https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/7eznE/kromaia
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/50ukm/surgeon-simulator-2013

Day 18 Part 2
Out of the hotel, off to Jonker Street for lunch. Melaka is a historic city, with Chinese, English, Dutch, and Portuguese influence (having been conquered multiple times by multiple nationalities). Lots of various ruins from the 1600s-1800s lying around.

Lunch was at Hoe Kee for the famous chicken rice balls - a must eat in Melaka. I think the chicken rice in Singapore was better though :P. The rice balls are totally just a novelty.

Then I just took a walk down Jonker Street area to see all the shops and sights. Random bodybuilder statue. Oldest Chinese temple in Malaysia. Not sure what these are called, but there are a bunch all around the place you can hire, decorated with Hello Kitty, Pokemon, Frozen, etc.

Time for more food! East & West Rendezvous for their Nyonya Dumpling. Very similar to the Chinese zongzi, but with natural blue coloring and some kind of ground meat mix inside. Very good, would definitely eat more. And then I got a chendol for dessert from some cafe right at the mouth of Jonker. This was actually quite bad. Lots of toppings, but the taste was really off - I thought it was because I just didn't like chendol, but later on, I got some more from a more renowned place and it was definitely much better.

PS: Out of town from tomorrow until Nov 7

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

No emergency themed GA

ಠ_ಠ

6 years ago

Fine, you win!

6 years ago

Mmm. Those chicken rice balls look tasty.

6 years ago

6 years ago

Ain't an emergency, also lacks the 11th of September gifs.
Wat?

View attached image.
6 years ago

Some of those pictures bring back my memory, though I didn't explore the cuisine side as much as you do.

And have a bump.

6 years ago

My heart goes out to the victims and their family and friends of the terror attack near ground zero, yesterday. Some of them live(d) not that far from where I live in Belgium. Thankfully the New York emergency services; be they fire, medical or police are very good.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.