October 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ October 30th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† November 6th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition

Fae Tactics

Shadows: Awakening

Notes & comments:

• Sunless Sea + Sunless Skies counts as 1 choice ("The Sunless Bundle"); you will get 2 separate keys.
  • The key for GOAT OF DUTY will also activate Goat of Duty Digital ArtBook
  • Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition contains the base game plus some cosmetic icons, but lacks the DLCs that add extra content
  • The Uncertain: Episode 1 (base game) was also free to be added to your Steam account for a limited time and given away several times
  • Shadows: Awakening is featured in a recent Fanatical Bundle (Killer Bundle 13)
  • Iron Danger and The Suicide of Rachel Foster were available in a recent Daedalic bundle on Humble Bundle, and also dropped from lootpacks on LootBoy.
  • GOAT OF DUTY was free to be added to your Steam account for a limited time
  • Lightmatter - Full Game was given away on Alienware (lvl 30) and was free with TwitchPrime / PrimeGaming
  • Lightmatter (base) is F2P on Steam

LIMITED TIME: SUBSCRIBE TO GET ALL 12 GAMES! PLUS, NEW SUBSCRIBERS JOIN FOR ONLY $12.
LIMITED TIME: $4 off Humble Choice. Ends November 6, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM PST
Good news! Classic and Premium subscribers get all 12 games for this month only.

Leak for next months: "The Beast Inside will be featured in one of the Humble Choice bundles this year." (source). Rover Mechanic Simulator might also be featured in the November Choice (source)

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition 86% of 9936 โค - 8.25 CV sub/309466 W M L 0 $54.99
Fae Tactics 83% of 319 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/995980 W 0 $19.99
Sunless Sea 84% of 5939 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.85 CV app/304650 W M L 1 $18.99
Sunless Skies 84% of 1494 - ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/596970 W M L 0 $24.99
Iron Danger 78% of 218 - ๐Ÿ† 5.25 CV app/899310 W 1 $34.99
Autonauts 89% of 2098 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/979120 W 0* $19.99
Shadows: Awakening 76% of 1068 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/585450 W 1 $39.99
Fantasy Blacksmith 69% of 432 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.50 CV app/959520 W 0 $9.99
The Suicide of Rachel Foster 72% of 1123 - ๐Ÿ† 2.70 CV app/1057750 W 1 $17.99
GOAT OF DUTY 90% of 466 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.50 CV app/555000 W 0* $9.99
The Uncertain: Episode 1 + Soundtrack and Artbook 79% of 1184 โค - 0.00 CV โ˜  sub/80242 W M 0 $14.99
Basement 78% of 1475 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/340150 W M L 0 $19.99
Lightmatter - Full Game 90% of 954 โค - 0.00 CV โ˜  sub/327748 W 0 $19.99

โ˜  - Game was free at some time and does not grant any CV if given away.

Retail:

• $306.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

• FATE OF KAI
  • SYZYGY

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it Ok that this Ok-tober bundle is not as Ok as the previous months?

View Results
[Happy] People complain way too much. Back in the day, youโ€™d pay $12 / $19 for a really good game in a blink of an eye and now you get at least 3 amazing ones for that price, plus some extras.
[Subscribed & don't even care anymore] It's okay for this bundle not to be okay, I gave up on Humble long ago. I just sit here and pay once a month.
[Insulted by Tropico] Come on, Tropico 6, the base game, after a similarly insulting Tropico bundle that had 4 & 5 with some DLC, no nice Complete packages, and was missing 6 entirely?
[Offended by Shadows Awakening] Shadows Awakening right after it was in Fanatical? You must be joking!
[Underwhelmed by Daedalic] Daedalic games are regularly given out cheap or free on Lootboy, plus it's one of the few publishers likely to do 90% sales. And HB itself even had them bundled just two months ago!
[Sunk at Sea] They *really* could have included the four years old DLC for the already-Humblebundled Sunless Sea?
[Uncertain about all of this] I'm Uncertain if there's a single Steam user who didn't claim The Uncertain when it was free on the Steam Store.
[Bleat at Duty] I Goat you IGN for featuring games that were redeemable for free on Steam 6 months ago. I did my Duty to activate it back then.
[True Potato Ending] The real choice is which of these choices is the most upsetting. I donโ€™t even know which poll option I should pick.

