looking for cpu that will suit my budget..

intel cpu's is not on my list (its just too pricy for me).

but if some how it is better that the other then ill consider it too

EDIT: title changed...

Piledriver or Bulldozer?

what do you think do i need to get for an average gamer like me?

im sorry that im a bit late on whats new on technology but thanks guys for some good info about whats new..

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

You gave no information and AMD is cheap because it is junkware. Get an i3-#### at least.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

-1 AMD is great! The Black Edition CPU's give me really great O/C results

1 decade ago

bro fist AMD friend

1 decade ago

Intel still beats OCed AMD processors.

1 decade ago

I still run a Phenom 9850 BE and it can take every game thrown at it. I bought it in 2007. How is that for junkware?

1 decade ago

gaming? get i5-3330

Don't get those faildozers for gaming

if you can find phenoms get those

1 decade ago

intels are horrid at gaming, you have your facts wrong

1 decade ago

Lol?

1 decade ago

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

That's an APU, don't get an APU. Just get the CPU and a Video Card

1 decade ago

Unless you have a servere budget.

1 decade ago

Regardless, point still stands. This is performance of all these CPUs relative to that APU. Didn't realize it at first, either way. AMD is all good and dandy if you're on already on an AM3/AM3+ platform. But if you're building from scratch there's really no reason to go AMD at this point in time.

1 decade ago

Trinity is much improved, thats not even the newest gen.

1 decade ago

Well sir, I think you should state your...

1 decade ago

They both kinda suck. The X3XX FX series is much better than the X1XX series and the F2 platform is likewise so much better. It also depends on your needs. The A8 is an apu, meaning it has integrated graphics. If your getting a separate GPU, go wit the FX series.

Edit: a 6300 would be as good as a i3 3220. Its about 5% less in single thread performance, but in multithread apps the 6300 wins. Though the fx series has been reported to "stutter" during game. Frame rate will suddenly dip for half a second for no reason.

Edit2: Do you live near a Microcenter (in the US)? They have a deal where you can pair any am3+ mobo and FX CPU and get $40 off.
However, this deal also extends to the i3-3225 and i5-3570k and any 1155 mobo. $40off. I got my i5 there.

1 decade ago

Oh boy now the CPU battles start all over again... Oh wait this isn't new Facepalm

I'm running nothing but a all AMD based system and enjoy it with no problems.

1 decade ago

No battles...only facts really.

No fanboy nonsense ..Sure AMD works fine, but its still worse on a technical basis, really is no disputing that, I like AMD, great company, had many AMD CPU's in the past, truth is what they have released as of late isn't all that impressive. Benchmarks don't lie...

If its for gaming he is better off saving a couple dollars more for an i3.

1 decade ago

Really? fanboy nonsense you say? Its not that at all.... Its just that I prefer AMD over Intel for gaming and I'm not bullshitting you I just got this system recently and its all AMD based. I've owned an intel system and can say that I did enjoy it while it lasted over 7 years...

I've owned a AMD/ATI GPU for over 5 years and still enjoy it so my expect of AMD/ATI is high even to count for my lifetime warranty's with XFX

If I was to ever build or buy a new system I would most likely only get a AMD based with XFX items and intel would be my last pick.

P.s. Little late here so spelling could be a problem lol

1 decade ago

Fanboy nonsense.

Comparing 7 year old intel processors to current gen AMD ones.

1 decade ago

And your point? I mean I have no problem running anything?

Shit I should give you a fucking badge that say's "Fanboy of Intel" for all of this fanboy crap lol

1 decade ago

My point? AMD is not worth it at the moment, honestly I have no ill will against them, you seem to have some for Intel though.

Most of my computers have been AMD based actually. Intel is better currently, this can change at a dime.

You're the one that seems like the fanboy here.

1 decade ago

Shit lol I have no problems with Intel lol like I said I liked it for the last 7 years of my last system but now I moved onto AMD and have had no problems... Games run smoothly all maxed out

I should also note: I also do maintenance on a intel I7 laptop that was also recently picked up and don't have any issues I can bring up about it at this time...

1 decade ago

Good for you...

Honestly I am unsure why you are arguing then? You think because you own an AMD system its better then Intels offerings even when there are benchmarks that prove that wrong.

I am not bashing AMD, not sure where you even got that, right now Intel is in the lead performance wise. Sure I beleive you when you say it works smooth for you, it probably does fine, BUT Intel is the better buy right now. Benchmarks

"we're almost-shockingly left without an AMD CPU to recommend at any price point."

