Play or Pay has been changed from a monthly to a quarterly event and it's time to recruit more members! (I'm a terrible recruiter, so if I miss your post or forget to reply, add me on Steam or leave me a message again! xD)

How does it work?

• At the start of a new cycle (3 months period), 2 different people will pick a total of 7 games for you to play.
  • You will have the next 3 months to finish a couple of them. Each game finished will net you a couple points. The longest the game, the more points you get. If you don't get at least 5 points at the end of the quarter, you create a GA for the group!
  • As a member of BLAEO, playing games that fit their current monthly theme will also reward you with a couple points.
  • If, by the end of the cycle, you reach one of the first 15 spots in our leaderboards, you'll be invited to group, where you can try your luck at a handful of special giveaways!

Requirements

FAQ

Q: Do I have to play all 7 games every month?
A: **NO! Unless, you wanna try to reach the top of the leaderboard, there is no need to play all 7 of them. 2-3 games are more than enough to complete the "challenge" and avoid creating a giveaway!

Q: Do I have to participate every cycle?
A: No. You can take a break whenever you want, you just need to report to us before the next picking phase starts. There is a thread called "Skip a month", use it whenever you need!

Q: Why is BLAEO mandatory?
A: It makes picking a LOT easier. As you can see here and we use their themes for extra fun!

Q: Why do I need to have played at least 15% of my wins or a total of 40 wins beaten?
A: We must see that you're serious about playing your games, not just joining because of the giveaways.

Our group was inspired by both the old PoP events at Quips/Beardtopia + the X is "play a game you won on Steamgifts" month

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do you have a huge backlog and wanna do something about it?

View Results
Yes! I wanna join now! :D
No! I gave up! I'm never gonna play my games T_T

Hi! I would be interested in participating again, I really like the change to 3 months. c:

Here's my BLAEO. https://www.backlog-assassins.net/users/Teakupo

4 years ago

I'll send you a friends request. Send me a message after you accept it.
Welcome back! :)

4 years ago

I'm failing so hard this 3 months challenge, but I don't give up, even killing 1 game is still better than 0 o/

4 years ago

True, 1 is still better than nothing. Hope you get more support from the government. I'm sure that would help immensely. Appreciate all the positivity you bring 😁
Thanks again for your picks this cycle 👍

4 years ago

Aww, Alvin, I know who you are you cutie cute !

4 years ago

I don't have discord on my phone so I'll answer here. Yes, I'm the same Alvin on Maeglan's Cafe Discord channel. I wish more people knew you outside of Steamgifts :D

4 years ago

These kind of threads always give me a tingle of desire to go back to some game I haven't finished. Which unfortunately passes very quickly.

One day I might finish one of my won games and get 33% win completion and so become eligible. :) (When I say 'one of my games' I mean Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes, because I've largely enjoyed what I played of it, while I didn't like Deponia that much, and I'm unlikely to ever get to HL2 EP2 given that I haven't even finished HL2). Still, it's more likely, and a better idea, that I finish The Inner World, which isn't a win but I think I got far enough into it that it would be a pity not to, and I like it.

Anyway, good luck playing your games, and I've voted for 'No! I gave up! I'm never gonna play my games T_T'.

4 years ago

Cmon! No need to give up!
Btw, you have so few wins in so many years that if you got a BLAEO account, I could invite you. :)

4 years ago

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. While I do think that it's nice to play games, I can't bring myself to feel that it's a goal I should aspire to. It's also hard to entice me with giveaways since I don't enter them. (Which is why I have so few wins; I stopped entering giveaways after about a year on SG.)

But as I said, I still enjoy this kind of thread. It does make me want to play, and that's nice in itself, even if it doesn't end up actually making me play.

4 years ago

Well... I knew about the group for a long time, but decided not to enter because I wanted to pick a journey for myself.
This is still true, however I've realized that "wins" backlog altered my attitude. I almost don't play non-wins anymore.
I want to softly reboot my playing experience with making BLAEO priority list of nice games whether they're wins or not.
Then someone will pick a game for me and it could be a non-win. Check and mate :-D
Also I'd like to use the tool I've created to try how it feels in the real use-case. This will help to maintain it better :-)

I'm level 9 with 110 won games where I got 25% achievements or more and I have BLAEO account.
I know current cycle is already in run, but I'd like to join earlier to make some giveaways. I won't enter anything if it's forbidden

4 years ago

Hey!
I sent you an invite. As you noted, this cycle is already in run, but feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the group.

4 years ago

Time for a bump, since it's almost that time again. Next cycle May-July. Hope you all had fun playing your picks.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Saw a post about the group in a PoP/PM giveaway.
Read the Steam faq https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U5j5ImCXjxaucSdk_BqLTRI21f_4GsDsCbMVoRjsVMY/edit
I'd like to join, I'm a member of Playing Matters and have made a huge dent in my SG wins.
My HLTB link
https://howlongtobeat.com/user?n=ash2dust&s=games&playing=1#search1
Thanks

3 years ago

Hey!
I'll send you a friends request to further explain a few things. Send me a message after you accept it.

3 years ago

Sure thing!

3 years ago

i am up for the challenge, i will create a blaeo profile and get back to you

3 years ago

Hi!I like enter in the group >(

3 years ago

Bumf for a new event