April 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 April 24th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 May 1st 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

HITMAN 2

• China - China
  • LATAM/India - Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Mexico, Trinidad and Tobago, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, India
  • RU/CIS - Russian Federation, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
  • Turkey customers should receive a ROW key but instead receive a key that they cannot activate (either the LATAM/India one or the RU/CIS one listed above). source
  • Everyone else: ROW

This Is the Police 2

• This Is the Police 2 (LATAM/RU/CN/IN/TR) - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Ukraine, China, India, Bahamas, Panama, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico, Turkey, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand
  • Everyone else: ROW

All subscribers receive a Mystery Game to be revealed on May 1 (Train Valley 2)

If you pause or cancel for the April 2020 Humble Choice, available from April 3rd to April 30th, you will not receive the game.

Bonus Game FAQ

Free DLC to claim:

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition Same content as HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition (Bundle) (Included game has cards) - 59.99 CV sub/272962 0 $59.99
GRIS 96% of 21252 - 🏆 2.55 CV app/683320 W M 0 $16.99
This Is the Police 2 76% of 2865 🏆 2.25 CV app/785740 W M L 0 $14.99
Opus Magnum 97% of 2462 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/558990 W M L 0 $19.99
MOLEK-SYNTEZ 94% of 270 - 🏆 1.50 CV app/1168880 W M L 0 $9.99
Raiden V: Director's Cut 68% of 132 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/570050 W 0 $29.99
Driftland: The Magic Revival 77% of 774 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/718650 W M 0 $29.99
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil 94% of 1206 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/405830 W M L 0 $19.99
Truberbrook 72% of 287 🏆 4.50 CV app/757300 W M L 0 $29.99
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut No user reviews (Included games have cards) - 4.08 CV sub/367817 0 $27.23
Shoppe Keep 2 63% of 1115 🏆 1.50 CV app/684580 W 3 $9.99
Capitalism 2 88% of 157 - 1.50 CV app/638200 W 0 $9.99
Train Valley 2 91% of 975 🏆 2.25 CV app/602320 W M L 0 $14.99

HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition is one key that includes the following:

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Bundled Retail Price
HITMAN™ 2 90% of 12768 🏆 1 $59.95
HITMAN™ 2 - Early Access (DLC) 90% of 12691 - 🏆 0 $0.00
HITMAN 2 DLC app/972342 (DLC) No user reviews - - 0 $ -
HITMAN™ 2 - Himmelstein (DLC) 71% of 14 - - 0 $0.00
HITMAN™ 2 - Isle of Sgàil (DLC) 90% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Whittleton Creek (DLC) 90% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN 2 - Mumbai (DLC) 80% of 10 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN 2 - Santa Fortuna (DLC) 92% of 13 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Miami (DLC) 93% of 15 - - 0 $11.99
HITMAN™ 2 - Hawke's Bay (DLC) 100% of 13 - - 0 $0.00

The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut is one key that includes the following:

Game Ratings Cards Achievements Bundled Retail Price
The Bard's Tale Trilogy 96% of 477 🏆 0 $14.99
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut - Standard Edition No user reviews - - 0 $ -
The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut 71% of 213 🏆 1 $34.99

May Humble Choice - leaks (proven to be only partially true)

Humble Original: Divinoids by Catpad

The game will release with the April 2020 Humble Choice on Friday, April 3 at 10 a.m. Pacific time and will be added to the Humble Trove on Friday, April 10

• Ring of Pain sneak peek (DRM-Free)

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!
Apologies for the mistake: Warner Brothers are the Hitman publisher now, not Square Enix (blame luckz :P)

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Ready for your monthly infusion of Turok & Zachtronics?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] For me, this is a great month. Pausing my subscription is a thought that doesn’t come to mind when I see these games.
[New subscription] Now that’s what I call a real motivation to stay at home! Thank you, IGN!
[Maybe subscribe] I’m interested in a few of these titles, but that’s it. It’s time to decide if I am really willing to pay that much money in order to own them.
[Pause] Damn, I’m normally not one to complain about Humble Choice / Monthly games, but the quality really dropped lately.
[Cancelling] My wallet is in lockdown, just like me.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] The Hitman Standard DLC trap ain't gonna catch me, Squeenix!

