My current chair which is IKEA Markus come to an end, the material is peeled off, I can't adjust it, the up-down thing stopped working, etc. I bought this chair for 70-80€ several years ago, a new one like this cost 150€...a way overpriced imo, sure it worth's up to 100€, but definitely not 150€.

I don't have that much money to get a 200€ chair for example, and is really hard to find a good PC chair for less than 150€ or less than 100€, I have a very little experience with chairs, and I don't want some cheap shitty chair, like the ones I can find on local stores. I need a chair with good back support, headrest, no cheap plastic and decent or good material. I'm also 1,80m tall, so it needs to have at least like 175cm of backrest I think judging from my current one.

There are "racing" variants, like this or this one, then typical office chairs like that or "ergonomic" ones like example1, example2 or example3, these last 3 use different better material but they're made of plastic, and all they look similar or same but the price differs, but ppl say this ergonomic is very comfortable.

There is lots of chairs, and the way I normally buy is, I look reviews on youtube, read opinions, etc on internet, but in this case there is too much chairs and reviews are made only for the very expensive ones 150€+, local physical stores offer only overpriced crap, so it's difficult to choose, also all chair seem very similar but the price difference can be huge, so it's confusing, besides if I see one is made from plastic and another from metal.

I don't have money for brands like DXRacer, Herman Miller, etc, because they're too expensive, they don't offer any budget chairs sadly.

Also I added the GA \ (•◡•) /

GA Added \ (•◡•) / this is the game One Way Heroics, I recommend you entering only if you actually like turn based Rouge-like games with anime style(there is some Tsundere elf girl).

I still didn't bough a chair, so you can still recommend :) But this one convinces me Speedblack, 150€, after using IKEA Markus for years is hard to choose something same comfortable, but better quality and better adjust-ability, (Markus don't really have good adjust-ability).

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Here is a poll also to chose a private GA I will make in future

View Results
One Way Heroics
Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete
Supreme Commander Gold Edition

what chairs you have? Maybe there is something good you use.

9 years ago

i have the same as you right now. i have it for about 5 years now and it's still fine. i was a bit shocked about the currrent price. i had only ikea chairs so far, so i can't really give you an advice

9 years ago

I have the Vilgot/Nominell combo from IKEA. And I just noticed that apparently I installed the Nominell armrests the wrong way around, though I kind of like them this way.

9 years ago

This one looks very solid, but I think my head will be higher that the backrest.

9 years ago

Yes, it doesn't have a headrest. I don't actually need one, so I don't care. But it's very solid, quite comfy, and it was just within my price range.

Also, the instructions seem to say the armrests can go either way around, so I'm good. :D

9 years ago

I got one from Carrefour, 59€ comfortable. Office style. Not exactly like that, but pretty similar

9 years ago*

It's small, and the material is not really good, my brother has a similar one, but smaller, not for me, I wanted a little more expensive one,

9 years ago*

I looked up online for chair producers and found one not far from my workplace. dropped in at closing time, left with a great chair that's still going strong 10 years later. priced €200 in the shop, I got it for €90. no clue of the brand though. worth looking up for outlets in your area maybe ;)

9 years ago

I looked in outlets around my area, but never found anything good :/

9 years ago

shame. can't help with your decision, but the chair in the first link looks great to me ;) good luck with your search!

9 years ago

I use standard office chairs, though I usually try it out first to feel if its comfortable. I don't have any extended experience with other types of PC chairs, sorry. If I had to choose, however, I'd probably go with either a standard office chair or one of those so-called "racing chairs." I have yet to find an ergonomic chair which I found to be comfortable and felt stable enough to support my weight.

9 years ago

El problema de esos materiales es que la piel dentro de un tiempo empieza a despelarse, por eso queria algo mas caro. Lo unico que veo tantas sillas que nose elegir bien, porque quizas pague mas por algo que no cuesta tanto, sin saberlo.

9 years ago

ami me va sin problemas, no creo que la piel se estropee rapido, yo tambien mire las que pusiste pero yo lo que busco esque sea una silla robusta y los reposabrazos aguanten, por ejemplo la primera que pusiste mira la forma del apoyabrazos se puede aflojar y irse abajo, la segunda ya pinta mejor aunque los agujeros y el cambio de tela hace que tenga mas costuras y puede ser un mayor problema.
mira tambien segun lo que peses el peso soportado y segun las horas que heches, en algunas webs ponen un calculo recomendad para que la silla te dure.

9 years ago

Si, pero como use durante años el IKEA Markus este tiene un matrerial mejor, y entonces pues coger uno con peor material nose, esta silla me duro un monton la verdad.

9 years ago

How about getting a lounge chair like one you'd use in a living room? Looks out of place but these things are forever and awesomely comfortable. Office chairs become flat over the years.

9 years ago

In reality office chairs can tolerate plenty of usage, and offer ergonomic (back) support that I M in desperate need of.

To the OP: You should buy the racing chair....it should be a part of everyone's man-cave. It looks much more expensive thanits price suggests

9 years ago

You mean one of the ones I linked can be good? I found the same chair form my first link, but cheaper on eBay, shipping price is not shown, but I guess it will be cheaper anyways than buying from PCComponentes with shipping. And the backrest is 73cm, should be okay.

9 years ago*

My desk is high to a chair like this I think, and also it doesn't really makes you sit straight

9 years ago

I have a chair from my dining room table. Wouldn't really recommend it since its reaaaaaaally uncomfortable after sitting in it for 30+ minutes, but a chair is a chair right?

9 years ago

A chair is a chair, but your healthy back is not the same as unhealthy back, I mean if you keep using a bad chair and sit on it for several hours everyday, you probably will destroy your back other time by time, and that is not recoverable. For now you may feel great, but not sure about future.

9 years ago

Yeah I've been trying to get a chair with actual cushioning and support for the longest, and my mom really wants this chair back downstairs. I'm having the same issue, looking for a chair as well lol

9 years ago

The ergonomic ones I linked should last much longer.

9 years ago

Switched to standing desk a year ago. It's been awesome.

9 years ago

I have a Need4Seat one - I won it on twitch raffle :D: I'd never pay 300€ for a chair, but as it was free... and I must admit - I've never seat on anything more comfortable :D:

9 years ago

Still no chair is convincing me, the one from my first link cost much cheaper in Germany and in eBay, and after going from IKEA Markus I don't feel like buying something worse looking, I think this one convinces me Speedblack, 150€... :/, it doesn't have armrests, but for me should not matter, on the other side it will only help siting more straight on the chair, and it perfectly fits the back structure. Ah, typical for me, planing to buy something between some price range and then going more up, because nothing convinces me :P

Too bad where I live i can't simply go to some store, there is not what I need :/

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.