Hello my fellow SteamGifters! πŸ˜ƒ

In about a month from 14 June to 15 July 2018 there will be the 21st FIFA World Cup in Russia. 32 teams compete to determine the worlds best football team and the successor of 2014 winner Germany (yay! πŸ˜„)

I got the idea that we can make a prediction game here and enjoy this event together.

Also I will add giveaways from time to time with different conditions to join. I will put in some hopefully interesting information about the teams, venues or other topic concerning the event in the next weeks.

Rules

You predict the result of the game up to 5 minutes before the match starts. if you get the entirely correct result you get 10 points, if you have the incorrect result but the right tendency you get 5 points

Example

Game result Predicted result Points
2:0 2:0 10
2:0 2:1 5
2:0 2:2 0
2:0 2:3 0
3:1 after extra time 3:1 10
3:1 after extra time 2:1 5
3:1 after extra time 1:1 0
3:1 after extra time 2:3 0
6:8 after penality shoot 6:8 10
6:8 after penality shoot 1:2 5
6:8 after penality shoot 0:0 0
6:8 after penality shoot 3:2 0

At the moment the default setting for when a match ends for the prediction is active which is after penalty shoot.

Furthermore there are some questions you have to answer up to 5 minutes before the first match starts on 14th June.

Question Points
Which team will produce the highest goal scorer? 5
Who will reach the semi-finals? 3 for every correct team (order doesn't matter)
Which team will win group [GROUP LETTER]? 3
Which team will be world champion? 5

Want to participate?

• Please register there with your SteamGifts name to get a chance to win some prizes πŸ˜‰
  • If you have any problems or questions do not hesitate to ask
  • The participants on the page are limited to 300 for the free version, in case more people want to participate, I'll create another one and will link it beneath.

Link to the prediction game

Giveaways:

Venues (with Jigidis)

Name Jigidi Game
Kaliningrad Stadium, Kaliningrad Altes Haus (GA ended) Z Steel Soldiers
Central Stadium, Yekaterinburg State Academical Opera and Ballet Theatre (GA ended) Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
Cosmos Arena, Samara Internet user monument (GA ended) Sunrider Academy
Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi Riviera Park (GA ended) Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse
Kazan Arena, Kazan Kul Sharif Mosque (GA ended) BioShock Infinite
Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg Hermitage Museum (GA ended) Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition
Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow Kremlin (GA ended) Duck Game
Mordovia Arena, Saransk Mordovian culture (GA ended) Akihabara - Feel the Rhythm
Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod Chkalov Staircase (GA ended) Cities in Motion 2
Otkritie Arena, Moscow Saint Basil's Cathedral (GA ended) Post Master
Rostov Arena, Rostov-on-Don Underpass Art (GA ended) Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren`s Call
Volgograd Arena, Volgograd Square of Grief (GA ended) Lakeview Cabin Collection

Teams (with train)

Here's a little train to Russia with all teams in it. At the end of the giveaways half of them have to leave it 😟 For the others the journey will go on πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ›‘ Even if the Secret Sniffer shows something, there is nothing hidden in the train,
it's lvl 2+ 0,3 real ratio + default sgtools conditions πŸ›‘

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Will you watch the World Cup?

View Results
Yes every match I can! =D
Yes but just the games of my own country / favourite participant
Maybe I haven't decided yet
I'll just watch the final game
No I'm not interested in football at all
No because my country didn't qualify :(
I will not watch football as long as the ball isn't in shape of a potato ;)
Other answer: (please tell us in the comments :))

I don't understand how predictions work if it goes to penalties. Is that just treated as a draw for purposes of getting 0, 5, or 10 points, regardless of who wins on penalty kicks?
[Edit: I guess it would have to be. I don't see any other interpretation.]

5 years ago*

Hmmm... My interpretation is that draws always get 0 points from now on. I mean, look at the example from second-to-last line. The person there guessed 0-0, but the game went into Penalties... And the person gets 0 points anyway, even if he/she guessed the draw correctly.

So, as I just said above, casual attire only. I think.