1 decade ago

And my problem with them benchmarks is that they're posted "12:00 AM - January 30, 2012"

Is it just me or is that a year old now?

1 decade ago

AMD FX8120 is listed right on it with the i3 out performing it.

Better?

1 decade ago

Agreed +1

1 decade ago

But thats not a effect of AMD.

Right now, the Intel chips are just simply better for gaming, which can be seen in plenty of benchmarks at any site. And while it runs no problem for you, it tends to bottleneck very easily, and it will impact when you have crossfire 7870s. This can be a problem for those who want the best experience.

Also, there is really no good reason to go for AMD right now because it costs the same price as Intel.

1 decade ago

also still can't see how I'm the fanboy here after you called me out for being one after your first comment to me for just stating "I'm running nothing but a all AMD based system and enjoy it with no problems."

At the moment all I was stating for the person is that I'm running a AMD based system and have had no problems with it.

1 decade ago

You misread my post.

Read it again, I did that later since you sounded like one.

1 decade ago

^aha fanboi. I'm a fan of AMD for the past 14 years and I currently have a AMD/ATI main rig. Their new processors sucks and my phenom 965 OC can beat those lame-O APUs and their buggy faildozer. Its a fact and reality today, AMD sucks for gaming

1 decade ago

Exactly...its sorta hard to fight facts.

But thats what fanboys tend to do, I probably shouldn't let it get to me... :-/

1 decade ago

Thanks for the fun i'll be back later after some rest to see if I can come up with anything else.... Muhahaha!? I guess

1 decade ago

So you're a troll, got it.

See ya.

1 decade ago

No not a troll in this case lol but thanks for noticing that I do troll

1 decade ago

Right, night then.

1 decade ago

Awww don't wanna tuck me into bed? =(

1 decade ago

So is this gonna happen?

Don't flirt if you aren't gonna follow through with it.

I am a sensitive man.

1 decade ago

Walks Away

This shit just got scary O.O

1 decade ago

You'll be back, they all come back....

1 decade ago

O.o

1 decade ago

Boys time for be-...Oh my god.

1 decade ago

I'm using "Potato II 1.00", feeling good

1 decade ago

i need one of those.. :)

1 decade ago

They taste good also.

:-D

1 decade ago

thanks for some information about those cpu's now that i have an idea maybe ill try to keep in mind and or for a look out on i-cores series rather than to amd's but still i for a minimum budget

but since im in a tight budget ill go for AMD.... but which one will i should choose Piledriver or Bulldozer for an average gamer like me?

and what MoBo that they suit better?
sorry that im a bit late on whats new about technology im just too busy this time of year..

1 decade ago

What is your budget? We can probably find the best CPU/mobo for you if you give more information.

1 decade ago

Since you are only comparing those two.
AMD FX8120 black.
For other cpus (AMD/Intel) look at other comments.

1 decade ago

Intel

1 decade ago

Why is the Intel too pricy? The 3570k costs the same as the 8320/8150 and at the very least, the i3-3220 exists so you can always get that.

1 decade ago

this. I don't understand how Intel is too pricy for you when the FX 8320 costs the same as the 3570k that bests it easily in gaming.

edit: Oh I see they dropped the price of the 8320 to remain competitive. Still worth the extra money, but there's always other i5's and i3's.

1 decade ago

Intel is 2nd and 3rd Gen Technology - redesigned motherboard and cpu to work together - direct access to memory + graphics (60-80% performance gain over 1st gen). AMD is still in first generation - the problem with that is it doesn't matter how many cpu cores or speed the processor has, it will still bottleneck and no way to improve it's performance until to catch up with the things around it. While it's great for applications and multitasking, it majorly sucks for gaming performance and a game won't use the CPU Cores to the fullest. Intel i5 CPU - Sandy or Ivy Bridge is well worth the investment with compatible motherboard and high quality graphics card. Currently nVidia is the leader in graphics as well. Results: Lag free gaming on high resolution and ultra textures in gaming - low or no bottlenecking across the system. Don't get i3 for gaming... that I would class as applications only as is the AMD CPUs.

1 decade ago

thank you guys for so much good and awesome info's about INTEL and AMD and im glad that ived posted this thread..
ill list i5 for my budget. and fx 8320.. thanks a lot my awesome forum friends.. im going to close this thread now thanks again :)

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by fixer501.