It's stuff... But I might really skip the choice for first time...

3 years ago

+1 Its a decent variety, but there's only some games that I'm mildly interested in: GRIS, This is the Police, The Bard's Tale IV: Director's Cut, Capitalism 2. It isn't enough for me to buy this month like I did all the other months Choice has been a thing.

That mystery game reward at the end of the months for subs is a lame upsell too.

Unpopular opinion: Fanatical's Platinum Collection - Build Your Own Bundle has games I find much more interesting in with a base bundle price slightly cheaper than Classic.

EDIT: Was Steam DM'd with C2 key, thanks to jims9350!

3 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Someone might want it for MP.

3 years ago

Not sure how you can compare both bundles.
Fanatical has 3 games for 11 euro.
While HB has 10 games for 12 euro.

3 years ago

Of course strictly speaking on dollars per game Humble Choice is a better monetary value, but that's not what I'm referring to.

If I buy games as someone who has a large backlog, I prefer to buy games that I am very confident I will enjoy rather than a bunch of games that I'm very uncertain of or dont like.

So in this specific case, I am more likely to buy 3 games for $2 USD cheaper which I know I will very likely enjoy rather than 4 games that I am only mildly interested in. Now if I were really on my gift inventory, then this might be a different story, but I'm not ;)

3 years ago

Eh that bundle from fanatical looks pretty weak most of it is just re-bundles. At least the humble choice is giving us stuff that wasn't bundle before.

3 years ago

From the Fanatical bundle, several havent been bundled before. I'm most interested in:

• Abandon Ship - Never bundled

• Outcast - Never bundled

• F1 2018 - Never bundled

3 years ago*

-Abandon Ship - is a third party developers only game, it's not exactly going to excite most people.

-Outcast was given for free , but i guess it wasn't bundled.
https://www.indiegamebundles.com/get-outcast-second-contact-for-free-on-humble-bundle/

-F1 2018 is actually in one of humble bundles build your own bundles currently
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/codemasters-byob/

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Different people have different tastes, and I have a different personal preference than most which I acknowledged by blatantly calling my personal opinion an "unpopular opinion". The only quantitative claim I'm making is regarding price.

So in case you can attempt to imagine personal preferences & situations other than your own, here's why I'm still interested in those games:

• Abandon Ship - I don't even know what "third party developers only game" even means. If you are referring to the listed developer/publisher outsourcing their development to some other company, then I hardly care. I just care that the game provides a good unique gameplay experience, and at least on paper it looks that way, but I fully acknowledge the risk that I could be wrong given that its recent Steam review rating are lower than the overall rating. Given the relatively low supply of decent 3D third person pirate games that are single player, that's a risk/reward tradeoff I'm willing to take for a few dollars.

• Outcast - I was unavailable in that part of November and must've missed the giveaway. That doesn't make the game any less worth it to me, nor did it make it less valuable on the grey market which prices it more expensive than the per game price of the Fanatical bundle. Downloading the game for free (and possibly illegally) from P2P filesharing or maybe some website I'm not 100% confident in is not worth it to me.

• F1 2018 - I saw that Humble Codemasters BYOB, and F1 2018 is the only one I would want from that list because I either have some of the other non F1 games in the list or I'm hardly interested in them.

3 years ago

Sorry, your right not 3rd party, 3rd rate. It's subjective I suppose, and one mans trash can be an other's treasure.

Humble bundle and Fanatical are both my two major sources of keys.. GMG too very occasionally. Fanatical's Platinum bundle is over priced and under delivers, as far as I'm concerned. April's Humble Choice is much better bang for your buck, but since I was able to trade for everything I wanted from it I'll likely skip it as well as the Platinum bundle. This is of course my personal opinion.

