Play or Pay has been changed from a monthly to a quarterly event and it's time to recruit more members! (I'm a terrible recruiter, so if I miss your post or forget to reply, add me on Steam or leave me a message again! xD)

How does it work?

• At the start of a new cycle (3 months period), 2 different people will pick a total of 7 games for you to play.
  • You will have the next 3 months to finish a couple of them. Each game finished will net you a couple points. The longest the game, the more points you get. If you don't get at least 5 points at the end of the quarter, you create a GA for the group!
  • As a member of BLAEO, playing games that fit their current monthly theme will also reward you with a couple points.
  • If, by the end of the cycle, you reach one of the first 15 spots in our leaderboards, you'll be invited to group, where you can try your luck at a handful of special giveaways!

Requirements

FAQ

Q: Do I have to play all 7 games every month?
A: **NO! Unless, you wanna try to reach the top of the leaderboard, there is no need to play all 7 of them. 2-3 games are more than enough to complete the "challenge" and avoid creating a giveaway!

Q: Do I have to participate every cycle?
A: No. You can take a break whenever you want, you just need to report to us before the next picking phase starts. There is a thread called "Skip a month", use it whenever you need!

Q: Why is BLAEO mandatory?
A: It makes picking a LOT easier. As you can see here and we use their themes for extra fun!

Q: Why do I need to have played at least 15% of my wins or a total of 40 wins beaten?
A: We must see that you're serious about playing your games, not just joining because of the giveaways.

Our group was inspired by both the old PoP events at Quips/Beardtopia + the X is "play a game you won on Steamgifts" month

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do you have a huge backlog and wanna do something about it?

View Results
Yes! I wanna join now! :D
No! I gave up! I'm never gonna play my games T_T

Hi. I would like to join this group.
Here is my profile.

4 years ago

Even though your stats are lower than the requirements, you seem to have played your wins without achievements, therefore I'm gonna send you a friend request to talk about the group, explain how it works and invite you.
Send me a message when you accept it.

4 years ago

Thank you and sorry... I thought my requirements were good enough. I have beaten 4 of 9 games won on Steamgift.
I have accepted your friend request.

4 years ago

No need to say sorry. It's just that the script we use doesn't count games without achievements as beaten, I had to check them manually.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Well, we started ~12 days ago. If that's not a problem for you, send me a friend request on steam.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I'd like to join.

According to some statistic website I played roughly half my games 168/328, but a lot of those 168 games are "played" by a bot a few years ago to get easy Steam Trading Cards. If I played more than 50 games more than an hour it's a lot I think.

Hopefuly by joining this group/community it gives me a little push in the right direction to start enjoying more and a wider variety of games.

Last year I started putting goals for myself what I wanted to accomplish that year and for every goal I also gave it a certain monetary value. If goal X wasn't accomplished in the year I had to give that monetary value of that goal to charity. Worked pretty good to motivate me for some goals.

Edit:
Ah sorry here's the LINK TO PROFILE

4 years ago*

I've just sent you an friend request, so I can explain a couple things and invite you to the group!
Send me a message when you accept it. :)

4 years ago

Hey! Were are starting a new cycle and I can't remember if I have invited you to the group or not. If you still wanan join, let me know! :)

4 years ago

I like this idea for a group. The point system sounds fun and three months means I get to play longer games as well. I'm applying, here's my BLAEO link.

4 years ago

It's good :3

4 years ago

I'll send you an invite you to the group!

4 years ago

Is there a place for me

View attached image.
4 years ago

I've just sent you an friend request, so I can explain a couple things and invite you to the group!

View attached image.
4 years ago

Can I join? I finished 102/537 games which is 18,99% of my wins. My BLAEO didn't count games without achievements or I need sync it somewere or something.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hi. I accepted your invitation.

4 years ago

Send me a message when you have time. I need to explain how everything works.

4 years ago

I hope am i not too late for the party :D

4 years ago

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

4 years ago

Might give it a try again to see how it works out with the new system. Can you still ask to pick from a list, avoid certain things and such ? How does it work with the BLAEO theme, can you only get extra points if you randomly get picks that fit the themes they will have for those 3 months ? Or is it if you play games for the monthly themes besides the PoP games ?

4 years ago

Yes. You can still use custom rules. Games from Blaeo themes are extra. 2nd option. It's a way to earn a couple extra points and to have more freedom to choose whatever you wanna play.

4 years ago

Ok I'd like to join again, will just have to update my PoP list

4 years ago

I'll send you an invite to the group and explain a couple things as well.

4 years ago

Hi, I'd like to join (hopefully I'd be more motivated to play with less time on the current cycle).
DYEPB: โ‰ฅ25% complete: 61.3% (19/31), completed: 32.3% (10/31)
BLAEO profile

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hello, I would like to give this thing a shot, although I don't use the BLAEO site much. I think I meet the requirement of atleast 15% played wins. Here is my BLAEO profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/FallOfValhalla

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hi, if you are still recruiting, Iam interested to join

https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/superaural

4 years ago

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Some RL stuff got in the way.

Send me a friend request whenever you have time. I need to explain a couple things and if you still want to join, I'll invite you. :)

4 years ago

sent friend request

4 years ago

hello, I would like to join
my profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/Aldowuj

4 years ago

Send me a friend request. I need to explain a couple things and if you still want to join, I'll invite you. :)

4 years ago

sent friend request

4 years ago

Hello i'm interested!
BLAEO

4 years ago

I somehow missed your post. Sorry.
I just sent you a friends request to explain how it works and invite you to the group. :)

4 years ago

I've made a new gif, so have a bump! (^โ—”แดฅโ—”^)

View attached image.
4 years ago

Two bumps!