I has skipped 3 months in a row and so sad that this happens right after I paid them a full 12 months in advance.

3 years ago

So far, this year I only took 3 months.
The others are paused, even though they always temp me with 4$ discount.

3 years ago

Uncertain, they should cut this bundle to 50% off

3 years ago

I want Fae Tactics and Iron Danger. I am ok to get Tropico 6 - El Prez Edition,Sunless Sea,Sunless Skies,Autonauts,Shadows: Awakening,Basement.
Should I go find and bought this 2 games in cheap market or I should get this bundle for $8.00? Now is $12.00 then I got coupon when I pause so that $4.00 can use right to make it $8.00?

Any opinion on this?

3 years ago

ITT: People complaining about People complaining about his bundle.

I can give many reasons for this bundle to be a bad one but will list a few:

1. Too many people have too many games from previous bundles.
  2. Games quality compared to the price. I mean, I remember getting both Alan Wake games for $1 and that was a steal!
  3. DLC fest games included in the bundle.
    -> Look at these and previous "choice" games. Majority of them have one of more DLCs which are NOT included.
  4. Previously "Free" games included in the bundles. This one has 2 games which were free previously.
  5. Games, which currently are or were recently available in other "cheaper" bundles
  6. Region locks (Why the fuck would I receive a region locked key if I paid the same price as everyone else? Though most the publishers fault)
  7. (Personal Feeling) Fucking over the classic plan subscribers (new premium is available for $8 per month for 6/12 months).
    Edit: What do we (classic subscribers) get for being loyal? A dick in the mouth. Fucking Cartman is right:
  8. Banning people for trading/giveaways

I think humble is dying slowly and it'll be a sad day but Fanatical is the current bundle king.

3 years ago*

Your opinion mostly on point, especially #8, hahahaha....

3 years ago

Fanatical is the current bundle king.

Nah. I bought just four bundles from Fanatical, in 2020.
I bought all of Choice in 2020 and 19 additional bundles (granted, most of them were just tier 1. This used to be much better).
Not to mention further purchases thanks to the 20% discount.
Fanatical isn't even close.

3 years ago*

Well, agree to disagree ;)

3 years ago

I too have purchased more Humble Monthlies this year than bundles from Fanatical, even including pick & mix deals. Give them two years, and maybe they'll come around ;) That's how long it took for me of buying bundles before I ended up buying more from Humble than Fanatical.

You know what else has come around? Happy cake day!

3 years ago

I noticed. ;)
Thank you!

3 years ago

Fanatical is the current bundle king.

You should go read the comments on the recent Fanatical bundle threads. If they are the king, their subjects are pretty unhappy!

again just another lot of re bundled games
Indie Oldies is more like it.
For the last few years, I don't recall any exceptional bundle from Fanatical.

The real issue, of course, is that the PC game market is WAY over-saturated with bundles. This is to be expected, since the number of bundles is so much higher than the number of quality games. Eventually, bundle sites simply run out of top-quality games to include in bundles. And that's where we are. It's not really possible for today's bundles to compete with past bundles. The world has changed.

But... acknowledging this is not nearly as much fun as ranting!

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

The real issue, of course, is that the PC game market is WAY over-saturated with bundles.

Whiny cheap-skates are also to blame, IMHO. People actually bitch when something is "only" 90% off anymore.

3 years ago

I don't work for Humble so I can't be 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure that the charity aspect of their operation acts as a way for publishers to contribute their keys as in-kind donations for tax deductions. The current crop of publishers aren't going to walk away from this kind of partnership, but they have figured out how to maximise their returns through DLC-heavy headliners etc. The days of ridiculous value are long gone, but there's no reason to believe that Choice's quality is declining compared to a year ago. It's still much better value than the other bundlers and will remain so, but it's hard to compete with backlogs full of amazing games we'd already gotten for cheap and haven't had time for, and the big-publisher headliners that would make a difference there are always going to be hit-and-miss.

