October 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ October 30th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† November 6th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition

Fae Tactics

Shadows: Awakening

Notes & comments:

• Sunless Sea + Sunless Skies counts as 1 choice ("The Sunless Bundle"); you will get 2 separate keys.
  • The key for GOAT OF DUTY will also activate Goat of Duty Digital ArtBook
  • Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition contains the base game plus some cosmetic icons, but lacks the DLCs that add extra content
  • The Uncertain: Episode 1 (base game) was also free to be added to your Steam account for a limited time and given away several times
  • Shadows: Awakening is featured in a recent Fanatical Bundle (Killer Bundle 13)
  • Iron Danger and The Suicide of Rachel Foster were available in a recent Daedalic bundle on Humble Bundle, and also dropped from lootpacks on LootBoy.
  • GOAT OF DUTY was free to be added to your Steam account for a limited time
  • Lightmatter - Full Game was given away on Alienware (lvl 30) and was free with TwitchPrime / PrimeGaming
  • Lightmatter (base) is F2P on Steam

LIMITED TIME: SUBSCRIBE TO GET ALL 12 GAMES! PLUS, NEW SUBSCRIBERS JOIN FOR ONLY $12.
LIMITED TIME: $4 off Humble Choice. Ends November 6, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM PST
Good news! Classic and Premium subscribers get all 12 games for this month only.

Leak for next months: "The Beast Inside will be featured in one of the Humble Choice bundles this year." (source). Rover Mechanic Simulator might also be featured in the November Choice (source)

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition 86% of 9936 โค - 8.25 CV sub/309466 W M L 0 $54.99
Fae Tactics 83% of 319 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/995980 W 0 $19.99
Sunless Sea 84% of 5939 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.85 CV app/304650 W M L 1 $18.99
Sunless Skies 84% of 1494 - ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/596970 W M L 0 $24.99
Iron Danger 78% of 218 - ๐Ÿ† 5.25 CV app/899310 W 1 $34.99
Autonauts 89% of 2098 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/979120 W 0* $19.99
Shadows: Awakening 76% of 1068 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/585450 W 1 $39.99
Fantasy Blacksmith 69% of 432 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.50 CV app/959520 W 0 $9.99
The Suicide of Rachel Foster 72% of 1123 - ๐Ÿ† 2.70 CV app/1057750 W 1 $17.99
GOAT OF DUTY 90% of 466 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.50 CV app/555000 W 0* $9.99
The Uncertain: Episode 1 + Soundtrack and Artbook 79% of 1184 โค - 0.00 CV โ˜  sub/80242 W M 0 $14.99
Basement 78% of 1475 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/340150 W M L 0 $19.99
Lightmatter - Full Game 90% of 954 โค - 0.00 CV โ˜  sub/327748 W 0 $19.99

โ˜  - Game was free at some time and does not grant any CV if given away.

Retail:

• $306.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

• FATE OF KAI
  • SYZYGY

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it Ok that this Ok-tober bundle is not as Ok as the previous months?

View Results
[Happy] People complain way too much. Back in the day, youโ€™d pay $12 / $19 for a really good game in a blink of an eye and now you get at least 3 amazing ones for that price, plus some extras.
[Subscribed & don't even care anymore] It's okay for this bundle not to be okay, I gave up on Humble long ago. I just sit here and pay once a month.
[Insulted by Tropico] Come on, Tropico 6, the base game, after a similarly insulting Tropico bundle that had 4 & 5 with some DLC, no nice Complete packages, and was missing 6 entirely?
[Offended by Shadows Awakening] Shadows Awakening right after it was in Fanatical? You must be joking!
[Underwhelmed by Daedalic] Daedalic games are regularly given out cheap or free on Lootboy, plus it's one of the few publishers likely to do 90% sales. And HB itself even had them bundled just two months ago!
[Sunk at Sea] They *really* could have included the four years old DLC for the already-Humblebundled Sunless Sea?
[Uncertain about all of this] I'm Uncertain if there's a single Steam user who didn't claim The Uncertain when it was free on the Steam Store.
[Bleat at Duty] I Goat you IGN for featuring games that were redeemable for free on Steam 6 months ago. I did my Duty to activate it back then.
[True Potato Ending] The real choice is which of these choices is the most upsetting. I donโ€™t even know which poll option I should pick.