3 years ago

not always fanatical has some much cheaper packages, just the humble ones are over 95% off.

3 years ago

I just trade the games I don't want and sell the games I can't trade on Bundle Split.
I paid $7 for This is the Police 2, Bard's Tale IV, Capitalism 2, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary, Phantom Doctrine Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap* and Double Dragon Trilogy
traded Hitman 2 for Street Fighter Anniversary, Driftlands for Phantom Doctrine, Opus Magnum for Wonder Boy, Truberbrook for Double Dragon Trilogy; sold the last 3 games for $5

3 years ago

Bundle Split

Are you referring to a Steam group or a dedicated site? I haven't heard of or been able to search for it, and wouldn't mind looking into it.

If I felt like I was running short on games to trade or giveaway, I would totally do more of it like I have been, but I was recently at a place where I found myself doing less playing of games than I was doing stuff related to gaming. Maybe I'll feel differently at the end of the month, but for now that's where I'm at.

3 years ago

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions/14/

The rule is no profit. Typically, you split the purchase price for each game, and then ask for offers.
For example, the current stardock bundle might be priced as listed below:

Tier 1 ($1.00)
$0.50 - Dead Man's Draw
$0.50 - Sorcerer King Rivals

Tier 2 ($8.00)
$7.00 Galactic Civilizations III + DLC

Tier 3 $(13.00)
$3.00 Star Control Origins + DLC
(me) $0.50 Star Control 1 + 2
(me) $1.00 Star Control 3
$0.50 Ashes of the Singularity Escalations

3 years ago*

View attached image.
3 years ago

Exactly lol :D

3 years ago

Yup. They really have to up their development cycle to keep feeding the monthlies :D

3 years ago

I'm not going to complain if they do! :D

3 years ago

Sorry: of course Warner Brothers are the Hitman publisher now, not Square Enix. My bad.

3 years ago

Terrible :-(

3 years ago

Terrible indeed +1

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

A game from 2001? Really?

3 years ago

Not just that, another is from 1998.

3 years ago

You know why they changed it to Humble Choice? Because they made it easier to make the choice to skip their bundle.

Sorry, terrible joke.

3 years ago

I though Turok 2: Seeds of Evil is a game from 1998?

3 years ago

I was talking about Capitalism 2 and I missed that one xD

3 years ago

Looking good. I'm happy with that.

3 years ago

They keep using games that are on gamepass for pc or have already been given away on ps+/xblg

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Might be worth looking at the Covid-19 bundle as that includes a month of Choice for new subs.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Yeah, I'm with you. It isn't the best bundle ever, but Hitman 2 and Gris decided it. After that, I don't have to make up much value from the rest of the bundle.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

so what exactly is that ''????'' below hitman suppose to mean

edit: is that suppose to mean the trove game

3 years ago

Apparently not. It's like a piece of Monthly in Choice:
"STAY SUBSCRIBED TO RECEIVE A FREE BONUS GAME
Keep your subscription active to receive a bonus game for April Choice! This game will not count toward your choices for the month. All bonus game recipients will get the same game, which will be revealed and unlocked on May 1st."

3 years ago

Guessing they must be getting a lot of pausing if they are already going back to the "mystery" element.
Hey it works for Fanatical...

3 years ago

honestly feels like desperation, they're running out of good games

3 years ago

I think they didn't manage to do what they were hoping: reassure the devs that their games would not go on the grey market every time they're in a monthly. So now they're stuck with lousy games again, and they know a bundle like that won't convince so they try to kinda go back to the "surprise" model but not really;

The problem ofc is if that's the bundle we're getting, the chances of the "surprise" game being good are very low so that won't stop anyone from pausing.

3 years ago

I basically paused every month :D I rarely get bundles or buy new games cause my backlog is huge (and I don't have time) but I figured keep it for the cheaper price and all that for the time I do really want something.

