, defenses, stores to purchase and sell items at, crafting stations to build or modify your own gear, weapons and chems.
Fallout 4 also has the ability to be modded to add certain items, insert new quests, change the atmosphere of the game and other sorts of stuff. If you want to check some of this out, go to https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4 . The mods are free to use.

4 years ago

Didn't quite like either. This coming from someone who loved the Fallout franchise up until 4 and loves Prey 2006.
But if I had to choose one, I'd say Prey.

4 years ago

Thanks to all who expressed their thoughts. You helped me decide. Even though I love exploring, but as a whole, Prey is the most suitable for me.

4 years ago

Weakest Fallout bar 76 vs a good Prey :D.

4 years ago

Closed 4 years ago by FuriousOverlord.