I'm actually surprised by this bundle. Stuff that I just got from a cheap fanatical bundle, a few ones that were free, and none with the wow! factor, for me.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

RU/CIS: {309479} When I enter steam via the steam db, I am thrown to the steam home page.
And when creating a distribution, I have only two link options: 309466 and 309465
Can I create a region-restricted distribution without any problems?
Which link to choose from the two possible when creating?

3 years ago*

Clicking on the Steam Store link from {309479} leads you nowhere because this package is not sold on Steam (and does not have a corresponding Steam page).

For creating giveaways, use 309466 (usually using the one listed under "Everyone else:" is the one you need to pick). Please make sure to restrict your giveaway to RU/CIS, if you have the RU/CIS key {309479}.

{sub/309465} has the same name on SteamGifts (although it should be "Tropico 6 El Prez Edition Prepurchase") but if you look at the SteamDB package contents you'll see that it contains an extra Pre-purchase DLC, Tropico 6 - The Llama of Wall Street. This DLC is not present in the package you want to use in the giveaway {309479}.

3 years ago

Many thanks!

3 years ago

Oh dear, that's terrible. I hoped the leak would end up being wrong, though given the source that was probably a vain hope.

So many rebundles and previously free games! That'd be embarrassing in any bundle, but in Choice / Monthly it feels doubly bad.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

First time i pause for me, a lot of wishlisted games but i dont care THAT much for them

3 years ago

So does Serbia recieve a ROW key like all the others or is it region locked - Tropico 6

3 years ago

Since a lot of people have commented that this bundle made them pause, or exclaimed that nobody would subscribe for this bundle, I feel like this is a wonderfully ironic place to ask if anyone knows how the autocharge for new subs works. This is my first time subscribing to humble choice, I subscribed today and paid for one month at the same time. My autocharge date is then 27th of November though, is this normal? Is there some "" two months for one"-thing I completely missed?

3 years ago

this is normal as you won't get the november bundle as soon as it's released but at the autocharge day unless you decide to pay earlier like you did with this one which will move the autocharge date to the last friday of december ( 25th )

3 years ago

Ah okay, thanks!

3 years ago

The worst ever. They have broken their own record, once again.

3 years ago

People who say this is the worst bundle HB has ever put out probably don't remember the infamous BO4 Monthly. At first, it was just the Battle Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops IV that was included (multiplayer only) but the backlash was so bad, HB finally changed it to the standard edition, which had the solo campaign and the zombie mode.

Also, people comparing this to Indie Gala? Seriously? I don't like the October bundle either (rebundles, freebies and overall, absolutely not to my liking) but damn... it's still above IG's level of game quality in my eyes. Considering how people often like to exaggerate, I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone saying Humble Bundle is getting worse than DIG. Maybe next month?

That said, I sure hope next month will be better. Monster Hunter: World would be nice as a headliner.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Correct. Indie Gala's bundles cost less... and they are mostly filled with shovelwares, low value games and titles that have been rebundled to death. You know, you usually get what you pay for. But all in all, the overall quality of HB bundles imo is better than IG and I don't understand how anyone could think otherwise.

3 years ago

Agreed, I did hear similar comparison between HB and fanatial bundles, and while I still think the quality of HB games are better, it is possible that in some cases it's a matter of personal taste...at some point, the assumption of a game's quality being better or worse depends on the person...

But in the case of indiegala, it's nearly all shovelware xD I dont think they are even worth the asking price (5$?) but if we are talking about happy hour...maybe.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

How about the bundle that had H1Z1 as a headliner or the Destiny 2 one.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I was pissed off about Destiny 2, but that's what got me playing it eventually, and I've got over 600 hours in it now. Maybe it should not have headlined a Humble monthly, but it's a damfine game.

3 years ago

$12 makes it an extraordinarily good deal for giveaways. Bought.
Thanks for the thread as always.

3 years ago

Wait, you're going to give away games from...

(dramatic pause)

THE WORST BUNDLE OF ALL TIME

?

3 years ago

I like to make them suffer.