3 years ago

It's a "free" extra game they give you in 1st May... Thay say it clearly on the screen :/

"STAY SUBSCRIBED TO RECEIVE A FREE BONUS GAME
Keep your subscription active to receive a bonus game for April Choice! This game will not count toward your choices for the month. All bonus game recipients will get the same game, which will be revealed and unlocked on May 1st."

3 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/VSvz2nQ

and before any1 says scroll down, nothing there either, so dunno where you are seeing this text

3 years ago

thanks, one would expect information about it, to be on the actual page

3 years ago

It is on the actual page, above the game selections.

3 years ago

no it ain't

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/1cQijyH

it also wasn't there, before i unlocked choices

so whats going on, why am i missing that big info box

edit--

figured it out, its because im on yearly plan, so it doesn't show up then

3 years ago*

Nah, mine looks exactly like yours (no stay subbed banned) and I'm month-to-month.

3 years ago

thanks for confirming, then i wonder what the requirements for that info box is is

3 years ago

it really pays to read before posting Aco, as it clearly doesn't show up, proven by both screenshots and another user

3 years ago

Massive skip. Won Gris in December and got Hitmsn 2 Gold. Huge pass on the rest.

Thanks Lilly

3 years ago

I just came here for the comments.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Blah Blah Blah they should put Doom Eternal for $1 Blah Blah Blah That difference of just $0,25 will make me bleed and kill me Blah Blah Blah How dare they charge $2 for that Blah Blah Blah

3 years ago

This! So much this! XD

3 years ago

Yes, if i would recieve each time 1€ for their comments i would be multimillionaire after a few weeks :-D

3 years ago

I'm fucking dying with this comment xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

3 years ago

Amazing, lol, I can’t tell if it’s a real comment or a made up one because that’s exactly what most are like.

I’m glad money talks, because if you looked at just the online comments, you’d wonder why HB would even bother.

3 years ago

I felt this time it might be a lot worse as there's 2 games that have some issues with mixed reviews, 2 games that are older and 2 games that are from the same publisher which aren't bad games but they are puzzle games which may or may not go over well with sales.

3 years ago

Even I have to say that this is the worst bundle in a long time... It never happened that I had zero interest in half of the games offered. :(

3 years ago

I always feel like I get a decent amount of games I want or look interesting and feel like I get $12 worth. Gris is something I've wanted for about and out of the stores I buy from it's lowest was $8.50 plus there's a few others I wanted so even though I don't think this bundle is better than a lot of the previous ones I am still happy.

On the other side of things there may have been other games on the docket for the HB Choice but due to what's going on with the Corona virus HB might not have been able to get in touch with those devs/publishers.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

Actually I was expecting both of them. I'm almost positive I mentioned it on either last month or the month before that HB choice threads.

To be fair the Zachtronics games seem to have been doing well in sales and have a lot of praise so I don't think in this case it was really a strange approach. Plus they've already been in contact with them so those are 2 secure spots in the bundle without needing to talk to another dev/publisher.

As far as how many games next month, I'm pretty sure it will be above 10 from here on out as they want to provide actual choice. I'd say at the very least 12 next month.

3 years ago

Of course no bundle can satisfy 100% of people. It does with me enough to get but I can't deny January and March were better in my book, and I skipped February altogether.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Only want Gris, which I can get sale for much cheaper. Paused again then, really good for my wallet.

3 years ago

Oh dear, Hitman 2. Just as I'm finishing #1, nice timing ^^

3 years ago

HITMAN 2 standard edition i guess?

3 years ago

Ofc. They want you to buy the DLC

3 years ago

Sad but true.

3 years ago

Hope not, because standard edition is free to play.

3 years ago

Starter Pack is free to play. Standard is 60€.

3 years ago

I think it's just the first chapter or something that is free to play.

3 years ago

Standard edition isnt f2p. Starter Pack is free.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Starter Pack is free not Standard Edition.