4 years ago

Two are better than one! :3

4 years ago

its been a while. thought you were getting rusty

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

I missed your gifs ( อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)

4 years ago

โ™ก(โ”€โ€ฟโ€ฟโ”€)

4 years ago

Hello, I'd like to join.

I've been working on my backlog pretty aggressively the past few months and love the idea of having someone else choose games.

https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/gangnamstyle

DYEPB: โ‰ฅ25% complete: 41.4% (98/237), completed: 15.2% (36/237)

4 years ago

Sorry for the late reply. Crazy week.
Send me a friend request. I need to explain a couple things and if you still want to join, I'll invite you. :)

happy cakeday!

4 years ago

Hello, If u need any more members, I would like to try my hand at this, it seems really interesting. :D

https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/FlorentiNN

4 years ago

4 years ago

Sure, I did. :)

4 years ago

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!

I'd love to join the group, it looks like it'll help me to actually reduce my backlog

My BLAEO profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/Nicknames

4 years ago

I just sent you a friends request to explain how it works and invite you to the group. :)
edit: it seems we're already friends on steam. Leave me a message when you're online.

4 years ago

I'd be interested in joining! After my board exams this Friday, I'm finally going to have time to start tackling my backlog. :D

BLAEO Profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/xMisiu

4 years ago

I just sent you a friends request to explain how it works and invite you to the group. leave me a message after you accept it. :)

4 years ago

Bump. Looks like we'll be starting another 3 month game picks soon.for February - April.

4 years ago

Thanks for the bump! o/

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

just look what your bump did :p

4 years ago

๐Ÿ˜‚ welcome!! Looks like I'm gonna have plenty of friendly competition for the top 10 spots. I might even get a chance to pick what games you play (/^-^(^ ^*)/

4 years ago

thank you :D well, I planned not to rush for the first time and because I have an active xbox game pass so far, but who knows :p

4 years ago

Oof that would be cool, too I guess. I've saved up enough Microsoft Rewards points by using that somewhat bad Bing Browser to have a year of X-Box Pass. Haven't seen any games on there interesting enough for me to jump on though plus I don't have an X-Box (I guess I could use my PC :P)

4 years ago

hmm.. Even A Plague Tale, Gris, Frostpunk & Children of Morta? :) They were added just recently.
Also, there will be new Ori soon;
Age of wonders, Bloodstained, CrossCode, Dead cells & the outer worlds quite popular too, but not my cup of tea. Instead Iโ€™m planning to try Pathologic 2.
And my favorites that I played thanks to the pass are: Thimbleweed Park, Ape out, The messenger, Opus Magnum, Night Call, Creature in the well, full The Banner Saga, Prey. Also, I happened to play excellent Yokuโ€™s Island Express & Guacamelee 2 before their appearance on Monthly (and Iโ€™m glad, because I know that if Iโ€™d got them from monthly, Iโ€™d play them who knows when, in a 5 years maybe if I lucky ๐Ÿ˜ฌ)
So, for me this game โ€˜netflixโ€™ thing is ideal, because I actually playing games, not only hoarding them ๐Ÿ™„ And the fact that some games may be soon will be removed* spurs me to play. So, the whole thing is good for me, and even better for microsoft ๐Ÿ˜‚

*well, I know they remove games from xbox pass with about 10 days warning, bit I think nothing were removed so far from pc pass, maybe because they still advertising and trying to earn customers
**all games listed in this comment are for pc pass :)

edit: oops, sorry for the wall, I thought my reply would be shorter

p.s. LastM, sorry for spam :p

4 years ago*

That's a lot of good games๐Ÿค” I just don't like the subscription plan. It's like getting a gym membership. You're going, because you know you know you're paying for it. So it goes to waste if you don't use it. I workout without a gym membership by doing mostly variations of body-weight exercises like push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, running, jumping. All I need is the motivation from within that I want to feel healthy.

If I already have the space in my room to workout, I'll use it. Same goes for my games. Learn to appreciate what you already have. That's my motto. This kind of goes against my "snake" zodiac sign personality trait, "being materialistic". I'll eat everything whole: bones, marrow, organs, skin and all. That's the least I can do to make sure their life doesn't go to waste.

So I'm happy with my game library ^^ And I want to show them some love by playing them ๐Ÿ˜Š. Especially the ones I've won here. ๐Ÿ

4 years ago

yep, we are all different after all :) I workout at home too, but because of other reasons, for me it's just more convenient this way.
Well, if you'll play all your games, you know what to do, you have those points anyway :p

4 years ago

Yeah, if I save up a few more years, I might have enough for a new computer or X box XD. Time flies by when you're playing games.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I'll send you a friends request. Send a message after you accept it.

4 years ago

Hello again. Interested in joining once again, if possible. I'd left a while back cause I was busy. I'm still busy so I'll probably be making a bunch of giveaways.
https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/BarbaricGenie
Thanks

4 years ago

I'll send you a friends request. Send a message after you accept it.

4 years ago

Hi! I'd like to join :)
My BLAEO profile: https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/krol7

4 years ago

I'll send you a friends request. Send me a message after you accept it.

nice stats, btw :)

4 years ago

^^

4 years ago

wow, i would absolutely love to participate in this.
blaeo

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

4 years ago

Hello, didn't i fullfill the requirements? I tried to add you on steam but i read your steam description to late and i guess i got blocked :p

4 years ago

Sorry. I saw your tag with a website attached to it and thought it was one of those russian/chinese acc that tries to steal your acc. I've been getting a bunch of them lately. I setn another request. Don't forget to leave me a message.

4 years ago

I'd like to join!

4 years ago

please link your blaeo profile. If you don't own one, please request at blaeo's current recruitment thread. :)

4 years ago

i did that but no one has responded ;(

4 years ago

Just wait a bit. They take some time to reply. :)

4 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by LastM.