3 years ago

fanatical sells full price games as star deal for at least $20 or for $5 as mystery game (if you are very lucky). they would have a long way to go to sell bundles like the humble monthlies or humble choices for this price

3 years ago

new premium is available for $8 per month for 6/12 months

So that's why they are offering a $4 discount? (โ•ฏยฐโ–กยฐ๏ผ‰โ•ฏ๏ธต โ”ปโ”โ”ป

3 years ago

Finally the day has come....since it started....i never,never, paused a humble montly....but today, was the day..... Well.... hope next month is better...

3 years ago

While I'm probably not going to pause, it is definitely the first time I haven't immediately unlocked/redeemed the games. I'm easy to please but this time it's really pretty mediocre. :-/

3 years ago

well...like i said..i never ever missed a montly since it started.since now.... Don't know how to feel.. maybe if a lot of people pause there will be better bundles next..

3 years ago

+1, this was my first time as well. There was only like, 2 games I was interested in. Fae tactics and sunless skies. Good lord these picks were just atrocious.

3 years ago

Same, paused for the first time.

3 years ago

worst monthly i have ever seen imo

3 years ago

Ok, weird thing, my key (Serbia) was activated in a RU/CIS region. And its SubID 309466 so that means it should be a ROW key. Why do they get RU/CIS keys but can use ROW keys?

3 years ago

Each publisher defines their own regions for a package. Some prefer splitting the packages between separate regions (one for RU/CIS, one for LATAM etc) and others just do a mix of everything.
For Tropico 6, they decided to not include Serbia in the RU/CIS package, but neither is it included in the EU package (with other games, it's usually included in one of these two types of packages). So the only thing possible for you guys is to receive a ROW key ๐Ÿ™ƒ
Hence you get 309466, which is a region-free key and can be activated anywhere.
All other countries that are included in the RU/CIS region receive indeed a RU/CIS locked key, namely https://steamdb.info/sub/309479/

3 years ago

Just a fact: Most of the latam keys can be activated in Ecuador but for a reason, Void Bastards, Automachef, and Genesis Alpha One LATAM keys canยดt be activated in Ecuador XD

3 years ago

Lightmatter is great; similar to Portal and has a very nice art style

3 years ago

Was free if you had amazon twitch prime

3 years ago

Just received e-mail "Sign up by November 6th and pay only โ‚ฌ9 EUR a month for the next 6 months. Pick games every month that you get to keep forever!"

3 years ago

same

*Single use coupon. Coupon redeemable for $9.99 USD off on your Humble Choice Premium Month-to-Month Plan for 6 months before any applicable taxes and fees. Coupons expires November 6 at 9:59am PDT. This price is locked in for 6 months, and this offer will be void if your subscription is canceled or paused. Only previous Choice or Monthly subscribers are eligible. Gifts are not eligible. This coupon may not be combined with other identical coupons in the same transaction, and may not be combined with other Humble Bundle coupons. Discount will be automatically applied at time of checkout. Coupon has no cash value. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Coupon may not be reproduced, copied, purchased, traded or sold. Unauthorized transfer of coupon and internet distribution strictly prohibited. Coupon not applicable to users in Russia or China.

3 years ago

What I'm wondering is, can you sign up, and then pause immediately, if you don't want the current month?

3 years ago

Seems like no.

this offer will be void if your subscription is canceled or paused.

3 years ago

I see it now. Thanks.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Just got offered the coupon, hilarious that you can't pause, which makes it an instant: nop.

3 years ago

Finally some wishlisted games.

3 years ago*

They give 2 more games for classic/premium subscribers
Fate of Kai https://store.steampowered.com/app/1426480/Fate_of_Kai/
Syzygy https://store.steampowered.com/app/1298020/Syzygy/

3 years ago

They were there from the beginning.
Listed also in this thread under "Humble Original / Extras:"

3 years ago

I doubt that these will have Steam keys allocated at some point.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Has this been posted somewhere?

"The Beast Inside will be featured in one of the Humble Choice bundles this year."
https://gg.deals/bundle/the-beast-inside-will-be-a-part-of-humble-choice-bundle-this-year/
(Which only leaves November or December)

The Beast Inside **

Edit> @sensualshakti: Fixed!