3 years ago

It is not, as far as I know only first mission is free (which isn't even full scale mission like the others).

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Thanks!

3 years ago

Damn, this month is terrible...

Edit: Hitman 2 is more than this?

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

On the subscription page, does the graphical box with question marks below Hitman indicate that the Humble Trove addition(s) haven't been revealed yet? Or does it mean something else? I don't remember this with other Choice Bundles, but I've been wrong before. See below...

View attached image.
3 years ago

All subs get a mystery game on May 1st.

3 years ago

Thanks Stevey - Its so weird they didn't explain it on their blog either, though it says everyone will get a Humble Original or two:

Plus, all Humble Choice subscribers will also get a new Humble Original, Divinoids, as well as a special sneak peek of Ring of Pain.

3 years ago

They must have changed their mind last minute and incorporated an extra game to try and shore up sales. I suppose its better value for the people that stay subscribed so I hope its a decent game worth hanging on for.

3 years ago

Never ever seen a bundle with 5 interesting game. This must be my lucky month!

3 years ago

Yay! :)

3 years ago

I suppose I'm staying subbed for Zachtronics and Hitman.

Is it just me, or does the lower half of this bundle feel... out of place?

3 years ago

Only interested in Hitman 2...sigh

3 years ago

I'm not interested in any of this games, but going to take it because that extra choice next month.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

does unused choices carry on to the next month ?

3 years ago

Don't know.

3 years ago

Nope, you're getting choices for the month you're buying. Classic = 10 choices, with two months bought it's solely 10-10, not 9-11 or 8-12.

3 years ago

I find something worthwhile in all months and didn't pause in ages, but this month ... Capitalism 2? A game from 2001? And that game at least once was good, contrary to stuff like Shoppe Keep 2.

Humble must be joking.

It might be okay if I were into puzzle games, but that's my least favorite genre.

3 years ago

I look at the bright side, it's one of the games that is a no-brainer to put among the two to leave out.

3 years ago

Haha, good point. Though there are really quite a lot candidates to dislike, some still manage to stand out. ;)

3 years ago

From Gris to MOLEK-SYNTEZ I would take, so I'll think about that one. Gris is way more selling it than Hitman 2 for me but that is just my taste.

3 years ago

This, but I do own Opus, and I'm not really sure about TITP...

So besides GRIS and Molek-Syntez, I guess I'd like to add Truberbrook and Bard's Tale IV to my collection?!
With Humble Classic, still the worst deal? Hm...

3 years ago

First time pausing since Choice. I would have been interested in Gris and Truberbrook if I haven't finished them already on the Switch. And I still have the black cartridge of Turok 2 on N64.

3 years ago

i have the first turok on my n64! :D

3 years ago

You mean motion-sickness simulator 1.0?

3 years ago

You mean fog simulator 1.0?

3 years ago

i never got motion sickness from that game. played it a lot as a kid.

3 years ago

So Hitman 2 is the gold edition? Thanks

3 years ago

Standard edition.

3 years ago

Thanks.

3 years ago

Those versions are really confusing. They even removed silver. Standard is first expansion and Gold is with second expansion also. What is included in this HB? The page does not specify it. Can someone let us know (who activated)?

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Thank you! So it is basically Gold minus the Season Pass.
I'm dumb. It is the Standard Edition.

3 years ago

Got it, thanks.

3 years ago

Yeah.. I didn't buy the game ebfore because it is just too confusing!

Does anybody know what is needed for being able to get 100% after getting this standaard version?

3 years ago

Just going by the achievements with the lowest percentage I think you will need the Expansion Pass.

3 years ago

They are confusing indeed.

3 years ago

Can't wait to see Turok 3 in the next one...

3 years ago*

If only there was the third one, on steam... ;) But, at least, there is this one.

3 years ago

Oof.. NBCUniversal dropped them. Wonder who the new publisher with be.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.