Today marks 1 month since I've played Moonlight, a nice, relaxing platform game.

It's a very short game, I finished it in one sitting (although I still have to go replay it to get a few achievements I missed), and I figured, since I love it so much, why not share it with this wonderful community?

Jigsaw Puzzle, no level restriction or sgtools, by the way. Also ends in 1 week

Also, instead of just saying thanks or bumping, maybe give recommendations for other cute relaxing games like this one? If you do I'll make it worth your while ;) I'll add you to my Whitelist, lol

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Can't help with relaxing recommendations - nothing in my steam library would fall under that category.
If you have a wii or wiiu, I highly recommend the Endless Ocean games, and Art Style: Orbient

8 years ago

Ooh, those both look really nice, thanks! I could always use more Wii games.

8 years ago

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I had so much fun with Beatbuddy: http://store.steampowered.com/app/231040/

You move on the beat of the music, which btw is great, and when you start slipping the music starts to whine.
Not much of a description, I know LOL
But check it out, it is FUN!

8 years ago

Ahhh yes, this looks really nice, I love rhythm games! Thank you so much

8 years ago

Not a platformer, but I've always had fun with flow. There used to be a free web-based version, which I can't find anymore. http://agar.io/ is kind of similar, but it can get kind of tense because you're competing with other people.

8 years ago

I've played a little of Agar.io, it's very nice, and I'm gonna look into Flow, thanks

8 years ago

I already have it but it was fun solving it so have a bump! :)

8 years ago

Lumini would be my choice. It is about 2h long and the art style is wonderful. Highly recommend if you are looking for a zen like game, though going for the achievements adds a great amount of challenge if you prefer that.

8 years ago

Awwww, it looks really nice, thank you!

8 years ago

I played a bit Where is my heart? http://store.steampowered.com/app/244950/ and that's the first thing that came to my mind when thinking about platformer not necessarily pumped with action ;)
Also Type:Rider http://store.steampowered.com/app/258890/ is simply beautiful and relaxing.

8 years ago

Those look interesting, thank you for the recommendations :3

8 years ago

I'd recommand monument valley and alto on android and Iphone.

8 years ago

Nice!!! I like that people are suggesting some stuff besides Steam games

8 years ago

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223730/ I played the demo of this and thought it was kind of cute.

8 years ago

Awww, it looks very nice, I'm gonna give the demo a try

8 years ago

Bumping :)

8 years ago

Skyrim it can be relaxing most of the times, if you walk mission to mission on foot or horse, you can see the animals, epic dragons, BIG ass orcs, waterfalls and some "unhappy people" well not all the time if you avoid them :D

http://store.steampowered.com/app/72850/

View attached image.
8 years ago

Skyrim............. haha, I've been meaning to get that for a long time, but I still haven't for some reason. It looks really good

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

8 years ago

Both look like nice games, thank you!

8 years ago

Blockwick 2 is pretty fine logic game. I, actually, find all logic games relaxing

8 years ago

Nice, I like logic games myself, I find them to be pretty calming

8 years ago

Stardew Valley is my go-to relaxing game lately.

A few years back, i was playing this one, in a different genre but very relaxing too http://store.steampowered.com/app/61600/

8 years ago

I love Stardew Valley, what a great game!! And Zen Bound 2 looks gorgeous :3

8 years ago

I recommend the following games, in order to how much I personally enjoyed them (sorta):

• Fez: Very interesting platformer, with a unique game mechanic.
  • Thomas Was Alone: Another platformer, very easy and sort of soothing.
  • To the moon: Relaxing story oriented game, quite moving also.
  • Starseed Pilgrim: Relaxing platoformer.
  • LYNE: Addictive. Very. Maybe not super relaxing.
  • Dynamite Jack: The least known among the games I'm suggesting here, it is a relaxing bomberman style game.

Not relaxing at all, but totally amazingly super awesome:

• Shadow Warrior
  • NOT A HERO

These last two are in the humblebunldle at the moment, and are two of my favourite games! Totally worth a look.