5 years ago

"second-to-last line" of what?
So if "draws always get 0 points from now on," I guess we should never pick a draw?

5 years ago

Oops. I meant the "Examples" table in the OP, way up there. Sorry about that.

5 years ago

Oh I see-- yeah, I was looking at the site's rules tab. Makes sense now!

5 years ago

Indeed, predicting draws is pointless now just for the benefit of being able to guess a penalty shooting correctly, which pretty much never ever happens. I actually told him about this weeks ago, but ...
I also don't get why predicting the WC winner in advance isn't worth any more than vaguely predicting the result for a generic match: 5 points.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

I read that, and didn't understand it fully. That's why I posted.
If it's 1-1 and Team A wins 5-3 on PKs, then do you get 10 points for 1-1, 5 points for a draw, and zero points for anything else?
Or do you get 0 points for picking a draw, or Team B to win, but 5 points for picking Team A to win, but there's no way to get 10 points?

Maybe I don't truly understand the nuances of the word "result." I thought a result was win, draw, or loss. So if you lose on PK's, that would seem to be a loss. So if it's 1-1, then Team A wins on PK's, do you get 5 points for picking Team A to win 10-0? Is there any way to get 10 points in that scenario?

5 years ago*

I looked at the "Examples" table in the OP. I understand that if it is 1-1 + 5-3, you should read the score as 6-4 for Team A. If you predicted 1-1, you get zero points. In other words, there is no point in writing in a draw anymore. The only way to get 10 points would be if you actually guessed 6-4.

Ha, see what I did there? There is no point in writing a draw! :D :D :D

And I am so disappointed no one got my jokes about "no ties!" Well, my wife does tell me I have a peculiar sense of humor... She uses the word shitty, but surely she means peculiar. :D :D :D

Er, ok, I will see myself out. :D

5 years ago*

Okay, makes sense now...that's kinda weird IMO. If it goes to penalties, probably nobody will get 10pts.
Oh well-- thanks for the explanation and for re-directing my attention to the OP, not the website!

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

No offense taken. I just didn't understand the site rules-- the examples Moony provided were clear, though. I guess I just never considered that winning 1-1 (5-3 PK) would count as winning 6-4!

5 years ago

It's pretty simple system - you guess the winner right - you get 5 points. You guess winner right with the correct score - you get 10 pts, 0 pts if predicted winner was uncorrect. If you guess 1:1 and after 90 minutes and then after 120 minutes it's 1:1 - the game is still not over yet, so pick either one side or another in knockout stages.

5 years ago

5 years ago

Mbappe graphic description:

View attached image.
5 years ago*

Go Russia! It's your World Cup and your people. Prove them wrong.

5 years ago

乁( β—” ΰ±ͺβ—”)ㄏ乁( β—” ΰ±ͺβ—”)ㄏ乁( β—” ΰ±ͺβ—”)ㄏ

5 years ago

Amazing safe! :D

5 years ago

nice game, good def by russian team ^^

5 years ago

They put some "yaytsa" in this game. Good job.

5 years ago

5 years ago

That save ...

5 years ago

nice indeed, to rely on defence was best option against such an hard opponent like spain.

congrats from someone who has no squad to cheer for in this world cup :D

5 years ago

GG Brazil. Second goal was painful tho. Soccer analysts will eat them up on that one.

5 years ago

I would support Brazil, if Neymar wouldnΒ΄t be part of the Team. HeΒ΄s not a fair sportsman and a bad Actor and bad example for the Kids out there. So go Belgium go :)

5 years ago

That's the only thing I don't like about him. But he knows It works well and takes advantage of It. Maybe in a couple of years he leaves that behind.

5 years ago

Advantage? Idk, how many times he calls his Opponent "butana" (at least I saw it 5 times) and Things like that vs. Costa Rica and it was on every camera. For what do they have the videoassisant at the World Cup? IΒ΄m sure 15 years ago he would get a Lifetime Suspension for Fifa for that.I got a different understanding what Fairplay is

5 years ago

Because he drives them mad with his skills and his dirty mouth, then they hit him and he acts. I'm not saying It's ok, he's just likes that, he likes to provoke and yes, the ref should keep an eye on him.