3 years ago*

Great news if true, it's on my wishlist.

3 years ago

Thanks for the info!
(your Steam link is broken, there's an extra "a" in it)

3 years ago

I just got an email with a one month offer to subscribe to Classic for $6 USD.

Single use coupon. Coupon redeemable for $6.00 USD off on your Humble Classic for 1 month before any applicable taxes and fees. Coupons expires October 26 at 9:59am PDT. This price is locked in for 1 month, and this offer will be void if your subscription is canceled or paused. Only previous subscribers to Classic are eligible.

3 years ago

I got the email too. Well for $6 i unpaused it. Always want to play Tropico 6 anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/lbF9Kjk

3 years ago

I have about 3 months left of monthly classic subscription .. been paused for 3 months now. Did you unpause and the $6 got taken off how much you pay in the future to continue subscribing for 6 / 12 months ?

3 years ago

Firstly make sure you got the email says "Get Humble Classic for $6 USD!" or check in the Humble Coupons says "$6 off Humble Choice", if you got that when you unpausing it will automatically cut the price from $12 to $6, I'm in Month-to-Month classic plan. Coupons expires October 26 at 9:59am PDT. I will be paying $12 next month if i continue the subscription. If you want to unpause make sure you only pay $6 before click the PAY NOW button.

3 years ago

cheers for the information :) I definitely have the voucher.

3 years ago

Did you try this? What happens when you unpause, if you still have prepaid months...?

Edit: I unpaused, my renewal price went from $35 to $31... I don't understand the math :D

3 years ago

Congrats .... Too lol

3 years ago

Got that too. So I went for it. Decent value for money.

3 years ago

Got the same email and for 1/2 price i might as well grab it and try out a few of the games it cant hurt at that price.

3 years ago

Also got the $9/month for 6 months offer. Anyone know if it's possible to use this while on the annual plan?

3 years ago

You wouldn't have gotten that offer if you weren't eligible. It will stack the 6 months on top of your current sub though, just bear that in mind. Check for any clauses about pausing as well.

It's been a few years since HB has given me any savings on my sub :-/

3 years ago

Haha, of course, silly me. I typically don't get offers like this, but this time I just paused as soon as the monthly was announced, and then got the offer today.

3 years ago*

According to support, the coupon can't be used if you're on a multi-month plan :(

3 years ago

huh, why would they give you it then? strange people. give it to me ;)

3 years ago

Well, if their plan was to get me to un-pause as I try to figure out how to use the coupon, it worked. for now

3 years ago

weird they gave this out i still have 3 months left and been paused for 4 months. It seems like a trick lol. Would of unpaused if it was $6 for this month as a one off.

3 years ago

Bummer

3 years ago

I got that also, 9$ for the next 6m.

I already paid for this month.

3 years ago

Last month, I got a coupon $8 for the next 6 months from the old email.
Try to use it, HB needs to verify my phone, i gave them my phone then HB needs to review my order. I give them a couple days and after all, they canceled my order.
My coupon was expired.
Thank you HB.

3 years ago

ppl who getting email offers about 6mnths:

if ur on classic-stay away from this, as you will lose your classic plan forever

3 years ago

That's nasty...

3 years ago

Why would you lose the classic plan?

3 years ago

That is incorrect as I have paused the month and just unpaused it and got this.

You can not get this month at 12$ if you were paused.

So you can't reject the offer in that position!

3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for writing in! You will not be unsubscribed from the Classic Plan at the end of this coupon period. You will only be unsubscribed from the Classic Plan if you unsubscribe from the Classic Plan.

Let me know if you have any other concerns about this!

Thanks,

-Josh
Humble Bundle

3 years ago

'ou will not be unsubscribed from the Classic Plan at the end of this coupon period'

This

So if ur on classic, u lose it after that 6 months

3 years ago

You will only be unsubscribed from the Classic Plan if you unsubscribe from the Classic Plan.

