I cant really make fun of an entire group of people if I am not even willing to watch 5 seconds of the show they inexplicably like. So I thought I would give it a go, but I need some advise. First off, what is the minimum number of shows that a perspective watcher has to watch to give it a fair shake? Should I know by the end of episode 1 if I love it or hate it? Also, going to watch it, there is some confusing complexities. "Color Corrected version of iTunes Australia RAW by ZR", What? Is the Color Corrected version important, what is it? Is the Australian version better? What why RAW? Is that just to denote no dubbing and subbing like normal (normally it is for foreign anime, but I think MLP is in English)?

Thanks in advance.

Also: http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Friendship+is+magic.+Found+on+facebook_c1284c_4640474.jpg

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Umm, 4-5 episode I guess. I'm pretty sure the show is originally in english, so raw should be the original english version.

9 years ago

I hear you have to watch 5 episodes. And don't watch the opening credits, I cringe and get extremely flustered and embarrassed when I watch it. Just skip the opening credits and watch the literal episode.

9 years ago

Color corrected is a version that has corrected colors since itunes and a few other places tend to slightly screw up the colors or make them slightly washed out. A RAW is a unaltered version of a file before the color corrections and file compression. A RAW episode is normally 400-600 MBs for 720p and 700-900 MBs for 1080p. With compression I can normally get it down to 200-250 MBs with no noticeable loss in quality at 720p.

9 years ago

OK, Good to know.

9 years ago

Big episodes. All these other cartoon shows often come in at like 60MB.

9 years ago

just don't go to deviantart

9 years ago

I would have gone with "Never read the comment sections", just to be safe.

9 years ago

No no no no, see, this is how they 'get' you!

I did the same thing and once you get past the first few episodes of hackneyed old kids show tropes, it actually starts to grow on you. I recall the first thing in FiM was a two-part story that introduced the characters but with a certain degree of Captain Planet cheese. If you still don't like it a few episodes after that, it's probably safe. The episodes are pretty hit/miss, but the main reason for watching is how adorable certain parts are. Remember it's a kids show and don't go in expecting much~

Failing that, you can always fall back on cartoons with more appeal to older audiences. Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors, Regular Show. It's all good <3

9 years ago

AT is like my favourite tv show. I was not blown away by the pilot of BW, but just dled the first season to give it a try.
Also getting ready to try RS and Gumball.

9 years ago

Just remember to separate the series from the fandom. Looking too deep into the fandom may dishearten you. It's a fun show, and it was able to make me laugh at times, more than I can say from many shows nowadays. I'd say watch the first 4-5 episodes, to get an idea.

9 years ago

Just watch 3/4 episodes, if you like it you're gonna watch all the season 1 in one go. If not, don't force yourself to watch more than that.

BTW: kudos to you for watching before criticizing.

9 years ago

Comes in ready to BLAM, sees picture

Good man.

9 years ago

What? No heresy?

9 years ago

Evidently, Houdini is just a big marshmallow - all soft & fluffy

9 years ago

9 years ago

Nice knowing you

9 years ago

I've watched a number of episodes with my children. It's not -bad-, and neither are furries in general in comparison. The stigma you're pulling here is from the self-proclaimed bronies who take it too far (Same as why someone might always think yiff when they think of furries when it's not a fair representation). They're a fandom at the end of the day, and you need to look past them to see whether it's good or not to you. Personally I like the show. They've got a bit more attitude so they don't go all Care Bear on you, which is enough for some people.

9 years ago

I enjoyed it when I watched a bit of it.

I wouldn't really seek it out to watch, but to be fair I don't really watch TV.

And yeah, 5 episodes is definitely enough.

9 years ago

1 episode is enough to know that it a childrens show, a girls children show if that.

Watched one episode to see what all the pizazz was about and I regret wasting that time.

9 years ago

If you don´t mind the cheese topics of the show and the awful... but well made cute songs is a totally enjoyable cartoon... but the songs... wow... they are so awful and cheese... too much love... too much joy...

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.