Hello my fellow SteamGifters! 😃

In about a month from 14 June to 15 July 2018 there will be the 21st FIFA World Cup in Russia. 32 teams compete to determine the worlds best football team and the successor of 2014 winner Germany (yay! 😄)

I got the idea that we can make a prediction game here and enjoy this event together.

Also I will add giveaways from time to time with different conditions to join. I will put in some hopefully interesting information about the teams, venues or other topic concerning the event in the next weeks.

Rules

You predict the result of the game up to 5 minutes before the match starts. if you get the entirely correct result you get 10 points, if you have the incorrect result but the right tendency you get 5 points

Example

Game result Predicted result Points
2:0 2:0 10
2:0 2:1 5
2:0 2:2 0
2:0 2:3 0
3:1 after extra time 3:1 10
3:1 after extra time 2:1 5
3:1 after extra time 1:1 0
3:1 after extra time 2:3 0
6:8 after penality shoot 6:8 10
6:8 after penality shoot 1:2 5
6:8 after penality shoot 0:0 0
6:8 after penality shoot 3:2 0

At the moment the default setting for when a match ends for the prediction is active which is after penalty shoot.

Furthermore there are some questions you have to answer up to 5 minutes before the first match starts on 14th June.

Question Points
Which team will produce the highest goal scorer? 5
Who will reach the semi-finals? 3 for every correct team (order doesn't matter)
Which team will win group [GROUP LETTER]? 3
Which team will be world champion? 5

Want to participate?

• Please register there with your SteamGifts name to get a chance to win some prizes 😉
  • If you have any problems or questions do not hesitate to ask
  • The participants on the page are limited to 300 for the free version, in case more people want to participate, I'll create another one and will link it beneath.

Link to the prediction game

Giveaways:

Venues (with Jigidis)

Name Jigidi Game
Kaliningrad Stadium, Kaliningrad Altes Haus (GA ended) Z Steel Soldiers
Central Stadium, Yekaterinburg State Academical Opera and Ballet Theatre (GA ended) Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
Cosmos Arena, Samara Internet user monument (GA ended) Sunrider Academy
Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi Riviera Park (GA ended) Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse
Kazan Arena, Kazan Kul Sharif Mosque (GA ended) BioShock Infinite
Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg Hermitage Museum (GA ended) Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition
Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow Kremlin (GA ended) Duck Game
Mordovia Arena, Saransk Mordovian culture (GA ended) Akihabara - Feel the Rhythm
Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod Chkalov Staircase (GA ended) Cities in Motion 2
Otkritie Arena, Moscow Saint Basil's Cathedral (GA ended) Post Master
Rostov Arena, Rostov-on-Don Underpass Art (GA ended) Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren`s Call
Volgograd Arena, Volgograd Square of Grief (GA ended) Lakeview Cabin Collection

Teams (with train)

Here's a little train to Russia with all teams in it. At the end of the giveaways half of them have to leave it 😟 For the others the journey will go on 😃

🛑 Even if the Secret Sniffer shows something, there is nothing hidden in the train,
it's lvl 2+ 0,3 real ratio + default sgtools conditions 🛑

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will you watch the World Cup?

View Results
Yes every match I can! =D
Yes but just the games of my own country / favourite participant
Maybe I haven't decided yet
I'll just watch the final game
No I'm not interested in football at all
No because my country didn't qualify :(
I will not watch football as long as the ball isn't in shape of a potato ;)
Other answer: (please tell us in the comments :))

Our Russian team is all but through to the knockout stage.

5 years ago

Good job Japan.

5 years ago

OMFG, I botched my Spain-Iran prediction; I put the numbers backwards (2-0 instead of 0-2). FML.
Well, I guess I have to hope for a draw.

5 years ago

Mohammadi probably will tell his grandchildren that he played at the World Cup 2018 ... just for fun.

5 years ago

I... I really don't know what to say... How the hell did Argentina managed to lose in such a stupid way?

Man! Unless a miracle happens, this is going to be (as far as I know) the shortest World Cup ever for us... ;_;

5 years ago

Argentina wasnt playing football today at all. They were chilling for 70 minutes and then they started fighting.

5 years ago

Pretty crazy...I didn't think this was going to be the best Argentina team we ever saw (I predicted a draw for this game), but I still thought they'd make it out of their group! Well, they still might, but they'll need help from other teams.

My favorite teams are France and Germany, so even though France are through, they've only looked good for about one half of two games. And Germany...well, we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Good luck to us all!

5 years ago

In 2002 FIFA World Cup, Argetina was eliminated during the group phase. Marcelo Bielsa was the coach at that time.

5 years ago

Ok, now I know better. XD

5 years ago

This Croatia is not the one my national team defeat in Brazil 2014. Solid contender for semifinals? I think so.

5 years ago

It's early, but Croatia looks like one of the best squads in the entire tournament. I'm certainly hoping that France win the group so they don't have to face Croatia in the the Round of 16. Of course, a likely replacement would be Argentina...