5 years ago*

Totally agree. Hope Belgium will win, i don't wanna to see teams with players like Neymar

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

so cool OMG

5 years ago

Love the Suarez pic, and the Fellaini.

5 years ago

Damn, too late for the party

5 years ago

Ah Colombia, Colombia....so close. It's sad to see great teams leave.

5 years ago

great teams? was even 1 neutral fan who sympathised with Columbia after all the unfair, aggressive, unsporting thing they done on the pitch? The biggest question of the day: How managed Columbia to end this match with 11 players? I dont have favourite team, i watch all matches in hope for a good match and i must say after what i seen i happy that Columbia is out. They can now go to K-1 world championship, especially Barritos.

5 years ago

Don't get pissed about Neymar. Watch this: https://youtu.be/hdpYlrX9rzA

5 years ago

Prediction reminder 😁

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I have an insider hint -- all the games from now on will be 1-1. Everybody, bet 1-1! :D

Just joking, don't do that.

5 years ago

Allez les Bleus!

5 years ago

without always crying Neymar this world cup will be better. Good job, Belgium xD

5 years ago

Good job, Belgium. But lots of players cry-- almost all of them it seems! But Neymar's roll against Mexico was hilarious.

5 years ago

Heja Sverige!

5 years ago

go-go England!

View attached image.
5 years ago

No bump in 4 days? :O
Hope France will win today ^^

5 years ago

What a great game! On est en finale !

5 years ago

Well played and I'm always glad when "our" Pavard is successful. And I really liked the result. ;)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Allez les Bleus!
I actually wasn't sure if France would defeat Belgium...I thought the win over Brazil was more impressive than the win over an Uruguay team sans Cavani.
Will it be the battle for the English Channel? Or a rematch of the 1998 semi-final?
Either way, let's hope the result matches 1998 and not 2006.

5 years ago

The French team spirit is outstanding and they haven't been that way for years. They make quite a few mistakes but it's a very strong and tight team as a whole and this might be what will make the difference in the last game.

5 years ago

I hope so! I had the great pleasure and good fortune to be in France (Toulouse) in 1998 when they won the cup. And I was in Paris when they won the Euro in 2000! I will not be in France on Sunday but I will be there in spirit. ;-)

5 years ago

Damn, my rich friend betting total of $50,000 to France as winner and Kane as top scorer. i guess he gonna get new house after this world cup

5 years ago

Man, it is always the opposite of what i say :/

5 years ago

Congrats Croatia. This final will be one of the thoughest for both teams.

5 years ago

Third place play-off today! Don't forget to add your prediction =D

5 years ago

My personal prediction came out, Belgium; of course! πŸ˜‰βš½βš½

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Last day of the cup πŸ˜ƒπŸŽ‰

I hope you had a good time and enjoyed this prediction game.

Some points are still left so the leadership could still change.

Don't forget to place your bet on the final game πŸ˜‰

5 years ago

Thank you so much, Moony1986, for setting up this game for us! It was a lot of fun to participate!

5 years ago

Wait, what happened? Did I win?!?! No one calling the VAR on this? Woohoo!!!

One hundred thousand dollars!
Women! Motorcars! Yachts! Mansions!

Wait, what do you mean "just for fun?!?!"...

Nooooooooo!

But, yeah, seriously, thank you Moony1986 for organizing this, it made the World Cup a lot more fun!

5 years ago*

Congrats! Third place for me, I considered predicting a 2 - 0 for Belgium but then changed it to 2 - 1. :(

I don't wanna complain though, never thought that I would have the luck to end up in the Top 10.

Thanks for organizing, Moony. :)

5 years ago

Thanks! I kept an eye on you until the very end... Then I saw you ended up predicting the same score for the final as I did, so I was able to I relax even before the final (and you probably said "noooooooo, that bastard!")... :D :D

I never did well in these prediction games.. . it seems the spartan approach (1-0 on everything) paid off. :D

Cheers!

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.