So what games did you nominate, and for what?

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

6 years ago

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award - Dishonored
Because you can finish the game without killing anyone

The “Choices Matter” Award - Fallout: New Vegas
You can make some choices in the game that has (small) impact on the quest

The “Haunts My Dreams” Award - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The dreams or nightmare is more about the Dragonborn not be able doing stuff without mods.

The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award - Planet Coaster
This game can make me happy. If I am thinking about spaghetti, I am thinking about creating stuff and that is what you can do in this game

The “No Apologies” Award - Undertale
This seems like a game that people find it weird that other people like. This can also be a good choice for the "the world is grim" and "choices award" You can finish the game without killing anyone. Multiple choices, even when you reload your save

The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award - Saints Row IV
Causing chaos in the city with your powers

The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award - Borderlands 2
There are many obstacles to conquer

The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award - Lucius
Quote: "be it human, alien, anthropomorphic cat people, or even a piece of produce". This boy isnt fully human

The “Defies Description” Award - Tomb Raider
For now a random game chosen. It is very hard to find the game that fits, among thousends of games

The “Labor of Love” Award - Cities Skylines
This game has been out for a while. It is about your creativity to build a city. The devs also support the game by making more and more DLC's

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award - Hitman Absolution
For now a random game chosen. It is very hard to find the game that fits, among thousends of games

The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award - Deponia

The “Best Rerelease of Nostalgia” Award - Cat survival
Kittiefriends

Fallout 4 | Disaward: The developer that doesn't know what a RPG game is
EA | Disaward: There making children gamble and ...................

6 years ago*

The “Labor of Love” Award - Cities Skylines
The devs also support the game by making more and more DLC's

hm, I wouldn't consider DLC milking as only positive. I'd say a better fitting title is Terraria that released in 2011 and still gets big updates fully free with no DLCs at all.

6 years ago

Your are right. Dlc milking. It depends on the game. Basegame Cities skylines also includes some free updates
By comparison, terraria might be a better fit.

But we both know that a random game that doesn't fit the category will be awarded. It is not a very big issue, just like last year.

6 years ago

a random game that doesn't fit the category will be awarded

Yeah, you are right there. At least Terraria made it to the finals last year and could have a chance besides possibly Starbound and Titan Quest.

6 years ago

I have no idea what to vote. The awards make no sense and some of them are memes for valve and gaben fanboys. Not interested in that.

Voted KF2 on the peace category, voted bad rats in bad rats category.... and then a bunch of games I like.

6 years ago

6 years ago*

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award - Oxenfree
The “Choices Matter” Award - Prey
The “Haunts My Dreams” Award - Dead by Daylight
The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award - Bioshock Infinite
The “No Apologies” Award - Alice: Madness Returns
The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award - Transistor
The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award - Slime Rancher
The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award - Bastion
The “Defies Description” Award - Duck Game
The “Labor of Love” Award - Starbound
The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award - Sonic & AllStars Racing Transformed
The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award - Pyre
The “Best athmosphere” Award - Bioshock

If i could id give Pyre all of em.

6 years ago

I think these categories are shit - or I dont know what to nominate lol. I actually nominated a few games that I havent even played yet haha.

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award — Pharaoh + Cleopatra (although there is some conflict but I always tried to ignore armies in those games, I loved building shit, watching the transformation, managing production, city layouts etc, a MUST PLAY game if you havent :))
The “Choices Matter” Award - Divinity Original Sin 2 - gotta play it but looks great
The “Haunts My Dreams” Award — TES Skyrim Special edition, because of mods - also, fuck Creation Club
The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award — Witcher 3, I have yet to play it but I loved 1 and 2 and I love the world + books and from what Ive seen and heard Ill love this one even more
The “No Apologies” Award — GOTHIC 1 --->to this day one of THE BEST games ever made, with features that some AAA games today dont have
The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award — Borderlands 2 - just a ton of fun, especially with friends
The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award — FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage, cause driving with a purpose to wreck everyone is awesome
The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award — Rock of Ages 2 : Bigger & Boulder Hilarious game, worth it just for the cutscenes
The “Defies Description” Award — Sacrifice, great game with an amazing voice acting cast
The “Labor of Love” Award — Dying Light
The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award — Gothic II: Gold edition - the best in the series and one of the best games ever made
The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award — Grim Dawn
Write in category : The " Best Early Access game" Award - 7 Days to die

6 years ago*

I've pretty much filled up all slots with different Sakura titles.
Did I do it right, Valve?

6 years ago

According to my interpretation of these categories:

“The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” - Farming Simulator 17 (category for friendly co-op game without killing anyone; game that doesn’t involve combat or conflict)
“Choices Matter” - Life is Strange: Before the Storm (category for influence the story and how it will end game story)
“Haunts My Dreams” - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (category for multiplayer or not you will play this game a lot and time will fly because It's so good)
“Mom’s Spaghetti” - Friday the 13th: The Game (category for horror game)
“No Apologies” - Crush Crush (category for multiplayer or not you play that game often and you will be condemned for that by others)
“Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” - Football Tactics (category for alpha, beta or early access development and has the potential for a great game)
“Suspension of Disbelief” - Cuphead (category for a weird game where everything is allowed, a lot of things do not make sense and you enjoy it very much)
“Soul Of Vitruvius” - Rise of the Tomb Raider (category for best rendered character in that game - Lara Croft)
“Defies Description” - Rocket League (category for "weird" game I can't describe it, just play it) - resemblance to “Suspension of Disbelief”
“Labor of Love” - Euro Truck Simulator 2 (category for still getting support and new content after all these years)
“Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” - Hollow Knight (category for impressed by game even though you did not play it)
“Even Better Than I Expected” - West of Loathing (category for you did not expected to be good but you gave game a chance and was surprised) - resemblance to “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0”
and Write in category - “Old but not dead..... yet!” - Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad with Rising Storm

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

6 years ago

Will be revealed at the Christmas/Winter sale, I think.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.