5 years ago

Nigeria vs Argentina will solve second place indeed. I like Iceland but I don't. think they can beat Croatia. Next stage is tough for every team. The level of competición is at peak imo so no matter who France played against It will be a though one.

I don't think Argentina pass but If they can find the way to play in conjunction nicely things can chance dramatically.

México need to win or draw vs Sweden or they will have to wait results which kinda sucks.

5 years ago

It was good they didn't have that match early. Since both teams had the best football.

5 years ago

Congratulations to Croatia! Very deserving of the final...should be a great one.
I am happy for Croatia, but...Allez les Bleus! :p
[I love how you responded to this comment from two-plus weeks ago! :) ]

5 years ago

So ... did anyone else die several deaths in the past hours and days? /cough

5 years ago

yes I'm getting too old for this 😄

5 years ago

---v

5 years ago

I was just telling my wife that the Tony Kroos goal was one of the greatest single frozen-in-time moments in my (relatively short) World Cup life. Göetz' goal was more important, and France winning in 1998 was amazing (as I was in France at the time), but this was the ultimate "rags to riches" moment at the very last opportunity. And such a beautiful strike.

But Germany still have a lot of work to do. Despite this miracle, they do not look very strong and it's hard to like their chances for another deep run in a major tournament. I hope I'm wrong.

5 years ago

well, I am always happy when someone is on edge, and they escaped in the last seconds.... lucky for them, but this will be most interesting group for last round? even Mex with 2 wins is not sure of getting out of that group, and 3 teams can be tied for same points and than stone cold calculations will be in place to 'defend' the score or push everything :D

5 years ago

Someone did some work to cover most possible scenarios (in German language).

View attached image.
5 years ago

We need a version of that chart that covers who wins the group vs. who is second. Probably the difference between facing Brazil vs. Switzerland in the Round of 16.

I've noticed that people and even teams don't seem overly concerned about who they'll face (or likely face) in the knockout stages. They are content to keep a 0-0 draw against an inferior team as long as they go through, where with a bit more effort (and potentially risk) they could win the group and get an easier matchup in the Round of 16. I know that the important part is advancing, but looking at the bracket/matchups seems to be a good idea. Just my opinion. :)

In Germany's case here, though, the focus has to be just to beat S.Korea and hope that's enough to advance. They can't "afford" to think much beyond that.

5 years ago

red possiblity achievement unlocked! (reaction of mex supporters when they heard that kor scored was priceless! )

5 years ago

Brazil will win :)

5 years ago

They still could, but they don't look as mighty as they have in recent years.
They might have an opportunity to avenge 7-1 in the Round of 16 the way the groups are shaping up.

5 years ago

Yeah, but we have a great team. Neymar, Philippe Coutinho, Marcelo, William, Firmino, Douglas Costa etc. We have great chances to win or Belgium, France and Germany. I hope Brazil plays against Germany to avenge.

5 years ago*

Yes, Brazil must still be considered one of the favorites. Too much quality not to consider them among the best teams.

5 years ago

huh, most people missed on winner of group with Arg, and noone believed in that egomaniac CR7 for producing most goals :D interesting

5 years ago

go-go England ^^ Hope Poland will show good game in the evening 💮

5 years ago

Still in top 5, bump :D

5 years ago

Lewandowski should have gone early because of that stomp.
Good job Colombia.

5 years ago

Ouch! forgot to submit 2 whole matchdays! (4 and 5) T_T

Bump to remind everyone to fill in their predictions!

5 years ago

Suddenly I'm 6th! :) Also three correct guesses on who will win groups A, B and C.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Feels good to see one's own name in the top section. ;)

5 years ago

+1 :D :D :D :D

P.S.: Going down very soon, I guess. :D

5 years ago

I also will get 3 pts for predicting Croatia to win group D :P And most of you predicted Argentina.

5 years ago

Oh, no, you are getting close! But I know exactly what to do!

Come...

...a little...

...closer!

View attached image.
5 years ago

I'm already going down. xD

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

We are 6th* :D

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

5 years ago

Omg, I predicted a win for Sweden at first, but changed it to draw at the last moment...That was a mistake.

5 years ago

Whew, so much for Germany.

5 years ago

-no comment-

View attached image.
5 years ago

I am so happy for South Korea. Germany didn't deserve to win any match at all. Those arrogant, incompetent players got what they deserved if you ask me.

5 years ago

GG South Korea and Sweden :)

5 years ago

Well, all I can say is that México is in the next round because of a series of events. Today's defeat was really sour. I just hope they do a better job against Brazil. Like I said, they know each other very well. It will be a nice match. I hope so...

5 years ago

mexican fans somewhere in Russia
18+ (i'm not sure ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ)

5 years ago*

LOL!

5 years ago

I like how Germany bowed out, suits them right. Both the players and the officials are so fuckin arrogant they don't deserve anything out of this WC.

5 years ago

Bump! Go Brazil!

5 years ago

Group stage end! Bump!

5 years ago

Remember, folks, casual attire only from now on!

In other words...

C'mon, someone complete it to make me happy!

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.