3 years ago

choosing this 6month plan is actually equal to leaving classic. Many ppl reported it

3 years ago

Again that is a support ticket from HB from an HB employee.

3 years ago

I choose nothing, I just hit unpause and I got the only option to pay 9$ for the next 6m and after that, the regular price of 12$.

3 years ago

Care to share a screenshot of their subscription menu from anybody who used this voucher to support your theory?

As the internet likes to say:

Pics or it didn't happen.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

You know I'm agreeing with you, right?

I DO NOT think using this coupon will make you lose your classic plan neither.

3 years ago

My bad ...

3 years ago

Glad we're finally on the same page ๐Ÿ˜…

I was beginning to wonder if this was some kind of bizarro world nightmare where I say one thing and people hear the exact opposite.

3 years ago

My bad, I misunderstood you.

I was also wary of the situation at first, but there was no option to reject the 9$ and to pay 12$.
And I still contacted support just in case to clarify and yes to have a proof for all of us.

3 years ago

No problem ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's always good to be cautious and double check when in doubt.

3 years ago

Quote from my support ticket:

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out! Once the promotion period has ended, your subscription will revert to the original $12/month price.

If you need anything else, let us know! Otherwise, take care and happy gaming!

-Richie
Humble Bundle

3 years ago

Yep, that's what I thought.

Anyway... I don't really have to care since I wasn't offered that coupon ๐Ÿ˜…

But now that you remind me I haven't paused yet this month. Probably still wouldn't take the offer because at the current rate my recently accidently renewed annual plan will last me ~ 3 years unless Humble ups their game again.

Edit: You do know, I was replying to Dolly because I'm pretty positive they confused something, right?

3 years ago

I almost never make mistakes but just to be sure, I contacted support.

EDIT: the line is attributed to my post, but that does not matter.

3 years ago

7VLGV-GCHLL-RGR64

3 years ago

thanks for goat of duty :).

3 years ago

OMG, did you actually get it? And it was an unmasked key? Good for you.

I'm glad to hear someone is getting them before bots (or people who can't even bother to say thanks) get them.

3 years ago

๐Ÿ˜

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I might have missed something and I don't see it. What leaks other than The Beast Inside have there been?

3 years ago

Check the spoiler text after "Leak for next months" (on top of the chart) and you'll have all the info you need.

3 years ago

Ah, thanks. Took me a bit to find that line.

3 years ago

More about coupons... I have 3 different coupons!

• $4 off Humble Choice
  • $6 USD a month to subscribe to Humble Classic for 1 month
  • $10 USD a month to subscribe to Humble Choice Premium for 6 months

So, the last one is the best one - assuming they make good bundles the next six months. The catch here is that "this offer will be void if your subscription is canceled or paused."

I don't want to not have the option to pause, and between the first two, a $6 dollar discount on a single month is better than a $4 discount on a 3-month plan.

My renewal-price is currently $31, which I figure is 3-month plan $35 with a $4 discount. Anybody know how to change which coupon is applied...?

3 years ago

Bought it with a 6$ coupon for my classic plan = 50 cents/game. Not bad.

3 years ago

PSA: If you're on a multi-month Classic plan and got the $6 off for a month, do not unpause if you're going for the discount as it was meant for the month-to-month Classic only.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Just what I was looking for. They sent me another email to remind me about the coupon and now I find out it was an error.

Saved my money :(

3 years ago

Got myself $4 off. So roughly around 7 EUR for 12 games. Good enough
Wasnt super excited about this month, but at least half of the games are something I'd like to try out

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Thanks for this very useful discussion! I'm a little wary of Humble billing.

Your Subscription
Current Plan Month-to-Month Premium Plan - (started October 23, 2020)
Next Billing Date November 27, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM PST

The top of this discussion says

๐Ÿ“… Important dates
๐Ÿ’ณ October 30th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)
๐Ÿ“† November 6th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

I've already paid for October. So I assuming...
Even tho I will see Nov 6th games list (first Friday of the month)
I have until Nov 27 10AM PST(last Friday of the month) to autopay, pause, or cancel?
Also that I can pay before the Nov 27 deadline and get the games immediately?

3 years ago

yes and yes :)

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.