3 years ago

Wow, it keeps getting worse and worse. They are doing perfectly great ๐Ÿคฃ

3 years ago

My guess for November Choice (announced on Halloween) is 12 Vampire Visual Novel games ๐Ÿคฃ
Or maybe rerun Vampyr at least ...

3 years ago

My guess is: 2 games that were given away for free, 2 from other currently running bundles, 2 from previous humble weekly bundles and 6 niche games.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I really want Rachel Foster, but it isn't worth the whole bundle for me. Own too many of them.

I will recommend Light Matter though for anyone on the fence, it's a nice puzzle game with some Portal references.

3 years ago

The Tropico bundle added DLC for 4/5, making it so that you got all DLC's for both games.

3 years ago

At first glance this bundle didn't seem like much, but really it's a solid mix of stuff I would never play in a million years and stuff that really does sound intriguing. I'm irritated to see The Uncertain, which is a good game but one I got from Humble in the first place years ago. I don't mind that the current Humble doesn't offer us superstar games; in general I'm more likely to enjoy solid well-made second-tier games with more personality than sometimes AAA headliners can get away with.

3 years ago

"LIMITED TIME: $4 off Humble Choice. Ends November 6, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM PST"
is this offer only for new subscribers ?

3 years ago

Generally yes. That offer is always for new subscribers.

3 years ago

Dang, i'll stay paused and see if they give me some special discount cupon

3 years ago

I find they only give out those discounts if you try to pause. Not if you kept up an existing pause. At least that's how it has worked for me.

3 years ago

Can a key for Tropico 6 bought in the US be redeemed in Europe? I'm unclear on the nature of the region lock for this title.

3 years ago

Apparently, from page 3 of this discussion, the answer is Yes.

3 years ago

Pretty good bundle. Not sure why everybody is complaining again.

3 years ago

From reading the thread here, it is clear people are complaining about :

Lack of quality of the games for a monthly.
Not a good frontrunner game (Tropico 6 base game).
2 or 3 of the games have been given away for free prior to this bundle.
Some have been in prior bundles on humble.
Bundle feels more like a fanatical or even an indiegala type thing.

Honestly, it is not a great bundle by any stretch, I think, but it's not the worst monthly bundle ever.

It is up there though..

Had this been a regular bundle with tiers, I think it would have been better received, but HB have just put themselves in a corner when it comes to monthlies by putting high quality games in pretty much every month for a long time, and when quality begin dropping off, even a little, people will notice, and complain.

3 years ago

is not good lol pretty bad in fact

3 years ago

Tropico 6, Lightmatter and Sunless Skies - looks pretty good to me in terms of value.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Let be honest, it's not a bad deal but it shows that HB is having difficulties to convince some major editors so they flood their bundle with fillers. I'm sure they would be happy to give less but better games, they just can't.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Cool read. I'm relatively new to this whole bundle thing so pretty much every monthly from January till now have all been amazing months in my opinion. There is always something in them that I either wanted or never even heard of and would not have heard of if not for humble bundle monthlies. Even if the month isn't as appealing that just allows me to save money for one of the weeklies.

Maybe you're right. If they take monthlies away perhaps people would then really appreciate them more, but then again I fear what that might do to some of the new developers that really need the support and promotion.

3 years ago

Yeah, people are usually really bad at seeing the value in something that's made for someone else.
A lot of people are also only aware of what's marketed towards them, as opposed to actively looking for smaller titles that don't get promoted as much, and some people even avoid anything they haven't already heard about, and that's a lot of the games in this bundles. Great games that don't have the reach or wide appeal of AAA games.

3 years ago*

It would be a lot better if they reduced the amount of games and have them be better curated / higher quality ones. 6 to 8 games would be fine for example.

3 years ago

Three out of twelve are interesting to me and out of those three I already have two so... pass. :D

3 years ago

Thank you Humble for reminding me I have enough quality games still untouched in my library. Maybe I am getting old, or maybe it is just Humble's game quality the one that is going so down.

The thing is have less free time and that is making me focus on games received as gifts or the games I bought when bundles were much more interesting for me. Another pause and I have paused more than 6 months in a row. (I have to admit that Gamepass and some Switch games have me entertained as well...)

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.