8 years ago

Oh wow, thanks for all of the recs!! And I've been seeing NOT A HERO a lot recently, and it's kind of caught my eye, I'll probably end up getting it haha

8 years ago

It's very good: it's easy to pick up, and each character offers a different style so if you get bored with one you can switch.
I completed it (100%) in about 14hr but it can take significantly less time if you don't go for completion.

Oh, since in my previous post I mentioned bundled games: LYNE pays for itself (card drops) if you get it while it's discounted.

8 years ago

Yep, I think one of the things that interested me most about it were the multiple characters, I feel like that gives games more replay value.

And also, thanks for the heads up about LYNE!

8 years ago

I'd say that rather than giving straight up replay value, it gives variety.
I mean, if you 100% the game with a single character you are not very likely to spend a lot of time with the other ones, because you'll be out of things to do :)

It does not feel like a long game, I spent less hours on MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT and somehow it felt longer...

8 years ago

This one is not like that but for me http://store.steampowered.com/app/381870/ koala kids was very relaxing and casual game. I enjoyed it

8 years ago

Awwww, it looks really cute, thank you!

8 years ago

I liked Fez.

8 years ago

I think this is the second time Fez has been mentioned on here, I'm definitely going to give it a look now, thanks.

8 years ago

You can also try FLY'N. I found it cute and colorful

8 years ago

Knytt Stories (non-Steam) and Knytt Underground.

8 years ago

Yay, another non-Steam game! These look great, thank you

8 years ago

try luminocity . very relaxing and handcrafted game

8 years ago

Yep, I've seen that one before, I always thought the art on the store banner looked really nice and cute :3

8 years ago

My go to relaxing game has to be Final Fantasy IX. It's such a great game with an incredible soundtrack that definitely leads to some of the most charming places in the series in my opinion, with this being one of my favorite tracks of the game

Many people are put off by it's combat system, which honestly is a bit slow compared to it's predecessors, but I still love it, it's my favorite game of the series and quite possibly my favorite game of all time.

8 years ago*

Oh my gosh, Final Fantasy IX is also one of my favorite Final Fantasy's and favorite games of all time, haha. I find it really easy to get sucked into playing it for hours at a time.

8 years ago

No kidding, I've played through it about 4 times now. Probably half the time is playing the chocobo hot and cold minigame haha.
It's just so good and made me so happy to know it was getting released on PC.
Hopefully i'll manage to grab that one day and probably attempt a perfect save run!.

8 years ago

Haha, I think I've lost track of how many times I've played it by now. And the chocobo minigame is great, probably one of my favorites of all time!!

And the PC version is great, I know some people have had some technical issues with it, but it's ran fine for me and the new HD models look nice. I've already sink around, 55 hours I think? into it

8 years ago

Yeah i've seen pics and it looks incredible.
Sad to hear that they couldn't get the high res backgrounds though, saw them for the first time after the PC version was announced and damn, they were absolutely beautiful.

But still, incredible game and glad to hear that the PC version makes justice to that.

8 years ago

I like "To the moon"... it's a good story and you don't have much to do just enjoy the history.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440/?l=portuguese

8 years ago*

and thanks for the puzzle

8 years ago

I've been meaning to get To The Moon for awhile now, since I've heard so many great things about it and it seems like my type of game.

8 years ago

you will not regret it... it's one of the best games stories i've ever played!

8 years ago

Bastion I think is good recommendation

8 years ago

Another game I've been meaning to get, both that and Transistor look great! Thanks

8 years ago

A Bird Story: http://store.steampowered.com/app/327410/
To The Moon: http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440/

I found these two to be relaxing and just a good tale to read. :) while they are a little more story based with minimal gameplay(Little more in To The Moon) are great games that you can sit and just enjoy a good read along with Fantastic music.

8 years ago

That reminds me that I have A Bird Story and still need to play it, and I still need to get To The Moon, I've wanted that one for awhile now.

8 years ago

Thank you

8 years ago

Tetris! You'll love it! Specially when you reach higher levels

8 years ago

Tetris is a classic :3

8 years ago

Relaxing platformer, You say? I think that You might enjoy one of these: